Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print
ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy (Read 195159 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy
Reply #270 - 24th Dec, 2013 at 11:30am

moneymarketing wrote on 24th Dec, 2013 at 4:20am:
Another example would be clixsense. They are one of the biggest PTCs and they only charge $17 per year and $30 for two

Even greater point.. now why didn't I think of that first.. Angry

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #271 - 24th Dec, 2013 at 12:32pm

SolidSnake wrote on 24th Dec, 2013 at 12:13am:
But think about it.. when you are promoting a site where there is a required clicking rule and you have a large downline,
do you really click because you are earning from it, or just because you have to (or like to)?

It might not mean much to you if you received less for every click but think about how much
the site would save from such a move..

Not that much I think. Promoters are a small slice of total members. The referral system works like a pyramid. The % at upper layers is much smaller than the lower layers. A relatively small number of people gets the bigger slice of all referrals.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #272 - 24th Dec, 2013 at 2:07pm

ruicarlov wrote on 24th Dec, 2013 at 12:32pm:
Not that much I think. Promoters are a small slice of total members. The referral system works like a pyramid. The % at upper layers is much smaller than the lower layers. A relatively small number of people gets the bigger slice of all referrals.

However as a site gets bigger over time it would help reducing the costs in the long term..
Of course that would be true provided that the new system motivates more members to upgrade.

Anyways, especially for a new site I would recommend keeping upgrades as cheap as possible, probably a few bucks / month.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #273 - 26th Dec, 2013 at 8:34pm

I see that some changes have already been made to the click rates. However, I think you should have presented the new cheap membership at the same time as the rate reduction.
It's just a matter of psychology. If members see the rates decreased without a readily available alternative, only a "will come soon" message, you might scare them away. These sort of big changes should be handled with a bit more care, thinking about the image you're sending to your members.
Well, what'd done is done. Let's just try to keep this in mind in the future.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #274 - 27th Dec, 2013 at 1:32am

Just noticed the announcement as well. I'll try to monitor if there is any change in my refs activity.
Btw, as for the upgraded memberships rates just keep in mind that it might be better to make them
affordable to as many members as possible..

Sometimes it's ok to earn $5 from a guy's purchase but it's 2 times better to get 5 guys to spend $2 each..
Think carefully about the price rates. May the standard earning rates decrease grant you the ability to offer
more selfsponsored ads.

Is there gonna be an increase in the amount of visitors we can purchase per buck as well?
That would be very interesting indeed!

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #275 - 27th Dec, 2013 at 12:24pm

SolidSnake wrote on 27th Dec, 2013 at 1:32am:
Just noticed
Is there gonna be an increase in the amount of visitors we can purchase per buck as well?

I believe that would be for the best. If the main problem is lack of advertisers, then the main goal of click rate reduction would be to offer more competitive prices in order to attract more customers.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #276 - 27th Dec, 2013 at 11:50pm

Hey, sorry guys, I needed to get the payments down, but didn't have time to work on anything else.  That'll come in the next few days. 

Quote:

As for this, Rui is correct in mentioning that this is the entire point of the changes.  The membership upgrades idea is pretty great too, and hopefully really helpful, but advertising prices will come down for sure.  It probably won't be as much as the payment rates came down, but they'll be at most half, maybe less, of what they are now.

As for activity, I'd be interested to know if you see any change.  If didn't look like there was much change in overall signups, although I can't view that right now.  (Sidenote-Because of a bug, Bushost is telling me I'm way over bandwidth, but it's not supposed to be affecting front-end.  Do you see any difference?)

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #277 - 30th Dec, 2013 at 1:40am

Ok, so BuxHost is still sucking.  I don't have access to my back end, and probably won't until the end of the month.  So in the mean time, I'll show here what my plans are, and we can take a couple days to talk about anything that you think needs to be fixed.

Pay rates are based on standard (30 sec, I think) ad click.

Free user: (free)
$.001 for all clicks, whether user or referrals.  (Should this be more for user/less for referrals?

Clicker upgrade: ($1/month, $10/year)
$.01 per user click, $.001 for all others.

Promoter upgrade: ($2/month, $20/year)
$.01 per direct referral clicks, $.001 for all others.

Investor upgrade: ($3/month, $30/year)
$.01 per rented referral click, $.001 for all others.

Full upgrade: ($5/month, $50/year)
All clicks earn $.01

At these rates, I'm thinking I could sell ads at roughly $.005 a piece, at least at first.  Thoughts?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #278 - 30th Dec, 2013 at 3:26am

The rates are probably ok, I only feel there should be no such difference between promoter and investor upgrade.
direct and rented refs earnings should be the same.. besides it's not good to call your site an investing one as it is
basically an advertising site. Now if someone decides to use the site as an investment one then it's his own
responsibility. You may also like to state that in your FAQ or T.o.S. page like Nerdbux does..

I'm not sure if the script supports it but you could offer commissions from referral purchases to the Promoter upgrade.

However there could be an advertiser upgrade offering a discount etc. 25% bonus on all non-incentive advertising
such as banners and announcements (plus grid and text advertising if you decide to upgrade the script later on).

I vote positive for these upgrades :

Clicker : $1/Month - $10/Year
Promoter : $3/Month - $30/Year
Advertiser : $3/Month - $30/Year
Full (maybe called Awesome Tongue) : $5/Month - $50/Year

And here are some interesting monthly contests to have :

Top 3 clickers per month earn a free monthly Clicker upgrade,
Top 3 promoters per month earn a free monthly Promoter upgrade,
Top 3 advertisers per month earn a free monthly Advertiser upgrade
And if someone is in one of the top 3 places of at least two of the above contests then he earns a monthly Full upgrade.

In case someone has already purchased the upgrade he has earned then you could offer to return their expense in purchase balance. 
This way clickers upgraded or not will be motivated to click more.. promoters to promote more and advertisers to advertise more.. Smiley

Once the site grows a couple of tens of thousands larger you could widen these contests to 5 or more people per month.
I'm an ideas generator tonight..  Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #279 - 30th Dec, 2013 at 11:32am

What's up with ConstantBux today?
"Domain Suspended"?
What's with Buxhost?

Edited:

Okay, I checked my mail and had this message from Buxhost:

Quote:
Account temporarily suspended (constantbux.com)

Hello,

This is an auto-generated message to let you know you have exceeded bandwidth for your website constantbux.com for this calendar month. To minimize further bandwidth consumption, your website has been temporarily put on hold. If you wish you can purchase additional bandwidth for the remaining days of this calendar month via your BuxHost customer account. Please send in a support ticket to have your website up and running again as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

So, what next?
I took the liberty of logging in to your Buxhost account to check the situation. The used bandwidth is over 75 GB?! When you have 25GB per month? Shocked
I checked the history and the chaos started on December 27th.
Before that it was about 1 GB/day, but take a look at this:
27-Dec: 8Gb
28-Dec: 20Gb!!
29-Dec: 19Gb!!
30-Dec: 4.7Gb

There's something really strange going on here.
Snake, you're the computer expert. Any idea what could cause such abnormal spikes?
« Last Edit: 30th Dec, 2013 at 2:49pm by ruicarlov »  

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #280 - 30th Dec, 2013 at 3:33pm

Yea, I got the same thing just now.  I think the cheapest extra bandwidth is just $4.  If you want to go ahead and purchase that before too long, I'd be happy to pay you back.  The only thing I can think of, other than a Buxhost problem, (which they've already denied) is that I've made somebody mad, and  they're sending crazy amounts of traffic somehow, without any extra new members.  I'm hoping I'll have enough stats once I get access back to the back end stuff to fix whatever is going on.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #281 - 30th Dec, 2013 at 3:35pm

The question is: can this be solved with just 10GB? You're 300% over your limit, which means 50Gb.

Make somebody mad? So mad it would try to attack a 3000 member site?  Huh
Wait, didn't you reduce the click rates on the 27th?

Coincidence?...

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #282 - 30th Dec, 2013 at 3:49pm

Anyway, I've covered the extra bandwidth, but the site is still suspended. I'm guessing you need to send a support ticket of some kind.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #283 - 30th Dec, 2013 at 4:49pm

Yea, that's true.  Do you think somebody was upset enough about the rate change to do that?

I've sent a rather nasty note to buxhost.  Hopefully, they'll either bring the site back up, or at least refund the money soon.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #284 - 30th Dec, 2013 at 4:57pm

Somehow I find it hard to believe a standard member would have the resources to pull that off. If they had, they probably would've been upgraded by now.

Still, you never know...

Edited:
Great, site's back up.
« Last Edit: 30th Dec, 2013 at 6:38pm by ruicarlov »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print