Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
Send Topic Print
ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy (Read 195689 times)
zanderpm

I love being here!

Re: ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy
Reply #240 - 20th Dec, 2013 at 7:50pm

Ok, I just want to focus on something for now.  My subscription ends the day after tomorrow, and I don't have a way to pay to renew it.  If we don't find someone with a payza account, or a credit card, or something to pay Buxhost, the sit is going to go down.  Is there anybody who can help with that?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #241 - 20th Dec, 2013 at 10:31pm

Haven't buxhost offered any alternative ways after the recent payza-usa event?
Rui is away and it will take me time to fund payza..

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #242 - 21st Dec, 2013 at 12:17am

Nope.  I actually asked and just heard back that there's nothing new.  They still do the Skrill/Credit Card thing, but I can't do that either.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #243 - 21st Dec, 2013 at 11:32pm

zanderpm wrote on 21st Dec, 2013 at 12:17am:
Nope.  I actually asked and just heard back that there's nothing new.  They still do the Skrill/Credit Card thing, but I can't do that either.

Please keep a backup of anything just in case.. (site configuration, banners, database, orders etc.) They do allow that right?
Maybe we could figure out if we can switch to a more "customizable" PTC script and move everything there.

Also it might sound awkward but I think it's a good moment to consider what has been achieved with ConstantBux so far,
how great its future can be and how far are you wiling to commit yourself in order to make this site succeed.

I really believe it has a lot of potential but buxhost is kinda holding it back..
Their costs are too high for a starting PTC program and make its growth pretty rough.

If it was a one time or a reasonable annual fee, it would allow you to concentrate
on the site's maintainance and be able to make a good planning for it..

Btw, I noticed the announcement regarding the coversion from PayPal to Skrill or Payza..
That was a good idea. Did you get any replies so far?

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #244 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 1:00am

They'll automatically keep everything, at least for a period, even if the subscription lapses, so we don't have to worry about keeping backups.

And switching to a better host/script might be a good idea, but it would have to be within the next day or less.

I was hoping somebody would get back to me about the announcement, but I haven't heard anything.  Any thoughts on what I can do to strongly encourage people to respond?

Edited:
Ok, new things:  Rui is coming back tomorrow and has agreed to do it.  Yay!

Once we get through this, let's have a conversion/planning session about where the site's going, eliminating expenses, ect.
« Last Edit: 22nd Dec, 2013 at 1:11am by zanderpm »  

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #245 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 10:59am

zanderpm wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 1:00am:
They'll automatically keep everything, at least for a period, even if the subscription lapses, so we don't have to worry about keeping backups.

And switching to a better host/script might be a good idea, but it would have to be within the next day or less.

I was hoping somebody would get back to me about the announcement, but I haven't heard anything.  Any thoughts on what I can do to strongly encourage people to respond?

Edited:

Once we get through this, let's have a conversion/planning session about where the site's going, eliminating expenses, ect.

I think Rui should be taken on as a partner if he is willing. He has practically bought the site a few times  Grin

Maybe give him some prime advertising space as a tradeoff

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #246 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 3:15pm

Well, you only seem to come to the forum when you need help. And I don't see you doing anything for other forum members?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #247 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 4:07pm

Edited:

What do you mean "they" keep everything? Aren't you allowed to hold your own backup?!?
What if they decide to lock you out and hold your whole site for themselves?

Please think about it, as it is your own members' database and your own transactions history.
I strongly recommend keeping your own regular backups for security, evidence and other personal purposes.

For example you may decide to switch to another script and/or hosting (other than buxhost) in the future.
How would you be able to do that if you don't have your own database backup?

Thankfully rui is able to help with the renewal process.

moneymarketing wrote on 18th Dec, 2013 at 7:46pm:
You could also jump on board you get profit in the downline builder. If you were to sink some cash into their shares, they pay out a decent daily cash flow that might help you cover your own site expenses. Plus, if you promote it on your site, I don't doubt you could bring in some members and make some nice commissions from it

BTW, have you considered moneymarketing's suggestion?
It could benefit both you and the whole team, plus it would help you get some additional funding through this process.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #248 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 6:35pm

moneymarketing wrote on 18th Dec, 2013 at 7:46pm:
You could also jump on board you get profit in the downline builder. If you were to sink some cash into their shares, they pay out a decent daily cash flow that might help you cover your own site expenses. Plus, if you promote it on your site, I don't doubt you could bring in some members and make some nice commissions from it

Yes, good suggestion. And the other forum members could also see that zander is making more of a contribution to the team, operating more on a two way street, rather than just one. IMHO.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #249 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 6:39pm

Quote:
I think Rui should be taken on as a partner if he is willing. He has practically bought the site a few times  Grin

Maybe give him some prime advertising space as a tradeoff

He actually isn't out any money, as I've paid him back every time.  That being said, you're right in that he's gone well out of his way to help out more than once, and that deserves a thank you I think.  How's an announcement ad for a couple weeks, 1,000,000 banner impressions, plus another month of that epic membership sound?  At least as a start.  If that's ok, you can just send me the banner links you want to use.  (Happy to split up either or both if you'd like.)

I'm not really sure what a partnership would look like, but I'm also open to thoughts there.

Quote:
What do you mean "they" keep everything? Aren't you allowed to hold your own backup?!?

I just sent a support request to make sure I'm right, but I don't think Buxhost has any way to backup much of anything.  I'm not to worried about them loosing my stuff, but like so say, that does make it really hard to move anywhere else. 

Quote:

I'm actually not sure what downline builder you mean.  Can you be more specific?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #250 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 7:28pm

zanderpm wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 6:39pm:
I'm actually not sure what downline builder you mean.  Can you be more specific?

This one. This is a really good site that we're all making some income from:

http://www.ptcbox.me/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1378896664

If you want to read up more on the benefits you can go here:

http://www.ptcbox.me/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1378894877

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #251 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 8:16pm

zanderpm wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 6:39pm:
I just sent a support request to make sure I'm right, but I don't think Buxhost has any way to backup much of anything.  I'm not to worried about them loosing my stuff, but like so say, that does make it really hard to move anywhere else.

Well, so far I've simply disliked buxhost.. now I think I hate them..  Angry
So, their contract includes them keeping everything?

I've just took a tour in their ultimate membership script testing demo..
I browsed through all admin's options and it is true.. they do not allow the admin to access the database at all.
Once you start with them, you are hooked to stay with them.. if you decide to leave you leave everything to them..
How fair...  Angry

Quote:

Just like MM said above.. as for the main downline builder section where you can find more available programs check :

http://www.ptcbox.me/forum/YaBB.pl?board=downlinebuilder

Also, keep in mind that the downline builder has specific posting rules.
Since you are a full member you have complete access to it.
« Last Edit: 22nd Dec, 2013 at 8:22pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #252 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 9:01pm

Yea, Buxhost is making me a little mad too.  They're really friendly, but they're not flexible almost at all.

And I've signed up with YGP.  More on that thread.  I'm not sure it's for me, but I'll wait until I understand a little better before I make that decision.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #253 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 9:35pm

SolidSnake wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 8:16pm:
Well, so far I've simply disliked buxhost.. now I think I hate them..  Angry
So, their contract includes them keeping everything?

I've just took a tour in their ultimate membership script testing demo..
I browsed through all admin's options and it is true.. they do not allow the admin to access the database at all.
Once you start with them, you are hooked to stay with them.. if you decide to leave you leave everything to them..
How fair...  Angry

I suppose what you could do is open another site and then promote that to your memberbase. Once everyone has migrated, you can close down the original

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #254 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 10:08pm

moneymarketing wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 9:35pm:
I suppose what you could do is open another site and then promote that to your memberbase. Once everyone has migrated, you can close down the original

What site are you referring to? The original?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
Send Topic Print