Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
Send Topic Print
ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy (Read 195715 times)
ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy
Reply #255 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 11:03pm

dansbanners wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 10:08pm:
What site are you referring to? The original?

To the original ConstantBux, of course. The one under the claws of Buxhost.
I managed to save the ship again, but not without problems. Turns out Payza is not accepting credit card deposits, which means no instant deposits for me.
Good think YGP pays instantly. Was able to pay using that.

Oh, and good to be back home Cool

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #256 - 22nd Dec, 2013 at 11:55pm

ruicarlov wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 11:03pm:

It's good to have you back home! Cool

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #257 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 4:38am

Quote:
I suppose what you could do is open another site and then promote that to your memberbase. Once everyone has migrated, you can close down the original

I've thought about that, and may try to do it at some point.  I've actually been thinking about a traffic exchange type of thing that would cost little to nothing to startup.  The only thing is, after everything it would take to move everybody over, and all the people I would loose, I don't know that I'd want to loose the original site.  That being said, if anybody knows of any cheap scripts/hosts that would do well with a traffic exchange, let me know.

Quote:
I managed to save the ship again, but not without problems. Turns out Payza is not accepting credit card deposits, which means no instant deposits for me.

Thanks again for the help.  I just sent the Paypal money to cover it.  And be sure to let me know what I can do for you as far as free advertising.  You've definitely earned it.

So, now on to even more important things.  I've worked out a basic structure of a plan that I'm considering using to turn the site around.  I'd love any kind of feedback anyone can give on it.  Here's what I've got so far:

1) Constant Bux starts requiring investment before withdraws.  This might start at around 200%, (that's amount that can be withdraw relative to investment) and decrease as, and if, necessary to find the "sweet spot" where the site stops loosing money.  Also, probably would change based on membership level, with the possibility of a level that does not require investment.

2) The minimum deposit will probably be raised back to, say, $5, to keep deposits a reasonable size.

3) I haven't decided how I feel about this "only pay out what the site has brought in today" concept.  It sort of seems like a good idea, but also seems like it could be dangerous in the wrong situations.

In order to make up for required investment:

4) Try the advanced version of the script.  This will give the users some additional ways to spend the money they deposit as an investment.  I'm also strongly thinking about making those prices much cheaper, as I'm afraid my advertising is more expensive than I originally thought.

I know these are some pretty heavy duty changes, but the site needs something major.  Again, I'd love any comments or suggestions on whether there is a better way, or how this plan can be improved.

Thanks to everybody for all your help!

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #258 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 8:11am

dansbanners wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 10:08pm:
What site are you referring to? The original?

Yes, he could close down constant bux once he got the other one running and everyone migrated over. Or he could keep it going

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #259 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 8:14am

ruicarlov wrote on 22nd Dec, 2013 at 11:03pm:
To the original ConstantBux, of course. The one under the claws of Buxhost.

Rui saves the day again. you are like some sort of PTC superhero   Grin

We are going to have to change the name of this forum to the PTC justice league

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #260 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 1:16pm

moneymarketing wrote on 23rd Dec, 2013 at 8:14am:
Rui saves the day again. you are like some sort of PTC superhero   Grin

We are going to have to change the name of this forum to the PTC justice league

We've already got Solid Snake and Batman. Maybe I should change my avatar to another hero  Roll Eyes

zanderpm wrote on 23rd Dec, 2013 at 4:38am:
I've thought about that, and may try to do it at some point.  I've actually been thinking about a traffic exchange type of thing that would cost little to nothing to startup.  The only thing is, after everything it would take to move everybody over, and all the people I would loose, I don't know that I'd want to loose the original site.  That being said, if anybody knows of any cheap scripts/hosts that would do well with a traffic exchange, let me know.

Thanks again for the help.  I just sent the Paypal money to cover it.  And be sure to let me know what I can do for you as far as free advertising.  You've definitely earned it.

So, now on to even more important things.  I've worked out a basic structure of a plan that I'm considering using to turn the site around.  I'd love any kind of feedback anyone can give on it.  Here's what I've got so far:

1) Constant Bux starts requiring investment before withdraws.  This might start at around 200%, (that's amount that can be withdraw relative to investment) and decrease as, and if, necessary to find the "sweet spot" where the site stops loosing money.  Also, probably would change based on membership level, with the possibility of a level that does not require investment.

I know these are some pretty heavy duty changes, but the site needs something major.  Again, I'd love any comments or suggestions on whether there is a better way, or how this plan can be improved.

Thanks to everybody for all your help!

I think the "investment to withdraw" option is almost like signing a death warrant. A PTC site depends on its free members. If you put that investment barrier, you're gonna have quite the negative backlash.

I've said it before numerous times, buy you should consider revising the advertising prices and the referral click %. You should probably lower it for free members, higher for the Elite members and one or two other memberships in the middle. Using 50% or 100% is making your prices a bit too expensive. Your prices could work if it were a bigger site, but with its current size you should offer a more economical price.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #261 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 3:35pm

ruicarlov wrote on 23rd Dec, 2013 at 1:16pm:
We've already got Solid Snake and Batman. Maybe I should change my avatar to another hero  Roll Eyes

Or you could create your own one.. Ok, I've got the title for the first movie.. "PTCMan : Rise of the Online Business Empire"

Quote:
I think the "investment to withdraw" option is almost like signing a death warrant. A PTC site depends on its free members. If you put that investment barrier, you're gonna have quite the negative backlash.

I've said it before numerous times, buy you should consider revising the advertising prices and the referral click %. You should probably lower it for free members, higher for the Elite members and one or two other memberships in the middle. Using 50% or 100% is making your prices a bit too expensive. Your prices could work if it were a bigger site, but with its current size you should offer a more economical price.

I trully agree with it.. any PTC that has followed that path in the past has failed.

We need to accept that 80-90% of PTC users are mainly freebies trying to make a few bucks online by clicking.
There are thousands of PTC - Bux sites around.. so if you require investment they'll simply go click somewhere else.

In fact you can't require anyone to invest.. you can only motivate them to do so by offering a good quality service or product,
and work carefully on advertising it effectively. I believe this is the ultimate key to succeed in any type of online business.. :

If you can combine :
  • Good quality service (a good rewarding system)
  • Friendly, active and effective support
  • Well planned, designed and targeted advertising
  • ..somewhat competitive prices (unfortunately we can't avoid that)
..then you are on your way to success.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #262 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 6:44pm

ruicarlov wrote on 23rd Dec, 2013 at 1:16pm:

I don't know. Cartoon picture guy is a pretty good superhero avatar. Think about it. Cartoons can never die even if you blow them to.....smithereens....whatever that is....they always come back in the next scene. That is true immortality. So already you are ahead of the game  Grin

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #263 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 6:47pm

SolidSnake wrote on 23rd Dec, 2013 at 3:35pm:
Or you could create your own one.. Ok, I've got the title for the first movie.. "PTCMan : Rise of the Online Business Empire"

I trully agree with it.. any PTC that has followed that path in the past has failed.

We need to accept that 80-90% of PTC users are mainly freebies trying to make a few bucks online by clicking.
There are thousands of PTC - Bux sites around.. so if you require investment they'll simply go click somewhere else.

In fact you can't require anyone to invest.. you can only motivate them to do so by offering a good quality service or product,
and work carefully on advertising it effectively. I believe this is the ultimate key to succeed in any type of online business.. :

If you can combine :
  • Good quality service (a good rewarding system)
  • Friendly, active and effective support
  • Well planned, designed and targeted advertising
  • ..somewhat competitive prices (unfortunately we can't avoid that)
..then you are on your way to success.

What about requiring a portion of earnings to be converted to advertising like 10% or 20%. This would increase site activity wouldn't it?

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #264 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 7:17pm

moneymarketing wrote on 23rd Dec, 2013 at 6:47pm:
What about requiring a portion of earnings to be converted to advertising like 10% or 20%. This would increase site activity wouldn't it?

That is a good option too.. it works on YouGetProfit.. Smiley

Regarding the user types in addition to this :

Quote:

I was going to add that.. the other 9% includes promoters that know how to promote a PTC site effectively and they are
the ones that guide free members into clicking so that they make good profits from them, (it's not slavery as they also earn)
but also train them so that one day those clickers are gonna become promoters themselves and train others.

And there is probably 1% of simple advertisers that are simply advertising their site and don't care about clicking nor promoting,
nor direct earning. All they are interested in is generating leads for their own products/services through advertising on these PTC sites.

The important thing is that all 3 categories are necessary in this industry to keep things balanced and going.

If you require investment free members will run away.. promoters will find it unprofitable to promote a site that
does not accept free members so they'll run away too.. and advertisers will also look away as the activity on
such a site will not be enough for their needs..

I hope I helped. Smiley

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #265 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 8:52pm

Ok, so requiring investment is a bad idea, sounds like.  We'll push that off until there's no other option then.  I think I'm ok with the price restructuring idea though.  Users would be making even less than they are now, but they didn't seem to mind the first time the incentives dropped.  Any last thoughts on the concept before I go back and redesign that structure?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #266 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 10:55pm

Ok, maybe there should be different types of memberships for clickers and promoters focusing on what each one needs.
PTCBox worked like that..

Clickers were able to purchase upgrades that increased their clicks rates..
while promoters could purchase upgrades that increased their referral clicks rates.

To adapt to buxhost there could be a membership that allows a clicker to earn more from his own clicks
while dropping his referral earnings ratio and vise versa.. so.. for example :

Standard Member :
50% personal earnings
50% referral earnings

Clicker oriented membership :
100% personal earnings
10% referral earnigns

Promoter oriented membership :
10% personal earnings
100% referral earnings

Promoters aren't much interested in earning from their own clicks so I believe it will be fine for them.
This way you'll benefit more from any advertising sale. Of course your EPIC upgrade could still be there
to offer 100% both and no clicking required..

Another important thing is to keep upgrades cheap. Think about it.. PTCSolution is one of the top sites
right now and it has been offering premium membership for a year at the price of $29 until a few days ago.
Now they've raised it to $39 which equals to $3.25 / month. That's cheap enough for people to go with it,
keeping in mind that the site currently offers ads worth $0.11 / day for premiums and $0.055 for standards.
This way a member can figure out that the upgraded way can be profitable.

Also another incentive could be commissions from direct referral purchases..
something like 10% for upgraded members would motivate more promoters to upgrade.

And of course bringing up promos and contests all the time greatly increases overall activity.
I think a good idea would be to have a day for special promos. etc. announce a special promo every Sunday.

This way members will make it a habbit to check up your site on that day even if they are inactive, just to
check what your promo is going to be this time.. As for contests there are plenty of types..

Top clicker, top referrer, top advertiser, most active.. etc.
I'm not sure how many of these features buxhost allows you to implement but there are certainly
plenty of ways to keep your members, promoters and advertisers busy.. of course all of these require
you to be busy in the first hand, and that's why I asked a few posts above, how far are you willing to
go with your site.. I've lost my sleep a couple of times working on mine but it did pay off eventually..

If you work hard you'll definitely get rewarded.
« Last Edit: 23rd Dec, 2013 at 11:05pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #267 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 11:51pm

Yes, I like Snake's idea. Instead of 50%/50% for free members, maybe you could start with 50%/20% for free members (most free members aren't all that interested in referrals, making 50% referral earnings kind of meaningless, and then making those oriented packs: clicker -> 100%/20%; promoter 50%/100% (I feel it's a bad idea to decrease personal clicks for this kind of upgrade, keeping it the same as a free member is a better idea. Otherwise people will feel they are loosing something instead of gaining).

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #268 - 24th Dec, 2013 at 12:13am

ruicarlov wrote on 23rd Dec, 2013 at 11:51pm:
Yes, I like Snake's idea. Instead of 50%/50% for free members, maybe you could start with 50%/20% for free members (most free members aren't all that interested in referrals, making 50% referral earnings kind of meaningless, and then making those oriented packs: clicker -> 100%/20%; promoter 50%/100% (I feel it's a bad idea to decrease personal clicks for this kind of upgrade, keeping it the same as a free member is a better idea. Otherwise people will feel they are loosing something instead of gaining).

But think about it.. when you are promoting a site where there is a required clicking rule and you have a large downline,
do you really click because you are earning from it, or just because you have to (or like to)?

It might not mean much to you if you received less for every click but think about how much
the site would save from such a move..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #269 - 24th Dec, 2013 at 4:20am

Quote:
Another important thing is to keep upgrades cheap. Think about it.. PTCSolution is one of the top sites
right now and it has been offering premium membership for a year at the price of $29 until a few days ago.
Now they've raised it to $39 which equals to $3.25 / month. That's cheap enough for people to go with it,
keeping in mind that the site currently offers ads worth $0.11 / day for premiums and $0.055 for standards.
This way a member can figure out that the upgraded way can be profitable.

Another example would be clixsense. They are one of the biggest PTCs and they only charge $17 per year and $30 for two

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
Send Topic Print