Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 90
Send Topic Print
My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com (Read 766814 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com
Reply #195 - 3rd Oct, 2014 at 11:06pm

ruicarlov wrote on 3rd Oct, 2014 at 6:57pm:
Lol, I can't believe how blind I am. So far I had been selecting the text, Ctrl+C, click on the field and Ctrl+V.
I still hadn't noticed all is took was one click on an icon next to the field.

(facepalm smiley needed)

Too bad this is not an emoticon.. Tongue

As for the button.. don't worry.. I also didn't notice the first time it was there..
The second time.. I was kinda afraid to click it.. but the third time I couldn't help it.. Tongue

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #196 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 3:07pm

ruicarlov wrote on 3rd Oct, 2014 at 6:57pm:
Lol, I can't believe how blind I am. So far I had been selecting the text, Ctrl+C, click on the field and Ctrl+V.
I still hadn't noticed all is took was one click on an icon next to the field.

(facepalm smiley needed)

Thanks for posting it in here! I didn't know either! Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #197 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 3:11pm

moneymarketing wrote on 3rd Oct, 2014 at 10:00pm:
I'm not sure I agree with it though. This and the other captcha change diminishes the advertisers benefit

What do you want it to do? Make it become more tedious? Roll Eyes

Maybe sometime you just have to learn to go with the flow when something good like this comes up.

To tell you the truth, for a while there, I wasn't even clicking thinking it was too tedious and all. But now that I learned of this easier method, I'll start clicking again.

Anyway, what captcha change?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #198 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 3:58pm

dansbanners wrote on 4th Oct, 2014 at 3:11pm:
What do you want it to do? Make it become more tedious? Roll Eyes

Maybe sometime you just have to learn to go with the flow when something good like this comes up.

To tell you the truth, for a while there, I wasn't even clicking thinking it was too tedious and all. But now that I learned of this easier method, I'll start clicking again.

Anyway, what captcha change? 

They moved the captcha onto the ad page which takes away viewing space and also takes the viewers attention off the ad and on to performing the captcha

Are you still clicking other sites? I'm asking because you can make more clicking at PV than at other sites

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #199 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 5:19pm

moneymarketing wrote on 4th Oct, 2014 at 3:58pm:
They moved the captcha onto the ad page which takes away viewing space and also takes the viewers attention off the ad and on to performing the captcha

Are you still clicking other sites? I'm asking because you can make more clicking at PV than at other sites

They could always just remove the captcha when it comes down to it.

I was still getting a tedious feeling clicking in PV regardless of whether or not I was clicking in other sites. Thus was still glad to learn of the less tedious route in PV.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #200 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 6:46pm

dansbanners wrote on 4th Oct, 2014 at 5:19pm:
They could always just remove the captcha when it comes down to it.

I was still getting a tedious feeling clicking in PV regardless of whether or not I was clicking in other sites. Thus was still glad to learn of the less tedious route in PV.

At least you don't need to stay on the page or can work from a second window. I run a monitor from my laptop so I can use one screen for my clicks and another for other work.

Making ten or twenty cents in one click is always going to be faster that making one cent clicks though. If you're not sold on the site then you're not sold

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #201 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 7:54pm

moneymarketing wrote on 4th Oct, 2014 at 6:46pm:
At least you don't need to stay on the page or can work from a second window. I run a monitor from my laptop so I can use one screen for my clicks and another for other work.

Making ten or twenty cents in one click is always going to be faster that making one cent clicks though. If you're not sold on the site then you're not sold

You miss the point. Actually, I'm a little more sold on the site now that I know that there's a less tedious way to click and all. Wink

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #202 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 9:18pm

It's easier for the clicker, but the advertising value has been reduced a bit and that captcha can be kinda annoying sometimes, by simply being too hard to read, but it's not impossible and bots have to be fought back so.. it's understandable from the admin's perspective.

Now something I've researched regarding Solve Media Captchas is that it pays per correct captcha entry so that could also be used in money making and that's a way PTC owners earn some money from the freebie active clickers. That's also an interesting idea to use in online games and content submission sites, file-sharing sites, forums etc.. (Ok, don't worry I won't make you fill in captchas for me.. Tongue)

And until now I was wondering why I have seen the term : "Paid to fill in captchas"..

Some more details on the project are here :
How to make money using Solve Media Captchas

...and this is their advertising guide which shows how one can use their captchas to advertise.

However it seems more like tv ads where there's no actual interaction with the viewer other than "brain washing" so there's no click here to visit page link or sth.

But wait there's more to it.. Smiley
Quoting from this article..:

Quote:
Which leads us to Solve Media’s new brand analytics product: Solve Media Insights. Instead of typing in a predetermined brand message, users can voice their opinions. With its ad platform Type-In, the user is prompted to type a word—any word—that describes his or her impression of the brand pictured in the captcha. Not lovin’ it? Type in “lame.” The data, certified by comScore, itself becomes valuable to advertisers. In the coming months, Solve Media will roll out a “Part B” of its Insights program, which will offer comprehensive historical data to its customers, Jacoby said.

Solve Media raised $4 million in venture backing in September 2010 from AOL Ventures, New Atlantic Ventures, First Round Capital, and angel investor Roger Ehrenberg.

Which means they are maybe most suitable for international large scale advertisers.

Coming back to the subject I think admin could have done it a bit better by having the captcha at the bottom of the page or even make it a floating one.. so that at least the visitor would have to scroll down and thus take a better view at the site being advertised..

At many cases if the visitor is viewing the site from a mobile device or something with a small resolution he won't be able to view the actual site without scrolling down.
« Last Edit: 4th Oct, 2014 at 9:23pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #203 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 9:21pm

Something good I've also noticed regarding Paidverts is that there comes this point where the money accumulates faster than the time it takes for the PTC credits to expire which means I get constant advertising from them for my site without having to pay out of my pocket for it.. I can just use my earnings and still be in profit with them.

Btw, there's are some interesting updates on the site's forum for today.. and it looks like we're expecting a raise in profits tomorrow.. Smiley

And also my "small super upgrade" week is ending tomorrow so I'll also post some interesting nice facts about it..
« Last Edit: 4th Oct, 2014 at 9:37pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #204 - 4th Oct, 2014 at 11:41pm

I'm glad they've decided to tackle the legality issues with the company. That has been my biggest(and now really my only) concern with the site. With the way governments like to go after people making money for the stupidest reasons(like being in competition with their cartels) they needed to take this next step. They are of the size that they will need to do it soon so that the parasites of the world don't try to make lunch of them

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #205 - 5th Oct, 2014 at 3:19pm

Another great time saving idea someone suggested is to record all the captcha lines into a text or word file. Since they repeat so often, after a short time you will have a list that you can just copy and paste.

It also helps to put them in alphabetical order with a letter to head them

Here is your starting list that I got just from today:

B

believe in yourself
boogie on reggae women

L

listen to the music

S

settle back easy jim

W

we bid you goodnight

Y

yummy in my tummy

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #206 - 5th Oct, 2014 at 11:38pm

Well, I think collecting all the captchas could be kinda impossible here as the 3000 characters limit will definitely block your way.. Smiley
But I also think it's kinda pointless.. it will most likely take more time to search - copy and paste the keyword instead of simply writing it..
The list will become rather large and very painful to read through..

So, just like I promised, my mini super upgrade has expired and here are the results :

It seems that $3 investment gets up to 300% ROI within one week if things keep on like that.
The calculated average of all the ads I have received is : $0,035 per ad.
However I didn't click that many ads so I didn't get all that $9.31 but I definitely got more than $8 clicking higher than $0.02 valued ads.

I also clicked a bunch of $0.01 ads so I probably got close to $9 if we include them.
All in all it costs $3 and I'm not sure how many BAPs are deducted by these ads.

So, I'm now wondering how well the $19.99 upgrade goes when there are only 324 people sharing profits in that list.. Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #207 - 6th Oct, 2014 at 6:51am

SolidSnake wrote on 5th Oct, 2014 at 11:38pm:
Well, I think collecting all the captchas could be kinda impossible here as the 3000 characters limit will definitely block your way.. Smiley
But I also think it's kinda pointless.. it will most likely take more time to search - copy and paste the keyword instead of simply writing it..
The list will become rather large and very painful to read through..

I didn't mean collecting them here. I was just giving you a starter list. You can do it in a text file on your computer. It does save me time and typing. Having them alphabetized is key because then you just need to look up the first letter. When doing my clicks tonight (I had four 1% ads), three of the four were repeats

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #208 - 6th Oct, 2014 at 1:34pm

SolidSnake wrote on 5th Oct, 2014 at 11:38pm:
I also clicked a bunch of $0.01 ads so I probably got close to $9 if we include them.
All in all it costs $3 and I'm not sure how many BAPs are deducted by these ads.

Since $9.31 was delivered, this means that it consumed 18620 BAP.
According to my calculations some pages ago, in order to break-even in terms of BAP, you should have earned over $8.5. Since you did, I guess it was profitable

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #209 - 6th Oct, 2014 at 4:35pm

Does it matter how often you log in? Or the ads availability is simply based on how many BAP points you have?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 90
Send Topic Print