Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Send Topic Print
NerdBux.com - Purchased by Jeffrey Johnson - Warning! (Read 238185 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: NerdBux.com - owned by ClickTrackProfit
Reply #105 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 5:06pm

sophieca wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 4:46pm:
Am sneaking in from the office lol

I saw admin doesn't really worry about advertisers .... I think it's a bit troubling to see the admin offering referrals for rent knowing very well that the members can only lose out from it with the amount of ads currently available and not caring about it.

I read your proposals, but if everyone buys micro ads like it seems to be the case now and might be even more so with adpackages, referring people to nerdbux or buying an upgrade is a waste of money as we don't earn when our refs click on those.

I stated PTC credits as that's the way they sell ads.
Credits can be used for whichever type of ad the advertiser wants, either micro, standard, mini etc,
so I didn't know how else to put it. The point is to generate some sales and increase the number of available ads.

Even if I earn less on some of those my referrals click, I'd rather keep them happy so that I actually earn from
some of their clicks, than get disappointed and leave the site..

I think it was kind of annoying to hear him say that the activity is the least of his worries..
Considering the complaints of so many people saying that their referrals rented or not, are
not active or click 1-2 ads he should at least avoid to talk about that.

Expanding his lack of worry it could be an indication that his actual members are active and
raise up the suspicion for bot activity that he controls.. I decided not to express this thought
there as it would ruin the constructive spirit of my post.. but it definitely was unpleasant.

Also the thing about advertisers.. well if he doesn't care about members' low activity nor
lack of advertisers, then why does he actually care for? It was weird to read.

I didn't feel like pushing him, though he kinda asks for it. So I just shared my thoughts and
stopped there.. Not sure how the rest of the members will react reading his post though.

Let's see..

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #106 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 6:48pm

Since I'm not in the site, let's see if I can get understand the problem. You only earn from referrals from a limited number of ads. I'm assuming you don't earn anything from micro ads, only the other classes.
None of those ads are guaranteed, which means it may be full of microads, but nearly empty of those ads the really matter for uplines. For those that rent referrals, they become unable to earn enough from referrals, since the are few ads that give them comissions.

Is this what's happening?

If that's the case, then I think it could be serious. If a site has the option to rent referrals, then it sould be able to guarantee that there are ads available to click. Just like Neobux, Twickerz and Probux do. Of course they can't guarantee referral activity, but they should at least make sure those referrals have some ads to click that count towards their uplines. Otherwise it's luring people in a system that it's nearly impossible to profit from.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #107 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 8:38pm

ruicarlov wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 6:48pm:
Since I'm not in the site,...
Looks like you're not missing much right now.. Smiley

Yes that is what's happening.
As for the rented referrals before now it was that 99% of them was inactive.
Now even if they are 100% active they won't make the rental money back within a month due to the lack of ads.

It's not actually lack of ads but low pay per click that makes it practically impossible to pay back the cost.
Standard members earn 50% so since all ads are worth $0.001 refs clicks pay $0.0005 per click and there
are ~12 available ads daily now. So.. 30 x 12 x $0.0005 = $0.18 while the rental cost is $0.20 per referral.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #108 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 9:46pm

Maybe upgrading will work. From what I see on their ads page (not logged in) they have 8 extended ads (worth $0.02 each), 1 macro ad ($0.0.01), 10 standard ads ($0.005) and 6 fiexed ads ($0.001).

I know that for example at Twickerz it's not worth renting when you're a free member. Only at higher memberships does it become profitable since we get bigger commissions from referrals. Maybe the system is made so that only upgraded members can profit from RR. Not all bux sites are like Neobux, after all.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #109 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 10:34pm

ruicarlov wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 9:46pm:
Maybe upgrading will work. From what I see on their ads page (not logged in) they have 8 extended ads (worth $0.02 each), 1 macro ad ($0.0.01), 10 standard ads ($0.005) and 6 fiexed ads ($0.001).

Upgrading would work if it gave made those ads available to our referrals.
Now wouldn't that be an interesting feature for PTC programs?
Upline upgrade to provide more ads to click for the downline.. lol

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #110 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 11:59pm

SolidSnake wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 10:34pm:
Upgrading would work if it gave made those ads available to our referrals.
Now wouldn't that be an interesting feature for PTC programs?
Upline upgrade to provide more ads to click for the downline.. lol

and they don't pay commissions on purchases either do they? That is another thing that Neobux does for their customers. I was talking earlier this year about how that pretty much covered the cost of my upgrade

They are just a little too tight with the money over there at nerdbux and that is starting to show up in advertiser participation

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #111 - 8th Oct, 2013 at 12:07am

moneymarketing wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 11:59pm:
and they don't pay commissions on purchases either do they? That is another thing that Neobux does for their customers. I was talking earlier this year about how that pretty much covered the cost of my upgrade

They are just a little too tight with the money over there at nerdbux and that is starting to show up in advertiser participation

But according to their admin answers they don't feel they are that tight..
If there's something we've learned after PTCBox is that tons of self-confidence won't help with the site's stability..
Let's hope they realize that before it's too late.

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #112 - 8th Oct, 2013 at 12:36am

ruicarlov wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 9:46pm:

I know that for example at Twickerz it's not worth renting when you're a free member. Only at higher memberships does it become profitable since we get bigger commissions from referrals. Maybe the system is made so that only upgraded members can profit from RR. Not all bux sites are like Neobux, after all.

Not everyone sees the same ads, I never see extended ads (think I saw one or two in since I joined), have now 1 macro worth 0.001$ and 11 fixed ads worth 0.001$. I don't often see macro ads either.

For my upline to break even if I were a rented referral, I should make 1,333 cent each day.

At nerdbux, the only way to earn from your referrals is from those ads, you don't earn commissions if they upgrade, buy ads, do offers or mini-jobs, win the grid etc ...

This evening I saw that they offer a lifetime upgrade for 1 Bitcoin, I must say that for now it's absolutely not worth it for me, my referrals should click 127,000 fixed ads worth 0.001$ to make me break even  Cheesy

I think I'll keep my wait and see attitude for another while  Cool
« Last Edit: 8th Oct, 2013 at 12:58am by sophieca »  

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #113 - 9th Oct, 2013 at 10:17am

SolidSnake wrote on 8th Oct, 2013 at 12:07am:
But according to their admin answers they don't feel they are that tight..
If there's something we've learned after PTCBox is that tons of self-confidence won't help with the site's stability..
Let's hope they realize that before it's too late.

I hope too they do realise and what I like is that members are not afraid to tell when things go wrong, ok, it can look negative but if no one says where the problems are, we can't expect improvement, can we ?

I read what Justin Ledvina posted last 24 hours, especially about the renting referrals system and I liked what I read so I keep my trust in the site Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #114 - 9th Oct, 2013 at 1:08pm

What, you mean about removing the whole rented referral system?

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #115 - 9th Oct, 2013 at 2:01pm

No, another post he made but now I can't find it back sigh, if I find it I'll post the link

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #116 - 13th Oct, 2013 at 4:10am

Another 24h promo is up.. 7 day fixed ad for $77, just in case anyone is interested.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #117 - 13th Oct, 2013 at 10:02am

SolidSnake wrote on 13th Oct, 2013 at 4:10am:
Another 24h promo is up.. 7 day fixed ad for $77, just in case anyone is interested.

I just saw that. I notice the sale price keeps getting higher every time  Grin

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #118 - 13th Oct, 2013 at 8:22pm

SolidSnake wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 7:38pm:
Yes, I'm now reading that they kind of lost $250 per fixed ad sale and they probably won't make the same promo again.. Sad

So now they only lose $77 per sale this time (((59 + 250) / 2) - $77)?

good thing they won't have these offers again

Edit: I think one thing they are hoping to benefit from is people not knowing how many clicks the ads get. 16K * 7 works out to about 110K ads. That is in the same price range as what a micro ad would go for on the bigger sites
« Last Edit: 13th Oct, 2013 at 8:29pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #119 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 10:39am

Updates on renting referral system :
http://www.nerdbux.com/forum.php?topic=24654

We now pay for referral clicks on Micro Ads
http://www.nerdbux.com/forum.php?topic=24844

Two good moves imho !  Cool New