Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Send Topic Print
NerdBux.com - Purchased by Jeffrey Johnson - Warning! (Read 238442 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: NerdBux.com - owned by ClickTrackProfit
Reply #75 - 22nd Sep, 2013 at 12:52am

Well, time will tell...

I'm currently running a second campaign on Top10PTC.. curious to see how it will go..
Last time it got me 8 active refs in one day.. hopefully it will go well too..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #76 - 22nd Sep, 2013 at 4:26am

Guess what..? I'm wondering what this guy (jjohnson777) is trying to tell.. :

Quote:
Your problem with PayPal has been posted in other forums.

From forum post your payment triggered a security reviews on that payment.

So you should either make smaller deposits to buy upgrade or use Payza.

Nothing NerdBux can do need to call PayPal.  Your best bet is to open Payza account.

I checked their PayPal account and it seems to be active.. Let's see...

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #77 - 22nd Sep, 2013 at 1:41pm

How much are their lifetime upgrades? Just wondering. Also is it also a PTP?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #78 - 22nd Sep, 2013 at 1:42pm

dansbanners wrote on 22nd Sep, 2013 at 1:41pm:

Looks like the offer's been taken down now.. it was $97 for lifetime. Now it's back to $50 / year.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #79 - 22nd Sep, 2013 at 3:39pm

dansbanners wrote on 22nd Sep, 2013 at 1:41pm:

It's just a bux site (so no PTP but they do have lucrative referral contests) and it was a 24 hour offer. Currently they are now offering 10 cent rented referrals so the craziness continues.

These kind of sales lead people to make irrational spending decisions. I did the same thing with PTCBox and when they offered the licenses I dipped into my credit card. We all know where that went.

So what if they are trying to get limited by PP? Then they could crash the site and say it wasn't their fault. They could blame big bad PP and their reputation stays intact while they walk off with any money they took out of PP to that point.

Does this sound like a pattern we've seen before? We need to keep a watch on this site over the next little while because they could be pushing for automatic limitation.

I'm not saying this is what they are doing but it is my job as an 'investor' to look for ways that things can go wrong in order to protect my investments (90% of investing is capital preservation....in other words, DEFENCE. You can't invest it or reinvest it if you lose it). When it comes to money, assume you are being scammed

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #80 - 22nd Sep, 2013 at 5:04pm

moneymarketing wrote on 22nd Sep, 2013 at 3:39pm:
It's just a bux site (so no PTP but they do have lucrative referral contests) and it was a 24 hour offer. Currently they are now offering 10 cent rented referrals so the craziness continues.

These kind of sales lead people to make irrational spending decisions. I did the same thing with PTCBox and when they offered the licenses I dipped into my credit card. We all know where that went.

So what if they are trying to get limited by PP? Then they could crash the site and say it wasn't their fault. They could blame big bad PP and their reputation stays intact while they walk off with any money they took out of PP to that point.

Does this sound like a pattern we've seen before? We need to keep a watch on this site over the next little while because they could be pushing for automatic limitation.

I'm not saying this is what they are doing but it is my job as an 'investor' to look for ways that things can go wrong in order to protect my investments (90% of investing is capital preservation....in other words, DEFENCE. You can't invest it or reinvest it if you lose it). When it comes to money, assume you are being scammed

Exactly what I was thinking.. after PTCBox all admins should now know that such big promos attract PayPal's attention.
Pushing a lot of people to purchase $100s from the site in just a day is like asking for it..

Ok, maybe PTCBox had the alibi that it was the prototype in such big promos.. but now there's no excuse anymore..
We should learn from past mistakes.. If a limitation happens now the locked amount would be massive..

(Btw, just for the record I checked out the original PTCBox's PayPal account again today and it's still limited.
So it never got unlocked again.. in 9 days it will be a year since the limitation so we'll know if it ever gets unlocked..)

I also noticed the 10 cents refs promo and checked it but it seems that there are no available referrals for rental anyway..
As for the upgrade price why does NerdBux only have a yearly upgrade available? Shouldn't there be smaller packs available too?

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #81 - 23rd Sep, 2013 at 8:22am

As I previously said, after Ptcbox I don't have the confidence to upgrade anywhere.

Meanwhile, I just wanted to check their 'Rented Referrals' feature and I was surprised. I rented 2 referrals for $0.40 and already I made $0.34 from those two in just 4 days.

I see a link 'Autopay' in the RR page. What does it mean? If I enable it, can I keep the existing 2 rented referrals for another month ( Cheesy ) ? Or will I be assigned 2 new referrals?

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #82 - 23rd Sep, 2013 at 12:30pm

I bet Autopay is the same as in Neobux and Twickerz. If a referral clicks that day, he will automatically be renewed for another day, with a 15% discount on the monthly rental price. It kinds becomes useless if the rental renewal period is 240 days (bigger discount)

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #83 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 6:50pm

The ads from the last promotion expire more or less today I think, I wonder what they'll come up with next Smiley

I read a bit at their forum today, personally I think they shouldn't offer a Renting Referral possibility, it makes people who are not able to find direct referrals frustrated and angry and when they complain they are told off which makes them even more frustrated ... it's really not good for the image of the site imho

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #84 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 8:15pm

sophieca wrote on 4th Oct, 2013 at 6:50pm:
The ads from the last promotion expire more or less today I think, I wonder what they'll come up with next Smiley

I read a bit at their forum today, personally I think they shouldn't offer a Renting Referral possibility, it makes people who are not able to find direct referrals frustrated and angry and when they complain they are told off which makes them even more frustrated ... it's really not good for the image of the site imho

Yes, and it went very well for me. 237K hits, 120 referrals at clixsense. It reminds me of the good old days using PTCBox.

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #85 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 8:38pm

moneymarketing wrote on 4th Oct, 2013 at 8:15pm:
Yes, and it went very well for me. 237K hits, 120 referrals at clixsense. It reminds me of the good old days using PTCBox.

Nice results! Which pack did you get?

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #86 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 12:10am

Yes, great result, did you promote a splash page or the referral link, I never know what is best lol

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #87 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 1:59pm

SolidSnake wrote on 4th Oct, 2013 at 8:38pm:
Nice results! Which pack did you get?

It was that special deal they offered. 14 days fixed ads for $57. If that comes up again, I'd jump on it

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #88 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 2:02pm

sophieca wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 12:10am:
Yes, great result, did you promote a splash page or the referral link, I never know what is best lol

I pointed them to the view ads page

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #89 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 6:45pm

moneymarketing wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 1:59pm:
It was that special deal they offered. 14 days fixed ads for $57. If that comes up again, I'd jump on it

Well, that's a nice price.. I'll keep my eyes open for that.

Edited:
Btw.. they did another good offer as explained in this post

If you can't read it let me know, I'll quote it here.
It seems that they offered 3 special spots on their homepage for $197/month and people jumped on it so it's closed now.
« Last Edit: 5th Oct, 2013 at 6:59pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Send Topic Print