Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Send Topic Print
NerdBux.com - Purchased by Jeffrey Johnson - Warning! (Read 239078 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: NerdBux.com - owned by ClickTrackProfit
Reply #90 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 6:58pm

SolidSnake wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 6:45pm:
Well, that's a nice price.. I'll keep my eyes open for that.

Yes, I'm not sure it will come back because they have raised their daily fixed ad prices from $25 to $30 since then. If that or the $99 for a month price(I wish I was around to jump on that) comes back I'd definitely get it. I was getting 16K hits per day over the last two weeks
« Last Edit: 5th Oct, 2013 at 7:06pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #91 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 7:32pm

SolidSnake wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 6:45pm:
Well, that's a nice price.. I'll keep my eyes open for that.

Edited:
Btw.. they did another good offer as explained in this post

If you can't read it let me know, I'll quote it here.
It seems that they offered 3 special spots on their homepage for $197/month and people jumped on it so it's closed now.

Wow! 100 skype responses in under a minute. They underpriced that one and yet they are charging $690 for a 30 day fixed ad  Shocked

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #92 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 7:38pm

moneymarketing wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 7:32pm:
Wow! 100 skype responses in under a minute. They underpriced that one and yet they are charging $690 for a 30 day fixed ad  Shocked

Yes, I'm now reading that they kind of lost $250 per fixed ad sale and they probably won't make the same promo again.. Sad

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #93 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 11:53pm

SolidSnake wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 7:38pm:
Yes, I'm now reading that they kind of lost $250 per fixed ad sale and they probably won't make the same promo again.. Sad

So we were right that they were having a bit of a fire sale. Our instincts paid off again.

On the positive side, this will mean that there are less advertisements to compete with. The thing is, that $690, based on my stats, will only probably bring in about 250 referrals @ CS. There is no way that the ad will pay for itself at that rate so I don't know who is going to be advertising there

David

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #94 - 6th Oct, 2013 at 12:53am

moneymarketing wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 2:02pm:
I pointed them to the view ads page

Oh great Smiley

Am silly at those things, you could explain to me how you direct people to that page with your refID in it ?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #95 - 6th Oct, 2013 at 3:25am

sophieca wrote on 6th Oct, 2013 at 12:53am:
Oh great Smiley

Am silly at those things, you could explain to me how you direct people to that page with your refID in it ?

If you click on the view ads page when you are logged in, you should see a little chain link beside your username. click on that and the user id link plus a box for tracking should pop up. There are actually a few pages with the chain link on it so you can experiment with different marketing styles and ads. For example, not everyone will be interested in PTC. You could point them to the contest page via the clixgrid, the offer page for bigger earnings that way or the affiliate page to show them what they could earn referring others

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #96 - 6th Oct, 2013 at 1:07pm

I tried a couple of those some time ago but I can't say I had much luck back then. There are so many clixsense ads pointing towards those pages already that most people have seen it.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #97 - 6th Oct, 2013 at 5:37pm

ruicarlov wrote on 6th Oct, 2013 at 1:07pm:
I tried a couple of those some time ago but I can't say I had much luck back then. There are so many clixsense ads pointing towards those pages already that most people have seen it.

Yes, you definitely have to target the 'new' people coming into the industry. If you can't make a profit from advertising to them then it is somewhat pointless

David

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #98 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 12:27am

Thanks for your help moneymarketing, I never had noticed that little chain thingy Smiley

I must say that the way some admins/mods talk to the members at nerdbux made me go away from their forum, I hope that with time Nerdbux will become a great site because for now I am really very disappointed.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #99 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 12:33am

sophieca wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 12:27am:
I must say that the way some admins/mods talk to the members at nerdbux made me go away from their forum, I hope that with time Nerdbux will become a great site because for now I am really very disappointed.

Somehow that action motivated me to get a bit involved to their forum lately...
I guess I needed some tension (and why not earning some easy extra publicity as well).

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #100 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 12:36am

sophieca wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 12:27am:
Thanks for your help moneymarketing, I never had noticed that little chain thingy Smiley

I guess they are trying to model themselves after Neobux  Grin

David

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #101 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 1:17am

LOL, one of the main reasons am not a fan of Neobux, did quit it a long time ago.

Yes, I saw you went to the forum Solid, you know, if one can't prove the rented referrals are bots, you can't prove they are not either, it goes both ways lol . So many RRs clicking 1 or 2 ads a day when Direct referrals don't have that pattern surely causes doubts among members. For now anyway, it would be crazy to rent referrals as there aren't enough ads to click on to even make it possible to be in profit.

I keep my wait and see attitude Wink

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #102 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 11:24am

sophieca wrote on 7th Oct, 2013 at 1:17am:
Yes, I saw you went to the forum Solid, you know, if one can't prove the rented referrals are bots, you can't prove they are not either, it goes both ways lol . So many RRs clicking 1 or 2 ads a day when Direct referrals don't have that pattern surely causes doubts among members. For now anyway, it would be crazy to rent referrals as there aren't enough ads to click on to even make it possible to be in profit.

I keep my wait and see attitude Wink

Of course, I never said they aren't bots.. to be honest even I believe that they might be bots,
but I won't ever make any such accusations without a proof, and I hate to see people do so.

In here we call that "the witch effect"..
It's like in the medieval times.. accuse someone of being a witch usually caused them to get fired up..

As for the attitude.. I'm nothing extreme, I try to stay calm, kind and polite, playing by the forum rules..
So, it's usually a couple of members that normally get to hate me while the rest (plus mods/admins) to like me..lol

Btw, I experienced a huge drop in earnings with the low number of ads available.. so I think I'll just cashout now (~$7).
I was to wait and reach $10 but it seems that it will take a long time now as refs got a bit disappointed since yesterday.. Sad

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #103 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 4:24pm

Small update..
Having a small talk with the admin.. here.

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #104 - 7th Oct, 2013 at 4:46pm

Am sneaking in from the office lol

I saw admin doesn't really worry about advertisers .... I think it's a bit troubling to see the admin offering referrals for rent knowing very well that the members can only lose out from it with the amount of ads currently available and not caring about it.

I read your proposals, but if everyone buys micro ads like it seems to be the case now and might be even more so with adpackages, referring people to nerdbux or buying an upgrade is a waste of money as we don't earn when our refs click on those.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Send Topic Print