Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Send Topic Print
ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy (Read 195143 times)
zanderpm

I love being here!

Re: New PTC launched yesterday, focused on consistancy
Reply #45 - 27th May, 2013 at 4:03am

Spam has been taken care of.  Sorry it took so long, I was gone for most of the day.

I need to take care of this instability in pricing thing.  Any last thoughts before I dive in?

Also, I had to complain and be negative and stuff, but it really worries me that I'm not bringing in any money at all, (other than you guys of course) even with all of the great prices and sales and everything.  Is there anything else I can do to encourage people to spend money?

Oh, also, since we've been talking about marketing other affiliate sites through this site, none of my ads have turned a referral yet.  Any suggestions on programs that are more likely to convert for me?

And I really like the idea of this refban thing, but I don't have direct access to any code.  (I start banner campaigns the same way you do)  Might it still work for me?  And if not, are there any similar options that might work?  I like the guaranteed amount per day thing.  I've tried adhitz, and I made 3 cents over several days.
« Last Edit: 27th May, 2013 at 4:17am by zanderpm »  

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #46 - 27th May, 2013 at 1:33pm

SolidSnake wrote on 26th May, 2013 at 6:20pm:
BTW, the top10ptc camaign didn't go so well.. it got me only 4 refs.. that are not even active..
(One of them decided to spam the forum too.. Sad Please zanderpm take care of his post..)

I've just started a big campaign at getref.. hopefully it will go much better.
It's never let me down as a promoting option.

My text link will stay on their homepage for a month. Let's see how that goes..

Can't say my campaign at Adhitz is doing any bether either. Last time I used it for Cashclixs, I got a slow but steady amount of referrals. Nothing so far.
I wonder if it has to do to with the site image. I remember thinking Cashclixs was quite appealing with the green planet and sparky images thingies.
We're all visual creatures, so maybe the front page isn't calling enough attention.

By the way, what's with this announcement:
"Keep your eyes open for our referral contest! It'll take place throughout April, and will end in several valuable prizes, in addition to weekly prizes. More details later."

Planning for next year already? Grin

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #47 - 27th May, 2013 at 1:42pm

Well, regarding the instability issue I could suggest 3 ways. Since you've implemented the idea that both personal and referral clicks should pay the same (this minimizes your earnings but might give you happy members) I'll try to support it.

Option 1 (Best member earnings - Unfortunately this minimizes the upgrade probability..) :

(The gold pack costs $20)
Extended ads (60 seconds) could give $0.01 per click to both upgraded and standard members.
Also extended ads should give $0.01 per click per referral to both.

(The silver pack costs $10)
Standard ads (30 seconds) could give $0.005 per click to both upgraded and standard members.
Also extended ads should give $0.005 per referral click to both.

(The bronze pack costs $5)
Mini ads (15 seconds) could give $.001 per click to standard but $0.002 to upgraded members.
Also mini ads should give $0.001 per referral click to standard but $0.002 to upgraded members.
(This pack will be profitable to you because in every $5 sale you will earn at least $1 directly)

Option 2 (Balanced - Upgraded members get double earnings at Standard ads too)
Extended ads (60 seconds) could give $0.01 per click to both upgraded and standard members.
Also extended ads should give $0.01 per click per referral to both.

Standard ads (30 seconds) could give $0.0025(or $0.002) per click to standard members but $0.005 to upgraded members)
Also extended ads should give $0.0025(or $0.002) per referral click to standard but $0.005 per referral click to upgraded members.

Mini ads (15 seconds) could give $.001 per click to standard but $0.002 to upgraded members.
Also mini ads should give $0.001 per referral click to standard but $0.002 to upgraded members.

Option 3 (Not equal personal / referral clicks for standard members, only for upgraded members)

(The gold pack costs $20)
Also extended ads should give $0.005 per referral click to standard but $0.01 per referral click to upgraded members.

Standard ads (30 seconds) could give $0.005 per click to both upgraded and standard members.
Also extended ads should give $0.0025 per referral click to standard but $0.005 per referral click to upgraded members.

Either of these lists is 100% stable at your current rates.
You can play with the values as much as you want as long as you keep your total costs based on this equation :

Ad Cost >= (Maximum Personal Click Rate + Maximum Referral Click Rate) * 1000

etc. $20 >= ($0.01 per personal click + $0.01 per referral click) * 1000

Maximum means at the top case etc. to upgraded members.
« Last Edit: 27th May, 2013 at 2:02pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #48 - 27th May, 2013 at 5:58pm

Quote:
By the way, what's with this announcement:

Whoops.  Maybe 1:00 in the morning isn't the best time for me to be working on stuff like that.

Quote:
...I could suggest 3 ways...

It took me a while to work through this mentally, but once I got it worked out, I realized that option 3 is ingenious.  It allows for the possibility of 100% referral click rates, and still encourages users to upgrade.  It's even profitable with non-upgraded members!  I'm going to change that over right now.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #49 - 27th May, 2013 at 7:33pm

zanderpm wrote on 27th May, 2013 at 5:58pm:
Whoops.  Maybe 1:00 in the morning isn't the best time for me to be working on stuff like that.

It took me a while to work through this mentally, but once I got it worked out, I realized that option 3 is ingenious.  It allows for the possibility of 100% referral click rates, and still encourages users to upgrade.  It's even profitable with non-upgraded members!  I'm going to change that over right now.

However it's mostly against standard members with referrals. But never mind.
Usually promoters like to get upgraded too if it's worth it so I wouldn't mind.

Btw, you would probably need to take care of the upgrade table :

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #50 - 27th May, 2013 at 9:07pm

The table's a little weird.  I don't have direct access to it, it shows the rates that have been set for a standard click, which in this case is 30 seconds.  The prices in the advertise section should be correct.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #51 - 27th May, 2013 at 9:28pm

Well, then it is weird. Smiley
Maybe if you've settled down with every single rate you should create a table yourself and post it in the blogs section and then link to it from the homepage in order for everyone (members/advertisers) to know your rates because they are good.

Then maybe we should concentrate a bit on your site's looks.. It can certainly be improved a lot.
Tell me something.. what's that "X" icon your site has on the browsers title? Did you create it yourself?

Also let us know of the file types and sizes that buxhost allows us to use..
I remember StillSleeping being only able to use .jpg images or sth..

Please check it out and let us know. We might get some ideas and help you out.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #52 - 27th May, 2013 at 9:59pm

I'm working on the chart now.  I was just going to do it in Excel and take a screen shot, but it won't be very pretty.  Is there a better way to do it?

I really haven't done very much with the appearance, but there's not a lot I can do.  I get a choice between four standard layouts, all of which you've seen at there BuxHost sites.  I do have access to color schemes, which I think I should definitely play with.  It would really set me apart from other BuxHost sites, but I also want to be careful, because a color change would be really strong branding, and once I change it, I need to stick with it.

The little x near the title (I've heard it called a favicon?) came with the site.  I do have access to that, and it's another branding thing that I should definitely do, but I'm not exactly sure how.  A place wanted me to pay them to make one for me, but I don't want to spend money on it.  And I guess I could just make something, but I'm really not even sure where to start.

Quote:
Also let us know of the file types and sizes that buxhost allows us to use..

What files are you talking about?  Is this just for the favicon, or something else?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #53 - 28th May, 2013 at 2:51am

zanderpm wrote on 27th May, 2013 at 9:59pm:
I'm working on the chart now.  I was just going to do it in Excel and take a screen shot, but it won't be very pretty.  Is there a better way to do it?

Well, Excel could do a fine job if you work it out well. Make sure you do the whole sheet look well in the print preview
and then use the snipping tool to capture it and convert it to an appropriate image type. It would look clearer as a .png file.

Quote:
What files are you talking about?  Is this just for the favicon, or something else?

I mean the main header image of your site. The one that was black and white with a vertical reflection initially and is now blue with white text. It is an image that you can change and from what I think it should be a specific file type that buxhost allowes (probably .jpg image) and it should probably have a specific size limit either in dimensions or file size in bytes. Normally it should notify you of these when you try to upload a new image there.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #54 - 28th May, 2013 at 12:42pm

I know you're worried about your losses and all, but you really should consider increasing the number of sponsored ads right now.
You're not going to be able to atract a lot of advertisers if your member count is low, and as it stands there is little attractiveness for members to click on the site. I mean, there's 3/4 ads to click, which are worth less than 0.8 cent total. For free members it's half of that. Even if I try to bring people it, they don't want to click for such little amounts. That also scares away advertisers like me, since the amount earned from referrals is so low it might not compensate the costs of advertising.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #55 - 28th May, 2013 at 11:00pm

Well, I went ahead and possibly tried to inspire some people through the ConstantBux forum.
Maybe you'd like to back me up ruicarlov. Wink

I still believe an issue with the site is that people don't know the exceptional concept that it has and so they just think it's just another boring bux site.. We need to let them know.. Maybe a splash page indicating the 3 main combined packages could help with motivating visitors to work on it.

zanderpm please let us know once you have that table ready..

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #56 - 29th May, 2013 at 12:54am

Ok, sorry it took me son long, I actually lost access to the site for almost a day, so I've just now started taking care of the list of things I need to do.

The chart is completed.  It's not colorful, but it functions.

Edited:
Edit by SolidSnake : You need to use the direct link to an image to make it visible within the post. I fixed it for you.

It's not on the site yet, because I'm not sure where I can put it.  I'm waiting on support to tell me if it's even possible.

Quote:
let us know of the file types and sizes that buxhost allows us to use

The header has to be a .png, up to 900px x 120px.

Quote:
you really should consider increasing the number of sponsored ads right now

I've found a couple other PTCs I'm going to put up in a little while, and hope I can make most of my money back.  I'm just trying to find the right balance, because self sponsored ads, although necessary, are a move toward instability, since it's spending money that I'm not guaranteed to get back.

Quote:
Well, I went ahead and possibly tried to inspire some people through the ConstantBux forum.

Thanks for the support, I'm hoping that people will rally around that.  I was glad to see that your campaign was a success as well.  You've still got a few banner views left, and I went ahead and add a couple thousand more as a small thank you.

I agree that people probably don't really know what's going on.  There are so many PTCs to dig through that I think people stop paying attention after a while.  I do have the ability to upload an image to use as a landing page  (One giant button, leading to the home page)  Do you think that would work well?
« Last Edit: 29th May, 2013 at 1:24am by SolidSnake »  

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #57 - 29th May, 2013 at 1:49am

zanderpm wrote on 29th May, 2013 at 12:54am:
The chart is completed.  It's not colorful, but it functions.

Good job! I have an idea to optimize that based on your layout's colors.
I'll probably have that ready tomorrow as I don't have time to deal with it today.

Quote:
It's not on the site yet, because I'm not sure where I can put it.  I'm waiting on support to tell me if it's even possible.

If it doesn't allow you to put it anywhere maybe you could just put it in a blog post to be able to point to it with a link.

Quote:
The header has to be a .png, up to 900px x 120px.

That's good to know. Maybe now we can produce something more "flashy"...  Shocked

Quote:
I've found a couple other PTCs I'm going to put up in a little while, and hope I can make most of my money back. I'm just trying to find the right balance, because self sponsored ads, although necessary, are a move toward instability, since it's spending money that I'm not guaranteed to get back.

Well, I like the way you're thinking. Just consider self sponsored ads as an investment to your members activity for now. It will help your site grow faster. Or just like as an advertiser you would normally pay someone else to promote your PTC programs, you just do it on your own site and no matter what the campaign results will be you'll benefit from the activity of your members. So there are 2 ways to benefit from a single campaign.

Quote:
Thanks for the support, I'm hoping that people will rally around that. 

Well, I don't really expect them to rally around it.. but if only 3-4 do follow me it will be considered successful.. Smiley

Quote:
I was glad to see that your campaign was a success as well.  You've still got a few banner views left, and I went ahead and add a couple thousand more as a small thank you.

Thanks for that, actually the top10ptc campaign can't be called a success compared to previous results on other PTCs.. usually a day of advertising there would normally get me more than 30 refs.. Smiley But there are many factors to consider so it doesn't matter much.

Quote:
I agree that people probably don't really know what's going on.  There are so many PTCs to dig through that I think people stop paying attention after a while.  I do have the ability to upload an image to use as a landing page  (One giant button, leading to the home page)  Do you think that would work well?

A splash page would be a good move either way. I think maybe we should even have 2 splash pages :
One to target advertisers and one to target clickers, but we could possibly use one for both.

We'll work on that.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #58 - 29th May, 2013 at 8:27am

Quote:
I have an idea to optimize that based on your layout's colors.

That's awesome!  But don't forget that the colors are just the the generic stuff that comes with the site.  Would it still work if we brand the site with some different colors?

Quote:
If it doesn't allow you to put it anywhere maybe you could just put it in a blog post to be able to point to it with a link.

You mean a blog post somewhere else?  As far as I know, neither the built in blog nor the forum will allow me to post images.

Quote:
Maybe now we can produce something more "flashy"...

That would probably be great.  Here's something I've been thinking about though.  A whole lot of different sites have the same overly flashy feel, and I'm pretty sure I I go in the same direction, I'm going to fall into the same, almost scammy category really fast.  Being eye catching would be great, but I don't want to fall into the crowd.

Quote:
A splash page would be a good move either way.

A splash page would probably be cool.  I don't know whether or not it would be technically possible to do two different pages, but having something would help with the branding thing, since the first thing people see would be different from the same pages everybody sees every time they go to a BuxHost site.  It would also allow for much more customization.  The only thing is, I don't know anything at all about how to create something like that.

I put one PTC in my ads and am waiting on another.  (hoping to get an ad exchange in the meantime)  Probably more will come after that.  Have you been looking at anything recently that you think would convert well for me?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #59 - 29th May, 2013 at 11:29am

Well, I've worked on your menu's colors and created a couple of headers for your site.
Feel free to pick any of them (or not pick any of them.. that'll be ok too.. Tongue)

http://www.ptcbox.me/images/cstm/header.php

These prototypes could be used to create the standard 468x60 banners too..
I tried several font families but I felt more comfortable with these ones.
(These are the ones that seemed more professional too..)

The first one is prototype and single.
The rest come to groups of 3 (I used 3 different font types) and you can spot the main differences.

The colors of your menu (that I based my designs on) are these :

Background Colors :

Bright Blue : 7C8FAF
Dark Blue : 5C739C

Text Colors :

Bright White : FFFFFF
Silver White : CCCCCC

Edited:
Small  Smiley question :
By the way, that music reviewing site that you're promoting.. has it paid you so far?
« Last Edit: 29th May, 2013 at 11:44am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Send Topic Print