Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Send Topic Print
ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy (Read 195659 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: New PTC launched yesterday, focused on consistancy
Reply #75 - 31st May, 2013 at 7:35pm

I think it would be better if you just offer prizes that are free to you. So, anything besides PTC ads.
You can offer referrals, banner advertising, memberships etc. it's better to avoid costs if you can't afford them.

Most of the cases a member would be happy if you just offer him upgraded membership and/or bonus rented referrals and its actually profitable for you too. If a member receives good rented referrals, he would probably be wiling to pay to keep them. The same goes to the membership upgrades.. if a member realizes that it's really earning him much more than standard then he will probably be closer to invest on upgrading..

It's always wise not to put extra costs to yourself if you can't even afford your current ones..

You need to keep your site up and running and that's not gonna be easy, as it will not always cover the bills itself while it's still small. However if it grows enough it will not only cover the costs but it will also generate profits for you, but you need to make it through until then.

Quote:
I advertised Amazbux and PTCBux at 500 views a piece.  With $15 dollars worth of advertising, it seems like I would get more than one referral, who's not even active.  Is there something I don't know?

Well, since the site is still new there are not many potential referrals here since the same people click the same link many times.
There are many factors also included.. maybe your members act like me when they notice a new PTC.. doing research on it before joining. And from my research they weren't worth the trouble. Sad Maybe it's just that they were not attracted by the design, or the rates, or anything. Maybe because they are new programs and they don't trust them.

We cannot judge when someone will join a site he visits or not.. it's practically impossible..  Smiley

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #76 - 31st May, 2013 at 8:01pm

Ok, I just completely changed the prize structure.  You're probably right about me over reaching a little.  I think I was trying to offer high value prizes, and figured I needed ads anyway, but going too far is probably a bad idea.  Thanks for the tip.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #77 - 31st May, 2013 at 8:25pm

zanderpm wrote on 31st May, 2013 at 8:01pm:
Ok, I just completely changed the prize structure.  You're probably right about me over reaching a little.  I think I was trying to offer high value prizes, and figured I needed ads anyway, but going too far is probably a bad idea.  Thanks for the tip.

Glad to help! Smiley
Remember I'd love to see your site growing stronger, we're a group of fighters in this industry and we need to win every now and then..   Smiley

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #78 - 31st May, 2013 at 8:58pm

I'm good with a win.  I'm hoping this referrals contest is going to help it grow a lot.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #79 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 3:45am

zanderpm wrote on 31st May, 2013 at 6:48pm:
I advertised Amazbux and PTCBux at 500 views a piece.  With $15 dollars worth of advertising, it seems like I would get more than one referral, who's not even active.  Is there something I don't know?

For $16 you could have bought 10,000 micro clicks at clixsense. You probably would have received between 10 and 20 signups and maybe 25%(a normal number) of them active

For the same $16 you could have received 20,000 micro/Aprize views at neobux with maybe over 20 referrals signing up

these are the two biggest sites in the PTC industry and you should focus on them not only for their advertising but also because anybody you bring from those sites will also advertise on those sites once they join

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #80 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 7:00am

I'd also strongly recommend that you put a small permanent banner or text ad for both clixsense and neobux on your front page. Those two are big consistent payers that will build you extra income. Those incomes you can use to advertise your site or pay expenses

David

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #81 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 9:05am

Yea, I took down my Neobux ad because I figured everybody who was going to sign up had already.  But it doesn't hurt anything, so I put it back into circulation.  Probably more later.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #82 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 1:32pm

SolidSnake wrote on 31st May, 2013 at 7:35pm:
If a member receives good rented referrals, he would probably be wiling to pay to keep them.

While that may become true in the future, right now it's close to impossible. I probably won't renew any of my rented referrals, because even the best referrals don't cover the costs of their renting.
I realize it may not be a good idea to lower the prices and increase them again later on when the site's bigger, but right now nobody in will want to rent referrals with the current number of ads available. You'll need to gather more ads first, otherwise members will just lose money with them.

So yeah, free rented referrals are an interesting prize if they're for free, but the chances of members wanting to keep them are pretty low.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #83 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 1:53pm

ruicarlov wrote on 1st Jun, 2013 at 1:32pm:
While that may become true in the future, right now it's close to impossible. I probably won't renew any of my rented referrals, because even the best referrals don't cover the costs of their renting.
I realize it may not be a good idea to lower the prices and increase them again later on when the site's bigger, but right now nobody in will want to rent referrals with the current number of ads available. You'll need to gather more ads first, otherwise members will just lose money with them.

So yeah, free rented referrals are an interesting prize if they're for free, but the chances of members wanting to keep them are pretty low.

Well that is also true.. My best referrals have done 31 clicks in a week earning me ~$0.09 so in about a month at the best case they will have earned me $0.38. So renting them at $0.35 and renewing them at $0.30 is kinda high.. I think it should be $0.25 and $0.20 accordingly to make it attractive.. Since the site has nothing to lose on rented referrals I think it would be ok.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #84 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 2:50pm

moneymarketing wrote on 1st Jun, 2013 at 7:00am:
I'd also strongly recommend that you put a small permanent banner or text ad for both clixsense and neobux on your front page. Those two are big consistent payers that will build you extra income. Those incomes you can use to advertise your site or pay expenses

On the other hand, it could also discourage the advertiser or upgraded member from promoting it in the program.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #85 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 4:40pm

dansbanners wrote on 1st Jun, 2013 at 2:50pm:
On the other hand, it could also discourage the advertiser or upgraded member from promoting it in the program.

If it was a PTC ad, then sure, it would.
As far as text ads and banner ads, I think advertisers are a bit more tolerant about those, since they are not so much 'in your face' as PTC ads. At least people don't notice so much that those ads are being sponsored.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #86 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 9:51pm

zanderpm wrote on 1st Jun, 2013 at 9:05am:
Yea, I took down my Neobux ad because I figured everybody who was going to sign up had already.  But it doesn't hurt anything, so I put it back into circulation.  Probably more later.

If you are constantly getting a flow of new users then that is not necessarily the case.

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #87 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 9:58pm

dansbanners wrote on 1st Jun, 2013 at 2:50pm:

It could but he would be going for the person who might not necessarily sign up on the front page. He would be wanting to snag those in order to lower program costs. In the future, as the site generates more income internally, he could remove those ads for the benefit of his members.

At this point it is all about survival, income generation and income to generate advertising for his site

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #88 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 10:00pm

zanderpm wrote on 1st Jun, 2013 at 9:05am:

Just remember, there are more people turning 18 this year than in the entire MLM industry combined. You will never run out of new people

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #89 - 1st Jun, 2013 at 10:33pm

BTW, if you ever get into trouble and can't pay your members, PLEASE TELL THEM. I'll bet they will come up with solutions out of your trouble. We have had so many problems with owners cutting and running when they got into trouble. If they would have just sat down with members and explained the mess they were in I'm sure they could have worked out a solution. Many people would trade what was owed for free advertising etc. but in most cases, they just wanted to preserve the huge referral bases they had built. That is what is most valuable to the big promoters.

So, if you ever get into trouble, I hope you consider that option. You will win huge respect in the community if you do

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Send Topic Print