Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com Officially Launched! (Read 124097 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: RefBan.com Officially Launched!
Reply #75 - 20th May, 2013 at 7:09pm

Hey guys, we have an update on the RefBan project. I contacted their support to ask about this :

Question :
Quote:
Hello, my account is upgraded to advertiser. I have a Tier 1 active referral. I have no Tier 2 active referrals. So, my Tier 1 referral must have purchased advertising in order to become active (since he has not referred another active member to the site) but I have received no commission for that sale.

Please investigate my case and let me know what happened.
Thanks in advance!

Their reply :
Quote:
Hi SolidSnake,

Thanks for your message.

According to your stats, you have one referral that has shown banners
and referred another user. We've recently started relaxing the criteria
to just a user, not an active user, so it's most likely that.

In future, shortly after the server move, the active criteria will be...

a) Has referred other active users

OR

b) Has shown banners

OR

c) Has advertised

Regards,

Richard Sturdy.
Referral Banners.
http://refban.com

So, the $0.02/$0.01 bonus per active referral will be easier to achieve from now on.

IP Logged

utahman1971
Recruit Member

I love being here!

USA-Utah
Reply #76 - 26th May, 2013 at 6:08am

SolidSnake wrote on 20th May, 2013 at 7:09pm:
Hey guys, we have an update on the RefBan project. I contacted their support to ask about this :

Question :

Their reply :

So, the $0.02/$0.01 bonus per active referral will be easier to achieve from now on.

That is cool. I still wish I had referrals, but no matter what I do, I get none. Sad

Check out a great blog Nicer Blog
IP Logged

utahman1971
Recruit Member

I love being here!

USA-Utah
Reply #77 - 29th May, 2013 at 9:31pm

I am taking RefBan off my site. They keep making my site load very slow and not showing. Exact same thing that I posted when I joined this forum about them is going on still. I moved back to Adhitz. At least they keep their ads reliable.

I will wait until RefBan matures their ads, then try them again.

Edited:
How can I get referrals to RefBan if they don't keep their ads showing? I tried social networks. I tried referral link. Referrals are not that easy to get, and since that Aditz don't do referrals. It won't make any difference.
« Last Edit: 29th May, 2013 at 10:26pm by utahman1971 »  

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #78 - 30th May, 2013 at 12:03am

utahman1971 wrote on 29th May, 2013 at 9:31pm:
I am taking RefBan off my site. They keep making my site load very slow and not showing. Exact same thing that I posted when I joined this forum about them is going on still. I moved back to Adhitz. At least they keep their ads reliable.

I will wait until RefBan matures their ads, then try them again.

I'd say they work fine for me now.. They lagged throughout the day but I think it's because they've been doing stuff on their code again. I've been monitoring it and it's been working fine during the previous days. I display their ads on 2 or 3 of my sites now. Etc. my home page www.ptcbox.me

Quote:
Edited:
How can I get referrals to RefBan if they don't keep their ads showing? I tried social networks. I tried referral link. Referrals are not that easy to get, and since that Aditz don't do referrals. It won't make any difference.

I've got 20 direct referrals, though most of them during the final days before launch and unfortunately they're mostly inactive.
Now it's kinda matured at the places I usually promote but I'm currently promoting other programs as well so I paused it for a while to see how the rest of the team does. I still haven't used my 50.000 impressions I've got when I purchased my pack to become advertiser.

IP Logged

utahman1971
Recruit Member

I love being here!

USA-Utah
Reply #79 - 14th Jun, 2013 at 3:31am

I put them back on, but since I am not making any money as of yet. I can't pay for advertising. I have to worry more about getting traffic to site first with targeted traffic, then I have to save the money for the hosting and getting domain transferred, because I can have the domain free with the plan I am using, if I keep using it. So traffic is my main worry now.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #80 - 14th Jun, 2013 at 10:00am

utahman1971 wrote on 14th Jun, 2013 at 3:31am:
I put them back on, but since I am not making any money as of yet. I can't pay for advertising. I have to worry more about getting traffic to site first with targeted traffic, then I have to save the money for the hosting and getting domain transferred, because I can have the domain free with the plan I am using, if I keep using it. So traffic is my main worry now.

Well, my guide on free traffic might actually prove useful to you..
Since your site has a lot of content and you update it often google could really help you with targeted traffic.
And also since your site is not about making money online, you could always have a sub-domain or a dedicated section
there about it.. something like a sponsors section where you could put articles on "make money online" sites etc.

By the way, are you a member in other PTCs?

I need some new for advertising purposes so if you can help, please suggest any at this thread.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #81 - 21st Jun, 2013 at 1:05am

Is it $0.05 per day per domain? In another word, could you have the refban banner in two different domains and earn $0.05 each, earning $0.10 daily from it?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #82 - 21st Jun, 2013 at 9:54am

I'm afraid not. It's just $0.05 ($0.10 for advertisers) per account. It doesn't matter if you display banners on 1 website or 10 different websites. Anyway, otherwise it wouldn't be stable and would kill the site.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #83 - 21st Jun, 2013 at 3:39pm

SolidSnake wrote on 21st Jun, 2013 at 9:54am:
I'm afraid not. It's just $0.05 ($0.10 for advertisers) per account. It doesn't matter if you display banners on 1 website or 10 different websites. Anyway, otherwise it wouldn't be stable and would kill the site.

Is that just an assumption? Have you tried it? Don't forget per domain is not the same as per page. I could see needing to draw the line somewhere with per page. But I don't see why one can't be added to each domain?

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #84 - 21st Jun, 2013 at 4:12pm

It really looks like more sites don't earn more. At least directly.
In the guide page:

"Even if you don't have many visitors, you'll still earn the base rate for every day that you display banners. If you generate more genuine impressions with a busier site, or multiple sites, you'll refer more members and will earn more. This makes our system fair for everyone."

So the benefit of having multiple sites with banners is only to refer more members.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #85 - 21st Jun, 2013 at 5:57pm

dansbanners wrote on 21st Jun, 2013 at 3:39pm:
Is that just an assumption? Have you tried it?

No it's not.. and actually yes I've tested it, I'm displaying my banner space on more than 1 different sites of mine but the rate is still the same.
That's why I offered to host a banner for someone else on one of my sites if they don't have one themselves..
so that they get a fair chance too. Etc, I host ruicarlov's banners on a blog of mine.

@ruicarlov - By the way, how many impressions have your received so far there? Check the publish page on refban and let me know.

Edited:
Note: I'll be kind of away for the weekend so I won't be as active as normal. But I'll get online at least once per day.
« Last Edit: 21st Jun, 2013 at 6:05pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #86 - 29th Jun, 2013 at 2:43pm

I now currently have 3 active members in my downline.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #87 - 29th Jun, 2013 at 4:07pm

dansbanners wrote on 29th Jun, 2013 at 2:43pm:
I now currently have 3 active members in my downline.

Yep, and here's a complete overview on our RefBan downline :

It has been pretty easy for me to get refs for refban but the overall activity of them is pretty low.
However it has cost me close to nothing (~$5) to get them so it's still fine..

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #88 - 8th Jul, 2013 at 1:19pm

It's now 4 active referrals for me.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #89 - 8th Jul, 2013 at 10:12pm

Does it have to be 2 sales within a time span? Like within a year or something? Or it could be anytime?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print