Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com Officially Launched! (Read 123586 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: RefBan.com Officially Launched!
Reply #150 - 2nd Nov, 2013 at 2:44am

SolidSnake wrote on 2nd Nov, 2013 at 2:18am:
You got me by seconds..
Should we "explain" our feelings to them through a support ticket requesting a refund?

You can if you want. I doubt they'll listen.

Just when I was starting to warm up to this company again they pull a stunt like this

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #151 - 2nd Nov, 2013 at 3:30am

SolidSnake wrote on 2nd Nov, 2013 at 2:15am:
New massively terrible update from refban..

Ok, now that was a real back stabbing move from rogue group..
Are they serious? At least when you mess up be honest..don't point the finger to us..
They removed the 10 levels of downline because it made the system complicated?  Smiley

i can just imagine the emails:

Please take away these awful ten extra levels of earnings for me. I am much better off earning on fewer levels. This is way too confusing for me as it stands. How does getting paid on ten levels work?

Roll Eyes

Smiley

David

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #152 - 2nd Nov, 2013 at 5:53am

Censored Grrrr... I had 7000+ referrals through 10 levels. I was thinking about buying advertising. (I would have done it very earlier, unless my Paypal limited me from spending.)

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #153 - 2nd Nov, 2013 at 9:41am

venkat wrote on 2nd Nov, 2013 at 5:53am:
Censored Grrrr... I had 7000+ referrals through 10 levels. I was thinking about buying advertising. (I would have done it very earlier, unless my Paypal limited me from spending.)

WHOA! I feel for you buddy!  Smiley

This is outrageous. And sites wonder why the majority of people don't 'invest' in them when they do stuff like this

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #154 - 2nd Nov, 2013 at 4:02pm

Sorry to hear about it. I learned from experience that it's tough to do well with a program whereas when it comes down to it, you'll only benefit when your referral makes a purchase. IMHO.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #155 - 2nd Nov, 2013 at 6:06pm

Even before these changes, I decided I was going to get my space worth more with BoB, earning impressions with each page view as opposed to Refban, whereas you only get to benefit specifically if they click on the banner, then join and then make a purchase, etc.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #156 - 2nd Nov, 2013 at 6:15pm

dansbanners wrote on 2nd Nov, 2013 at 4:02pm:
Sorry to hear about it. I learned from experience that it's tough to do well with a program whereas when it comes down to it, you'll only benefit when your referral makes a purchase. IMHO.      

And now, the only people that the program considers valuable are advertisers and publishers. Those of us who go out and find affiliates are cast aside yet that is about 90% of the people in internet marketing. How many people publish webpages? Not a lot

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #157 - 2nd Nov, 2013 at 7:06pm

I'm late to the party. Looks like is was a blast  Smiley
I'm not TOO badly affected since I haven't that big of a downline in the lower levels (100-something). I can only imagine the guys above me...

....7000.... woot.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #158 - 3rd Nov, 2013 at 1:32pm

moneymarketing wrote on 2nd Nov, 2013 at 6:15pm:
And now, the only people that the program considers valuable are advertisers and publishers. Those of us who go out and find affiliates are cast aside yet that is about 90% of the people in internet marketing. How many people publish webpages? Not a lot

It becomes like a paid membership only program and we know from experience they're harder to succeed.

I also wasn't sold on having the refban banner in my site. Cause it did seem at times affected the page loading and all.

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #159 - 4th Nov, 2013 at 5:03am

I noticed another thing recently.

I am not getting the 5 cents that I used to earn for displaying banners. My blog is getting around 10 visitors everyday as usual.

What I guess is, they've set a minimum number of display for crediting the 5 / 10 cents. (Or may be it's relaxed for advertisers.)

Edited:
Adding fuel to the fire:
I just noticed that I have 9500+ referrals as of today. But, what's the use?
« Last Edit: 4th Nov, 2013 at 8:34am by venkat »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #160 - 4th Nov, 2013 at 1:54pm

dansbanners wrote on 2nd Nov, 2013 at 6:06pm:
Even before these changes, I decided I was going to get my space worth more with BoB, earning impressions with each page view as opposed to Refban, whereas you only get to benefit specifically if they click on the banner, then join and then make a purchase, etc.

Actually you don't even benefit from clicks on the banner.. unless of course the ad displayed at that specific moment is yours.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #161 - 4th Nov, 2013 at 2:57pm

SolidSnake wrote on 4th Nov, 2013 at 1:54pm:
Actually you don't even benefit from clicks on the banner.. unless of course the ad displayed at that specific moment is yours.

Yes. In another word, what's good is the banner if one just looks at it and not click on it.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #162 - 4th Nov, 2013 at 2:58pm

I'm also kinda thinking that if the people I work with (i.e. X-PTCBox forum members) are down on the program, who am I going to work with? Thus probably increasing my chance of putting this program on the wayside.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #163 - 4th Nov, 2013 at 3:44pm

Since I'm still pro for more than a year, and I have rented referrals, I'm going to stick around to see how things develop.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #164 - 4th Nov, 2013 at 6:26pm

dansbanners wrote on 4th Nov, 2013 at 2:58pm:
I'm also kinda thinking that if the people I work with (i.e. X-PTCBox forum members) are down on the program, who am I going to work with? Thus probably increasing my chance of putting this program on the wayside.

Well, he pulled the old bait and switch with me so I'm stuck with my upgrade for a year also. I won't quit at this point. Maybe member backlash will be enough to change his mind.

I'm wondering if the complications he was talking about was how commissions are paid due to the rented referrals? Would that really be that difficult to program?

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print