Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com Officially Launched! (Read 123588 times)
dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Re: RefBan.com Officially Launched!
Reply #30 - 5th May, 2013 at 4:54pm

moneymarketing wrote on 5th May, 2013 at 4:42pm:
That said, this site is clearly looking like it is geared towards advertisers and publishers. Affiliate marketers need not apply in other words. That cuts down our potential referrals and thus our potential income

Not necessary. First, it could be geared towards the big name marketers. Cause they're the ones that are willing to pay for advertising. And there were times, that of some of the programs' dilemma was that they had too many free members. So it could work both ways.

Besides, we could also do some team work in here in the forum whereas in order for us to cash out, two of our downline members could purchase some advertising and we could then reimburse them for what they paid for, thus a win-win situation for everyone. 

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #31 - 5th May, 2013 at 4:57pm

venkat wrote on 3rd May, 2013 at 10:09am:
Wow... I have $35.68 in my cash balance already..

But without buying advertising myself, I'm not sure I would actually get it. :|

Did you join Refban through the X-PTCBox forum's downline builder?

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #32 - 5th May, 2013 at 5:03pm

moneymarketing wrote on 5th May, 2013 at 4:42pm:
But how much information on the page do you need besides the banner. I could easily put up a page with the banner only. I'm pretty sure they would not want that.

This is why I suggested the splash page (or something a bit longer that promotes the Refban opportunity and shows their banner as an example) as a solution. That provides
a page that has some substance and also gives us something to market to others.

We could also make up mini pages of our best income opportunities with the refban page prominently displayed.

Yes, and the click ratio might also be better on a splash page. Sometime it could also be distracting if a page has too many ads, banners and texts in it, etc. 

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #33 - 5th May, 2013 at 7:19pm

Small update :

Quote:
> Buy Impressions

In development.

This will be completed by May 10th.

Regarding where the banner space is located I really feel it's not important.. and it should not be placed at an important
section of our sites. Since we don't get anything more if it gets clicked or not we just have to have it visible somewhere
on our sites. This is what I've been trying to explain since the beginning..

As long as it's visible we'll get $0.05 or $0.10 according to our account type..
It won't change anything if it gets seen or clicked by 5 people a day or 50.000 people a day.
We won't get anything more or anything less so it's really not our problem, it's not
our job to generate leads for the site advertised there, it's RefBan's job..

We don't get referrals by that banner space.. at least we won't once the advertise page is complete.
In order to get refs we should advertise our ref link using the tools provided in this page.
However it's still in development too.. and they removed the banner we've been using so far.

Edited:
Maybe I should clarify the term "banner space" that I use here :

Banner Space : the code generated in this page that we offer to RefBan in order for them to display the banner ads that they sell to their members.. etc. it could be a member advertising his neobux banner/ref link there.. It works just like AdHitz and AdSense.. for publishers, only we do NOT get paid everytime someone clicks on the banner through our site. The difference with RefBan is that our earned amount is fixed.
« Last Edit: 5th May, 2013 at 7:28pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #34 - 5th May, 2013 at 7:55pm

SolidSnake wrote on 5th May, 2013 at 7:19pm:
Small update :

Regarding where the banner space is located I really feel it's not important.. and it should not be placed at an important
section of our sites. Since we don't get anything more if it gets clicked or not we just have to have it visible somewhere
on our sites. This is what I've been trying to explain since the beginning..

As long as it's visible we'll get $0.05 or $0.10 according to our account type..
It won't change anything if it gets seen or clicked by 5 people a day or 50.000 people a day.
We won't get anything more or anything less so it's really not our problem, it's not
our job to generate leads for the site advertised there, it's RefBan's job..

We don't get referrals by that banner space.. at least we won't once the advertise page is complete.
In order to get refs we should advertise our ref link using the tools provided in this page.
However it's still in development too.. and they removed the banner we've been using so far.

Edited:
Maybe I should clarify the term "banner space" that I use here :

Banner Space : the code generated in this page that we offer to RefBan in order for them to display the banner ads that they sell to their members.. etc. it could be a member advertising his neobux banner/ref link there.. It works just like AdHitz and AdSense.. for publishers, only we do NOT get paid everytime someone clicks on the banner through our site. The difference with RefBan is that our earned amount is fixed.

This is a philosophy I've always disagreed with in marketing (I hope I'm not about to step on your toes but I feel it needs to be said). As marketers, our first obligation is to our customer. The reason for this is if we are offering them something that doesn't pay off for them, they will soon look for something better that does.

We need to be focused on giving our advertisers banner space that sells their opportunity. It may not be in prime real estate (defined as the space a surfer sees the instant they land on your page) but it should also not be buried at the bottom of a 200,000 word  script if we are being honest.

There is nothing more frustrating to me as a banner advertiser than going to a web page and seeing my banner displayed at the bottom of a page. That tells me the guy is not very interested in my business and only wants to give my views to the few people who bother to read through everything he is selling before he is willing to tell them who is paying for all that

I hope I am not offending but that is just the way I see it. If you are going to sell banner space and want to take money for selling banner space then respect the guy that is putting food on your table

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #35 - 5th May, 2013 at 8:04pm

dansbanners wrote on 5th May, 2013 at 4:54pm:
Not necessary. First, it could be geared towards the big name marketers. Cause they're the ones that are willing to pay for advertising. And there were times, that of some of the programs' dilemma was that they had too many free members. So it could work both ways.

Besides, we could also do some team work in here in the forum whereas in order for us to cash out, two of our downline members could purchase some advertising and we could then reimburse them for what they paid for, thus a win-win situation for everyone. 

I think the reason they required two sales is because they didn't want a situation where someone could find a friend and have them join and do what you say in order to cash out their commissions.

That is just what I read into it. If this is the case then they are working hard to make sure they shut people out of the income stream. It is legalities like those that cause me to lose respect for affiliate sites. Marketers aren't stupid. They see when sites do things like that and it discourages participation. Making hoops to jump through is not a goodwill move.

I would be happier if they made no hoops to jump through and lower commissions than what they are doing but then it would be hard for them to bring in all the marketers wouldn't it? It is much easier for them to offer huge commissions and then take them all back with little tricks and legal loopholes hoping that no one will read the fine print

OK! Rant for the day is done  Smiley

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #36 - 5th May, 2013 at 8:09pm

Here is an idea:

We could copy the sales script for refban onto a splash page and then put the refban banner code on top of that. Then we could show that page in traffic exchanges and PTC sites

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #37 - 5th May, 2013 at 8:20pm

Maybe something like a squidoo page

The thing is, it should have a lead capture on it so we could continue to market to them

As a matter of fact, maybe we should talk to the admin of refban to build something like this. This would be a ready made page for marketers who don't have their own page. It solves a number of problems.

It prominently displays the site's banners, that would increase the click through ratio which would satisfy advertisers

They could put a lead capture on it which will increase signup conversions

and it would broaden the number of people that could promote their product. You would bring in people who don't have the skills or desire to build a webpage. Suddenly, all those people would be using their ad credits to promote

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #38 - 5th May, 2013 at 8:35pm

It's ok, I'm not offended and obviously my refban banner space is at the top of my homepage.. Tongue
It's a good location for that purpose as targeted visitors of my site that find me through google will mainly be pointed there.

The advertiser that buys banner impressions through refban is not practically my own customer and I'm at no way
responsible for his own satisfaction. In this case Refban is my customer and the one that I have to satisfy..

Of course I'll get my share if I'm the one pointing him at refban.. and it's my benefit included if he's satisfied so that
I get more shares from his purchases as well.., but refban is the one responsible to check the banner spaces that
we publishers offer to them, and it's up to them to pick the most appropriate places, on compatible sites based
on each site's content. If the content is related to the advertiser's marketing section then he'll most likely get his leads.

But nevertheless it is my priority to point more paid traffic to my refban referral link than to the page where my refban
space lies.. I hope I'm not misunderstood.. Smiley
« Last Edit: 5th May, 2013 at 8:44pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #39 - 6th May, 2013 at 12:14am

moneymarketing wrote on 5th May, 2013 at 8:04pm:
I think the reason they required two sales is because they didn't want a situation where someone could find a friend and have them join and do what you say in order to cash out their commissions.

That is just what I read into it. If this is the case then they are working hard to make sure they shut people out of the income stream. It is legalities like those that cause me to lose respect for affiliate sites. Marketers aren't stupid. They see when sites do things like that and it discourages participation. Making hoops to jump through is not a goodwill move.

I would be happier if they made no hoops to jump through and lower commissions than what they are doing but then it would be hard for them to bring in all the marketers wouldn't it? It is much easier for them to offer huge commissions and then take them all back with little tricks and legal loopholes hoping that no one will read the fine print

OK! Rant for the day is done  Smiley

It's also a question of since we can't change it, we might as well make the most of it mentally as in "we can" or "we will succeed" vs a "we can't" or "we won't".
Wink

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #40 - 6th May, 2013 at 12:19am

Yes, I agree. I think if we can we should try to place the refban banner on top of the page, where it's visible and all. Otherwise, they may check the stats and see if there's too many placed at parts of the page where it's less visible, it could make them more stringent and we wouldn't want that.  Wink
« Last Edit: 6th May, 2013 at 2:32pm by dansbanners »  

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #41 - 7th May, 2013 at 5:22pm

(Thankfully, I'm finally back online through a stable connection.. Smiley)

Another thing I forgot to mention about the "banner space" is that it's connected to our account and we all get different codes.
So each member needs to place his space on a separate page. However we can have a common splash page to refer people to refban. I've opened a new thread at the co-op section of the forum so we can discuss such an advertising plan there as this thread here is mostly about details on how the site works and discussion on them.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #42 - 7th May, 2013 at 11:02pm

By the way, I've figured out another clue regarding refban..
As we already know, in order for someone to become active, he must fulfill one of these two requirements :

A) Display banners on his website AND refer another ACTIVE referral to refban.com.
B) Purchase banner advertising on refban.com

So if in a downline of let's say 10 people (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J) everyone has already generated
and entered the banner space code on their sites, it only takes J to purchase advertising
and then everyone in the team becomes automatically active.. Smiley

J becomes active due to the second condition (purchasing)
I becomes active for displaying banners and having referred an ACTIVE member to the site (J).
H becomes active for displaying banners and having referred an ACTIVE member to the site (I).
G becomes active for the same reason... etc for everyone else up to A.

ACTIVE means that all members in the member's upline will get $0.02.

So just by this A will get 9 x $0.02 = $0.18
B will get 8 x $0.02 = $0.16
C will get 6 x $0.02 = $0.12..
H will get 2 x $0.02 = $0.04 and
I will get 1 x $0.02 + commission from J's purchase..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #43 - 10th May, 2013 at 10:04pm

RefBan is kinda down at the moment..  Undecided

Quote:
Error connecting to the database (1040)

Can anyone else connect?