Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com Details (Pre-Launch Posts) (Read 87371 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: RefBan's Payout??
Reply #45 - 18th Feb, 2013 at 12:36pm

venkat wrote on 18th Feb, 2013 at 6:05am:
I didn't go deep into the calculations yet, but where is the info that says $0.02 per day from referrals. I thought it was one time bonus.

I interpret "base rate of $0.10 per day, but with enough active referrals this will increase to (and beyond) $1.00 per day" as 30% from the base rate of our referrals.This may be either $0.015 or $0.03.

My concern is this:
Without a CPM rate, I wonder how this can be sustainable? (Or is there any CPM rate for publisher and did I miss it? I saw CPM rate for advertisers, but I haven't found CPM rate for publishers.)

They state it here venkat. And they state "per day" very clearly.
It's fishy that even though I asked them twice about it they seemed to be avoiding the question and didn't give a clear answer :

(My 1st Attempt)
Quote:
Question : The $0.01 / $0.02 that members / advertisers earn by their active referrals are one-time earnings or daily? So in the first case the maximum I can earn from my referral's activity besides generating sales is $0.02 if I'm advertiser and only if they fulfil one of the two requirements discussed in my question 3? Please clarify this point.

Answer : Please login and click 'Guide > Increasing Earnings' for details.

(My 2nd Attempt)
Quote:
Question : Let's say that I'm an advertiser and I refer a member that is considered active today (displays banners and refers 1 person to refban).
Ok, I earn $0.02 for his activity. But is this only for today? I mean, if tomorrow he keeps on displaying banners on his site normally,
will I be credited another $0.02 or not?

Answer : Yes, you would only earn the $0.02 once for that active referral.
However, the more active referrals you have on multiple levels, then you will earn up to (and above) $0.20 each time.
(?!?!?)

Smiley both times my question was formed this way so it can be answered with a simple "Yes" or "No" but they bypassed it.
I think I'll research it a bit in their wordlinx forum to get more info on this point.. we can't be the only ones wondering..

As for the "daily impressions on your site not mattering" and that we'll get paid $0.10 / day regardless of the amount, it does seem very unsustainable. At least they should put some minimum impression limits..
« Last Edit: 18th Feb, 2013 at 1:19pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #46 - 18th Feb, 2013 at 1:41pm

Yet, I don't find the $0.02 per day. (The $0.02 per active referrals looks like a single line statement. And the phrase 'per day' is present in another single line statement.)

But I agree that it gives an impression that we earn $0.02 per active referral per day.

EDIT: On their compare page, it looks like the $0.02 is per day.

Hmm.. why do they make it so complicate?  Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #47 - 18th Feb, 2013 at 1:48pm

venkat wrote on 18th Feb, 2013 at 1:41pm:
Hmm.. why do they make it so complicate?  Smiley

Exactly what I also don't understand!  Smiley
Btw, something Smiley.. when you edit a post of yours you don't need to type EDIT yourself.
Just mark your new content and click the edit button : ...

Edited:
It will cause your new text to appear like this.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #48 - 18th Feb, 2013 at 9:01pm

I've just visited RefBan and noticed this.. :

Quote:
Site migration currently in progress.

Please allow 24 hours for DNS to update.

So it looks like it's finally happening.. Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #49 - 22nd Feb, 2013 at 12:13am

Site migration is complete.. but no launch yet.
However regarding users from India and PayPal I just noticed this on their F.A.Q. :

Quote:
Q. How can I pay / get paid via Payza?

A. We're based in the UK and unfortunately Payza no longer support UK-based users, so we can't accept or send payments via that processor. We'll be adding other processors like Liberty Reserve, Perfect Money and Neteller for non-PayPal countries after launch.

So it seems that there will be a couple of alternatives for you.

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #50 - 22nd Feb, 2013 at 6:15am

Yes. I noticed that too.

Since they said they cannot accept payments, I wonder what will happen to my yearly subscription that I made via Payza for upgrading at Wordlinx. I'll have to wait until June 2013.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #51 - 22nd Feb, 2013 at 3:41pm

venkat wrote on 22nd Feb, 2013 at 6:15am:
Yes. I noticed that too.

Since they said they cannot accept payments, I wonder what will happen to my yearly subscription that I made via Payza for upgrading at Wordlinx. I'll have to wait until June 2013.

I believe you would have to cancel it one day before it expires just to avoid any trouble..
By the way I still don't get it.. After all these years what problem does PayPal have against India to keep on blocking them?

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #52 - 22nd Feb, 2013 at 5:11pm

It is our Reserve Bank of India, who control the transactions of money in India, that insisted Paypal not to allow money transfers between Indians and not to allow Indians to spend via Paypal.

By the way, WordLinx have mentioned to contact them before cancelling the subscriptions. Otherwise we may lose our account. (I did it once with Paypal previously and got suspended. Later the WM resumed my account on explanation.)

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #53 - 22nd Feb, 2013 at 5:49pm

venkat wrote on 22nd Feb, 2013 at 5:11pm:
It is our Reserve Bank of India, who control the transactions of money in India, that insisted Paypal not to allow money transfers between Indians and not to allow Indians to spend via Paypal.

Well, I now know why.. weird though that they allow other payment processors while blocking the bigger one.. most of ebay is unusable this way..

Quote:
By the way, WordLinx have mentioned to contact them before cancelling the subscriptions. Otherwise we may lose our account. (I did it once with Paypal previously and got suspended. Later the WM resumed my account on explanation.)

I see.. but shouldn't the subscription be automatically cancelled if their Payza account is no longer active?
Anyways, I hope they find some way for you to keep you business there.

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #54 - 23rd Feb, 2013 at 5:03am

Paypal is the only processor that has tie-up with Indian Banks. Others just send money by wire. That's the reason.

I'm sure that our authorities don't even know that many other payment processors exist.

With this background, even if payza ties up with Banks, again Indians won't be allowed to spend or transfer.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: RefBan Details
Reply #55 - 26th Feb, 2013 at 5:29pm

Small update :

I went ahead and purchased 50.000 banner impressions and I'm now considered an advertiser there.
My Referral / Stats page now looks like this :

Current daily rate for displaying banners $0.10
Current rate per active referral (ten levels) $0.02
Remaining before cashout $50.00  /  2 sales

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: RefBan.com Details
Reply #56 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 7:04pm

You remember when I came up with that idea at PTCBox where we could all join and then focus our advertising on one referral link. As we built an active team for that member, then we would all move up the chain and do the same thing for the members above until we all focused on building active teams for everyone. Refban is actually a concept that could accommodate that idea. With ten levels we could all focus on building a team for the lowest member and then when that gets going we could help the members above compounding our cash flow as we go  Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #57 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 8:35pm

moneymarketing wrote on 5th Mar, 2013 at 7:04pm:
You remember when I came up with that idea at PTCBox where we could all join and then focus our advertising on one referral link. As we built an active team for that member, then we would all move up the chain and do the same thing for the members above until we all focused on building active teams for everyone. Refban is actually a concept that could accommodate that idea. With ten levels we could all focus on building a team for the lowest member and then when that gets going we could help the members above compounding our cash flow as we go  Smiley

Yep, it's possible with refban if it's as profitable as they've promised.
However we'd better wait until they launch. Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #58 - 6th Mar, 2013 at 7:21pm

Here's the downline if you'd like to join: Smiley

http://www.ptcbox.me/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1362324607

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator