Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com Details (Pre-Launch Posts) (Read 87423 times)
dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Re: RefBan's Payout??
Reply #30 - 13th Feb, 2013 at 7:22pm

Ok, but where within the website did you look up that info?

Cause it says the following in their "Cashout levels revealed!" news page:

"Our cashout levels have been set with this in mind. We're now announcing that members will be able to cashout at $100 (just four referred sales!) and advertisers will be able to cashout at $50 (just one referred sale!)."

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #31 - 14th Feb, 2013 at 12:56am

Well, it is still displayed here.
But as we can see in the latest news page just yesterday they changed it up to

$100 / 4 sales (for Members)
$50 / 1 sale (for Advertisers)

I guess they just still haven't changed the compare page..

Edited:
This is probably wrong.. they state 4 / 1 sales to reach the cashout amount..
they don't state how many sales are required before we can cashout..
« Last Edit: 16th Feb, 2013 at 6:23pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #32 - 14th Feb, 2013 at 7:05pm

Alright, there it is. Now we're waiting for them to start counting the impressions! Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #33 - 14th Feb, 2013 at 7:11pm

I have another good question for you SS. Can you tell that you at least already have some referrals in your downline? Does it show in your stats?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #34 - 14th Feb, 2013 at 8:00pm

I have 3 referrals but it doesn't show any details at all about them..
That kinda sucks.. as I can't check anyone's activity.
Even if somebody in my downline does upgrade I won't be able to see who that was..
(Wow.. I've just realized that there's no thumbs down smiley in our forum..)

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #35 - 15th Feb, 2013 at 6:55am

I get the impression that members who haven't referred any advertiser, cannot get paid.

I don't mind that but it would be discouraging to many publishers.

Does it sound fair?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #36 - 15th Feb, 2013 at 11:18am

venkat wrote on 15th Feb, 2013 at 6:55am:
I get the impression that members who haven't referred any advertiser, cannot get paid.

I don't mind that but it would be discouraging to many publishers.

Does it sound fair?

Smiley, that is true.. sales = upgraded referrals..
I guess they wanted to attract only serious affiliate marketers.. and kinda avoid freebies..
Not sure if that's a good move but still "Rogue" are pretty famous to take such risks through innovations.

I mean.. etc. if neobux opened up a matrix site now, even though people know that usually matrix sites fail,
many would rush to join and invest in it just because neobux is still out there.. Wordlinx thought of that first.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #37 - 16th Feb, 2013 at 12:42am

Sometime one's got to also look at things from the program's perspective. That they also need to make it sustainable, etc.

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #38 - 16th Feb, 2013 at 10:10am

Yeah, but I think setting a minimum payout of $10 or $20 would make them sustainable. People who bring traffic for a while and don't make it, won't be withdrawing. That would make it sustainable.

Personally, I will never hesitate to buy advertisement with Rogue group. I believe my referrals too won't. The only thing I'm afraid is, members shouldn't get a different picture as if it's a trap.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #39 - 16th Feb, 2013 at 1:07pm

What I personally think is bad for the members/advertisers is the  4/1 sales required to cashout..
This way they force us to promote the program only for advertisers.. otherwise we won't be able to get paid.

It is somewhat sustainable this way though. Mainly because they don't pay unless they get paid.
And they will pay only if they get paid firstly. However here is some random calculation :

Let's say that a member buys the lower advertising package which is $15. Then he becomes advertiser for a year.
Then he refers a member that also does the same (pays $15) but fails to refer any advertiser. So the site gets $30.
Now the first member will be displaying banners for a year and as an dvertiser he'll get $0.10 per day for displaying banners.

In 360 days he'll have accumulated $36,00 plus 30% of his sale to his referral which is $15*0.3=$5 so $36 + $5 = $41 total earnings.
We already see that we won't be able to even cashout by just one advertiser in just a year. Smiley
Not even 2 advertisers.. It will take 3 referred advertisers to get there. So, here we go again...

Same story with a member that has referred 3 advertisers that do not successfully get to refer anyone.
In a year he'll have accumulated $36 + (3 x $5) = $51. The site will have already got 4 x $15 = $60.

Edited:
Please check for the corrected results here.

Wow.. that's actually perfectly sustainable and profitable..  Smiley
Let me know if I'm wrong.. Smiley

PS. By the way I did not include the one time $0.02 bonus for referring an advertiser..
I believe it would play a small part in the whole matter...
« Last Edit: 16th Feb, 2013 at 7:14pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #40 - 16th Feb, 2013 at 1:57pm

I really don't think it is good to discourage mere publishers. We need both the advertisers and publishers.

Insisting advertisers to publish is somewhat harmless, but insisting publishers to buy advertising may be harmful to the site.

EDIT: I just observed that they accept only Paypal. We Indians can't spend via paypal even if we are interested in buying impressions. It becomes meaningless whether I am interested or not, while I can't.

Obviously there are many people from my country who are good promoters. If they can't cashout, probably they stay away. Potential loss for Rogue Media.  Huh

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #41 - 16th Feb, 2013 at 2:37pm

SolidSnake wrote on 16th Feb, 2013 at 1:07pm:
We already see that we won't be able to even cashout by just one advertiser in just a year. Smiley
Not even 2 advertisers.. It will take 3 referred advertisers to get there. So, here we go again...

First, perhaps you meant "sales" not "advertisers"? There's a difference.

Even in that case, where did you get that info? Cause as discussed in the forum, it says the following in their Compare Page:

Members $100 / 5 sales

Advertisers $50 / 2 sales

And in their Cashout levels revealed page:

RefBan Facts: #5.

Our cashout levels have been set with this in mind. We're now announcing that members will be able to cashout at $100 (just four referred sales!) and advertisers will be able to cashout at $50 (just one referred sale!).

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #42 - 16th Feb, 2013 at 7:05pm

@venkat

Well they state the following in their news page :
Quote:
If PayPal doesn't support payments from your country, we're now also accepting other processors including Perfect Money. Just visit http://refban.com/contact.php and email us to order!

Not sure if that helps though..
We know that Payza is not an option too.. as they state here.

@dansbanners

Well, now that I re-read it I believe you're right. It's still not 100% clear though..
They don't say that 4/1 are the requirements for members/advertisers to cashout.. they only say that that's how many sales get you above the cashout amount $100/$50 accordingly.

About my calculations.. I made a mistake in the amount we earn from $15 sales. $15 x 0.3 = $4.5 (instead of $5 which I by mistake state there - I corrected the post).

ALso regarding the advertisers / sales, I connected the terms keeping in mind that if a referral of ours becomes an advertiser, that means one sale for us. However a referral can make more than one sales.. so we don't necessarily need more than 1 referred advertiser.

So, to sum it all up corrected.. :

Let's say that a member buys the lower advertising package which is $15. Then he becomes advertiser for a year.
Then immediately he refers a member that also does the same (pays $15) but fails to refer any advertiser. So the site gets $30.
Now the first member will be displaying banners for a year and as an dvertiser he'll get $0.10 per day for displaying banners.

In 360 days he'll have accumulated $36,00 plus 30% of his sale to his referral which is $15*0.3=$4.5 so $36 + $4.5 = $40.5 total earnings.

In order to reach the cashout he'll need at least
*4 sales
of the minimum $15 from his referred advertiser(s).
That equals to : $36 + (4 x $4.5) = $54 in a year.
And the site will have got : 5 x $15 = $75 during that year.

So, the advertiser's pure profit will be : $54 - $15 = $39
while the site's pure profit will be $75 - $54 = $21

*Small Note :
3 x $15 sales will only get us exactly the minimum cashout requirement if we calculate a year as 365 days :
$36.5 + (3 x $4.5) = $50 ... oh and let's add the "active referral" bonus that we'll get.. $0.02.. so we get $50.02 and that's above the minimum requirement.
Funny thing.. is that "the 'secret sauce' behind their payment algorithm" they were talking about?  Smiley

So, in that special case the advertiser's pure profit will be : $50.02 - $15 = $35.02
While the site's pure profit will be : (4 x $15) - $50.02 = $9.98
« Last Edit: 16th Feb, 2013 at 7:20pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #43 - 16th Feb, 2013 at 7:34pm

What is troubling me more is that even though they replied to me that $0.02 is a one time bonus, in the comparison page they are talking about a rate.. :

Quote:
However, with so many active referrals you could easily earn $0.20 for each one, giving a total of $1,953,125.00. Similarly, if you display banners as an advertiser, you'll earn a
base rate of $0.10 per day, but with enough active referrals this will increase to (and beyond) $1.00 per day

The meaning of this the way I read it is this :

The base rate is $0.05 for members and $0.10 for advertisers.
With each active referral it goes up by $0.01 and $0.02 accordingly.
So with 3 active referrals as advertisers we'll be getting $0.10 + (3 x $0.02) = $0.16 per day..
and that would blow the final equation in my previous post like this.. :
(365 x $0.16) + (3 x $4.5) = $58.4 + $13.5 =
$71.9

Well that could be at no way sustainable in my opinion..

Edited:
Site is launched so some details are now uncovered and this post is invalid.
The $0.02 bonus per ref is a one time commission.
« Last Edit: 4th May, 2013 at 5:24pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #44 - 18th Feb, 2013 at 6:05am

I didn't go deep into the calculations yet, but where is the info that says $0.02 per day from referrals. I thought it was one time bonus.

I interpret "base rate of $0.10 per day, but with enough active referrals this will increase to (and beyond) $1.00 per day" as 30% from the base rate of our referrals.This may be either $0.015 or $0.03.

My concern is this:
Quote:
Even if you don't have many visitors, you'll still earn the base rate for every day that you display banners.
If you generate more genuine impressions with a busier site, or multiple sites, you'll refer more members and will earn more. This makes our system fair for everyone.

Without a CPM rate, I wonder how this can be sustainable? (Or is there any CPM rate for publisher and did I miss it? I saw CPM rate for advertisers, but I haven't found CPM rate for publishers.)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print