Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com Details (Pre-Launch Posts) (Read 87368 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: RefBan's Payout??
Reply #15 - 31st Jan, 2013 at 9:42pm

Some more details by RefBan.. is it just me or it keeps getting more and more confusing?  Undecided

Quote:
Advertise and earn double!

Soon it will be your LAST CHANCE to earn double for displaying banners and referring others!

How do you instantly earn double? Just advertise! Prices start at $15 for 50,000 high quality banner impressions! ALL packages come with a FREE bonus which includes...

> Double from displaying banners - $0.10+ per day, guaranteed!

> Double affiliate commissions - up to $57 for every sale!

> Half the usual amount required to cashout!

For more details, just login and click the link in the top right.  We'll soon be adding up commission totals, so don't miss out - buy now! Just pick ANY advertising package!

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #16 - 31st Jan, 2013 at 11:09pm

Did they start counting the impressions yet?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #17 - 31st Jan, 2013 at 11:21pm

dansbanners wrote on 31st Jan, 2013 at 11:09pm:
Did they start counting the impressions yet?

Nope, not yet. I think they want to sell a specific number of banner advertising packages before going live..
Also there's this in their email... :

Quote:
This is an important update for all users. We'll be migrating Referral Banners to a more stable hosting platform on 5th February 2013, ready for our launch in a few weeks.

We expect some brief downtime on that day while we move the database, but the site should remain live. We'll be keeping everyone informed via updates on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ (links on our site).

However this statement is making me kinda anxious.. :

Quote:
Soon it will be your LAST CHANCE to earn double for displaying banners and referring others!

I think I'll ask them what that means and I'll let you know.
Actually I think I'll ask them a couple more questions..

Edited:
I did ask 5 critical questions about the program that will most likely clear every confusion we have now
and hopefully I'll inform you all here, if they reply to me. Let's wait and see.
« Last Edit: 1st Feb, 2013 at 12:44am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #18 - 1st Feb, 2013 at 2:33pm

Well, I'm kinda waiting till they start counting the impressions to ensure that the banner impressions doesn't get wasted.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #19 - 1st Feb, 2013 at 3:07pm

Well they replied to me and 4 out of 5 points I asked are kinda clear now.. here is the whole conversation.

Question 1: Regarding the payout request, is it required for a member / advertiser to make both 5 /  2 sales and also collect $100 / $50 in their balance (accordingly)? Or they can cashout just by achieving only the first of the two goals etc. if an advertiser collects $50 without sales.. just by referral earnings will he be able to request a cashout?

Answer : Yes, those are the requirements that have to be met before a user can cashout.
Please login and click 'Referrals / Stats and scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see a current total for both.

Conclusion : So yes we are required to both generate sales and collect the minimum amount to request a payout.

Question 2: From what I understand I have to make any banner advertising purchase to become an advertiser and I'm ok with that. However I read that advertisers get double earnings ($0.10 per day by displaying banners / $0.02 / active referral) than simple members of RefBan. Now in the last email I read this line :

"Soon it will be your LAST CHANCE to earn double for displaying banners and referring others!"

Could you please explain to me what exactly does this mean? Which exact feature will not be available anymore?

Answer : We'll soon be adding up all the affiliate commissions, so it will be your last chance to earn 30% instead of 15%.
If you advertise after we add them up, you'll only earn 15% for commissions to date and 30% for future commissions.

Conclusion : So from what I get is that the only difference in the commissions is that we
will only receive 15% commissions for the sales that were made before the official launch. So here is an example :

Let's say that I joined the program at 15th of January 2013 and started referring already.
And until today I'm considered a simple member instead of advertiser. But the program is still in prelaunch.
Now, if I have generated x sales so far that I'm standard I would normally get 15% commission for them.
But if I upgrade now while it's still pre-launch, when the program officially launches I will get 30% commission
for them at the launch date as if I was advertiser since the beginning. I'll let them know of this thought and
request them to ensure that I got it.

(to be continued)
« Last Edit: 1st Feb, 2013 at 3:20pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #20 - 1st Feb, 2013 at 3:13pm

Question 3: In your Guide about referring active members I read :

"The criteria for an active referral is a) if they have displayed banners on their pages and have referred another active member to Referral Banners or b) if they have purchased advertising."

So, to make things clear, I will not earn anything from each one of my referrals unless a) or b) requirement is fulfilled right? Etc. Will I not earn anything from my referral if he just displays refban banners on his website but does not refer anybody to the program?

Answer : Yes, as our name suggests, referrals must refer and display banners to be considered active.
Although they can override this by advertising.

Conclusion : This definitely doesn't sound good.. Our referrals will have to get referrals AND display banners to be considered active, OR they can make a purchase. Otherwise we won't earn anything from them.

Question 4: The $0.01 / $0.02 that members / advertisers earn by their active referrals are one-time earnings or daily? So in the first case the maximum I can earn from my referral's activity besides generating sales is $0.02 if I'm advertiser and only if they fulfil one of the two requirements discussed in my question 3? Please clarify this point.

Answer : Please login and click 'Guide > Increasing Earnings' for details.

Conclusion : I guess they wanna keep something hidden here? It was a simple question that was not answered. I'll make another try to see if they actually help us figure it out or not.

Question 5: The commissions I earn from sales are valid for my 1st level of referrals ONLY or do they include my referrals' sales to their own referrals?

Answer : Affiliate sales are level 1 only, like most other affiliate programs.

Conclusion : Well that's exactly as expected. It would be a scam indicator otherwise.. so it's fine like that.
« Last Edit: 1st Feb, 2013 at 3:28pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #21 - 2nd Feb, 2013 at 3:57pm

When will they start counting the impressions?

And will they only count the impressions? Or will they also count hits to the referral url?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #22 - 2nd Feb, 2013 at 4:41pm

They will start counting only after the launch date which is not announced yet. They only said that it would be early 2013,
January or February if they don't make it within January. So we are probably very close now.

Refban will be something like adsense for banner advertising. We will most likely be given some javascript code to put in our sites,
and basically we will be offering banner space, while they will be providing the banners that will be shown there.

From what they say it doesn't matter if we do or don't get many impressions on the banners we display,  we just have to
have them them there. And also I don't think our self promotion banners count.. most likely we'll have no control at all over
what will be displayed in our banner space.. only the size and position of it, just like most current advertising networks.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #23 - 3rd Feb, 2013 at 1:47am

And we have some new updates on the subject.. I believe it's fine now.

Question 1:
Let's say that I'm an advertiser and I refer a member that is considered active today (displays banners and refers 1 person to refban).
Ok, I earn $0.02 for his activity. But is this only for today? I mean, if tomorrow he keeps on displaying banners on his site normally,
will I be credited another $0.02 or not?

Answer : Yes, you would only earn the $0.02 once for that active referral.
However, the more active referrals you have on multiple levels, then you will earn up to (and above) $0.20 each time.

Conclusion : Sorry to say it, but this means that the basic income we get from our referrals is through sales only.

Question 2:
Let's say that I'm a standard member until today, but just yesterday I referred a member that made a purchase immediately (while I'm still standard member).
Tomorrow I decide to purchase advertising (considering that the chance is still there) and become an advertiser myself.
Once the referral commissions are added up to our balances, my ref's purchase from yesterday will give me 30% commission
instead of 15% that standard members will normally get. Am I wrong?

Answer : You're not wrong. If you are an advertiser at the time the commissions are added up you will earn 30%.
If you are a standard member when they're added up, you will earn 15%.

Conclusion : So, we're interested in purchasing fast only if our refs have already purchased advertising.
We need to do so before them. I think with a good co-op plan, this program could provide cheap banner advertising.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #24 - 8th Feb, 2013 at 7:14pm

Does the banner have to be 468 x 60 size?

Thanks!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #25 - 8th Feb, 2013 at 10:28pm

dansbanners wrote on 8th Feb, 2013 at 7:14pm:
Does the banner have to be 468 x 60 size?

Thanks!

Quoting this from their FAQ page :

Quote:
At first we'll only be accepting 468 x 60 pixel banners, but we'll add more sizes as the network expands.

Always a pleasure Dan. Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #26 - 11th Feb, 2013 at 8:33pm

Please do let us know once they start counting the impressions by posting it in here. Ok?

Thanks!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #27 - 11th Feb, 2013 at 11:26pm

dansbanners wrote on 11th Feb, 2013 at 8:33pm:
Please do let us know once they start counting the impressions by posting it in here. Ok?

Thanks!

Definitely, I'll also let you know if I purchase advertising there.. though I think I'll wait for the launch too.
If anyone does purchase anything also let us know, please.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #28 - 13th Feb, 2013 at 3:28pm

Where did you get the "$50.00 / 2 sales" requirement for cashout? I see the "$100.00  /  5 sales" in their website. But where did you see ""$50.00 / 2 sales"?

Thanks!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #29 - 13th Feb, 2013 at 3:41pm

"$50.00 / 2 sales" is the requirement for advertisers => members that have purchased at least a banner advertising package.
It's like a membership upgrade is included in the advertising packages and it lasts for one year after the last purchase if I'm not wrong.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print