Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
LegacyClix - New site backed up by TimTech (Read 29354 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: LegacyClix - New site backed up by TimTech
Reply #30 - 6th Jan, 2014 at 10:57pm

Well, the thread is locked already.. well.. not unxpectedly..
I think it's better not to attack them on their own forum..
There are so many other places where you can do it freely..
This way more members might be able to contribute.. Smiley

Edited:
Btw, drclix seems to be down already.. They probably didn't do their homework well.. and once again.. traffic is getting wasted. However if they get back online it seems like advertising on their homepage would be a good option with all the traffic nerdbux is sending them.. provided that they offer that option.. In LegacyClix featured links option is still disabled..

Edited:
It's back up...
« Last Edit: 6th Jan, 2014 at 11:16pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #31 - 6th Jan, 2014 at 11:21pm

Of course that blaming them for sucking all the money of TE woudn't make for proper discussion topic. If people feel they're being attacked they get defensive. And claims so broad like "All TEs" is bound to make you look like one of the usual troublemakers in the forum, even if the rest of your post was more toned down.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #32 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 12:08am

SolidSnake wrote on 6th Jan, 2014 at 10:57pm:
Well, the thread is locked already.. well.. not unxpectedly..
I think it's better not to attack them on their own forum..
There are so many other places where you can do it freely..
This way more members might be able to contribute.. Smiley

yes....but....if I were so far out in left field they would not have locked the thing down.

You need to understand that at the peak of the TE boom there were people that they were associated with who were selling turnkey TE sites for people to pay (something like $10K) for and step right in to be an owner. To say they never launched more than one is very deceptive on his part. Yes, they may have only launched one TE but they could also now say they only launched one PTC ....nerdbux. Do you see what they are saying? They didn't launch legacy and Dr, but they are promoting the launch....for their own benefit to their customers, ahead of their advertising customers(they are in the business to sell advertising are they not? Why not offer an ad deal to the members wanting to promote Drclix?)

This is the same thing a handful of TE owners would do when a new TE launched (BTW, I'll bet legacy is promoting this new PTC also). The top five or ten owners plus star marketers and advertisers would market the new TE to their membership and lists. So that could be up to 50% of all active TE members. So they take 50% of the first flood of joiners and the workers got to fight and promote what was leftover.

These guys (maybe the top 100 elite 'inner circle' exclusive email list) would make thousands of dollars and thousands of referrals off an initial launch and the next 25K - 50K people would divide the leftovers.

It was a plantation mentality. The firstfruits went to the plantation 'owners'.....always....and the leftovers went to........us and as far as they were concerned, never the twain should meet. Some people complained about the unfairness of the marketing setup and they effectively said, "Tough, if you want in on the spoils you can fork out the $10K it takes to start up a TE and then we might decide to help you launch. Other wise, if you're not willing to spend that kind of money, you are not serious about being in business. Get lost!" The smaller folk did not have that kind of money like many of the folks in the PTC industry do not now. So they were consigned to the second (or third) tier of earnings

Of course, the launches got smaller and smaller as the internet got bigger and bigger. The market saturated and many of us saw the writing on the wall and left for the PTC industry where the playing promoting and earnings fields were more level. There is a reason most of us don't start a PTC, we don't need to in order to make money

These guys, in their greed, can't seem or are not humble enough, to grasp that concept

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #33 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 12:12am

ruicarlov wrote on 6th Jan, 2014 at 11:21pm:
Of course that blaming them for sucking all the money of TE woudn't make for proper discussion topic. If people feel they're being attacked they get defensive. And claims so broad like "All TEs" is bound to make you look like one of the usual troublemakers in the forum, even if the rest of your post was more toned down.

Gutless ...

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #34 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 1:57am

I don't disaggree with you.. neither does rui (based on my understanding)..
It's true that what they do is unethical and selfish.. I bet that if they wrote an ebook about "the key to success"
their favorite part would be the "Create Your List" one.. because it's their most successful method so far.

It's not like you said anything wrong to them..  it's just that you wrote it in their own forum..
There's not much to gain by getting banned.. On the other hand, I feel it's always better
to speak kindly in a way that they won't even dare to reply to you.. Smiley

If you do so in a place where they have no power over you.. then it's even better.  Cool New

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #35 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 3:03am

SolidSnake wrote on 7th Jan, 2014 at 1:57am:
I don't disaggree with you.. neither does rui (based on my understanding)..
It's true that what they do is unethical and selfish.. I bet that if they wrote an ebook about "the key to success"
their favorite part would be the "Create Your List" one.. because it's their most successful method so far.

It's not like you said anything wrong to them..  it's just that you wrote it in their own forum..
There's not much to gain by getting banned.. On the other hand, I feel it's always better
to speak kindly in a way that they won't even dare to reply to you.. Smiley

If you do so in a place where they have no power over you.. then it's even better.  Cool New

Yes, I understand you but by doing it where I did I was speaking directly to them and showing that I had already written them off (by expecting how they would react). I was also proving to myself that they are still doing what they are doing by the way they reacted

Now I know to avoid that 'group' as much as possible. They also may have lost me as an advertiser. I'm really mad that they are here based on 'what we can get out of it for ourselves' and not as a 'how can we work together' situation

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #36 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 3:09am

I think we'd also be better off to focus on our own team, our own growth and not worry about what they may or may not be doing. IMHO.

Like you said, if needed, just don't join any more of their programs.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #37 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 4:04am

dansbanners wrote on 7th Jan, 2014 at 3:09am:
I think we'd also be better off to focus on our own team, our own growth and not worry about what they may or may not be doing. IMHO.

Like you said, if needed, just don't join any more of their programs.

Yes, and I just want to apologize to you guys if I've gone overboard on this topic but the way people act sometimes just drives me nuts because I know that people are going to get used and hurt and there really is no reason for it

Selfishness is a disease

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #38 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 5:19am

No sweat moneymarketing. Now we'll pick up where we left off with our team. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print