Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
LegacyClix - New site backed up by TimTech (Read 29355 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
LegacyClix - New site backed up by TimTech
5th Dec, 2013 at 4:49pm

I received the following email today from NerdBux with this announcement :

Quote:
Hiya SolidSnake ,

We've got a huge announcement today and we're very excited to let you in on something very special..

A brand new PTC is launching right now that is from one of our trusted partners, LegacyClix!

We have never gotten behind a new PTC and we're honored to help launch this new program...

This is going to be a HUGE PTC!

Please note: The LegacyClix team has a brand new look and design that will be set up tomorrow, we're letting you know about this before ANYONE else in the industry!

Join today and get ready to experience a brand new standard in PTC advertising!

Enjoy LegacyClix!

The TimTech Nerds

P.S. This has the potential to be the next NerdBux...yeah we said it Wink

Seems like they will heavily benefit from this site and therefore support it as well.
It has not been launched yet and just today it got already 2633 new members..

I joined to check out their advertising options and prices and it's nothing special besides having a good promoting potential.
But since TimTech are behind them it will be kinda easy to promote. So I went ahead and created some tools and used some
free advertising options I had, to promote it for a couple of the following days.. I'll keep you up to date with my results.

The banners I created for this specific campaign are these :

http://imageshack.com/a/img11/3893/wusm.gif

http://imageshack.com/a/img163/2707/otd.gif

As always feel free to use them.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: LegacyClix - New site backed up by TimTech
Reply #1 - 6th Dec, 2013 at 2:28am

The site growing rate is insane!  Shocked
3756 new members today so far!

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #2 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 2:17pm

Personally, I think it's really annoying when people launch a site when it's not ready, using us as guinea pigs and making many members who promote the site losing money ....

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #3 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 3:00pm

Sometime some of the owners launch a new site to get the initial burst of cash.

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #4 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 3:07pm

Really, you don't wanna know what I really think about this launch !!!  Censored

Don't want to put SS in trouble  Wink

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:19pm

Lol.. Speak freely Sophie, it's ok as I am already into trouble..  Grin
Well, at least I use mostly free advertising or credits that were remaining from some previous campaigns, to advertise LegacyClix. So I'm fine with whatever result I get.

But it's really a war going on out there..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:28pm

dansbanners wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Sometime some of the owners launch a new site to get the initial burst of cash.

It seems they brought that 'trick' over from the TEs. Use their email list to market to their members in competition with their own members. That does not make for a level playing field. Maybe they should stand back and leave some scraps for the ones that are putting food on their tables.

Nothing more frustrating than seeing five or six sites send mails to their members talking about a new launch knowing that they got advanced notice of their membership

I hope they don't plan on continuing those practices in the PTC industry where an elite circle of owners market their stuff to the lower tiers of members. That is very unethical in my opinion and when they started front running their memberships like that in the TE's that is when things started dying there. You can't continue to take from people so that you can (literally) make thousands of dollars and expect them to keep showing up for pennies. This was their mindset and they saw nothing wrong with it

They have already seen that they can get very rich giving something to their members. There is no need to take it all for themselves and give the leftovers to everyone else. Greed is what will kill this industry when everyone starts thinking of himself first

I can't believe they so badly failed with the TE's and now they think they can do the same thing in the PTC industry. Did they think it was the TE format that failed? NO! It was their using and exploiting of their members that made people walk away to an industry that actually paid people in a fairer way.

He who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it

Fortunately there are generous and wise owners in the PTC arena that will keep these guys honest

I refuse to join any PTC that is pushed on me selfishly by other PTC sites unless I am paid to click on those links

David

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #7 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:41pm

Well, we call that push on us by owners, they say they give us an opportunity to have notice in advance .... when it's send to 200+ K members, I think it's playing semantics here, it's not heads up in advance, it's a "launch".

In TE it's all about marketing, branding, being the popular guy and then you can do whatever you want because some others will blindly follow. Then the popular one makes the money and the rest ..... clicks.

In PTC imho, it's all about business and money, you can be a nice guy and have many friends but if your site doesn't work the way it should, ya better fix it asap and give compensation to your members who have lost because of it otherwhise you won't be considered as a pro.

I do hope as well that the TE marketing strategies with the countless flattering followers won't invade the PTC  Huh

I hope you're not in serious trouble SS Wink

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #8 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:43pm

SolidSnake wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:19pm:
Lol.. Speak freely Sophie, it's ok as I am already into trouble..  Grin
Well, at least I use mostly free advertising or credits that were remaining from some previous campaigns, to advertise LegacyClix. So I'm fine with whatever result I get.

But it's really a war going on out there..

War ?

War for referrals at Legacy you mean ?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #9 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 6:18pm

moneymarketing wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:28pm:
It seems they brought that 'trick' over from the TEs. Use their email list to market to their members in competition with their own members. That does not make for a level playing field. Maybe they should stand back and leave some scraps for the ones that are putting food on their tables.
I refuse to join any PTC that is pushed on me selfishly by other PTC sites unless I am paid to click on those links
It's always been that problem with humanity.. People with power, always seek more power... (converting profits to power..)
Spamming their own members.. isn't this what every ebook coming from the so called money making "gurus" is about?
They keep saying that the most important thing is to "build your list".. (so that you can spam them all you want afterwards).
Unfortunately as much unethical as it is, it works and we can't prevent that from happening.. usually their T.o.S. state that
by using their programs you agree to receive these emails.. you want to opt-out? You can always cancel your agreement..

By the way I have included this in my new T.o.S... :

Quote:
We will not send you any email that contains links pointing outside the PTCBox.Me domain. The only exception to this rule is that we have the right to send you a copy of your order details including the links you have submitted for your own advertising purposes. Therefore we will not use your email to promote anything beyond our own (PTCBox.Me) advertising services and site related sections on the same domain (such as our forum, articles etc).
It's not the best anti-spam policy but ok, you get the picture.

sophieca wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:43pm:
War ?

War for referrals at Legacy you mean ?
Yep, that's what I'm talking about.. if you take a look at every possible PTC program online you'll notice at least 3-5 ads
(PTCs or Banners) pointing to LegacyClix.. It pops up practically everywhere.. Smiley

sophieca wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:41pm:
I hope you're not in serious trouble SS
Well, I'm not in economical trouble at least.. (can't promise anything about brain damage though..  Smiley Smiley)

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #10 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 6:45pm

Haha, yes I have seen it advertised everywhere, it's crazy !

I am now at 97 directs but I know only 4 or 5 of them will be active. This is why it so annoyed me that we are limited with 100 DR without it being mentioned clearly.
I buy many refs knowing very well that only a small percent will be active, had I known that I am limited at 100 and that I have to pay to delete the inactives, I might have advertised differently .... or not at all.

My bad I guess, should have known it would go this way ....

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #11 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 6:46pm

SolidSnake wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 6:18pm:
Well, I'm not in economical trouble at least.. (can't promise anything about brain damage though..  Smiley Smiley)

Oh oh, I hope you'll keep your sanity Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #12 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 6:58pm

sophieca wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 6:46pm:
Oh oh, I hope you'll keep your sanity Smiley

( Just between us.. I lost it a long time ago.. I think it's almost 28 years ago.. - Oh, wait.. I'm 27..  Shocked )

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #13 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 9:44pm

sophieca wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 6:45pm:
Haha, yes I have seen it advertised everywhere, it's crazy !

I am now at 97 directs but I know only 4 or 5 of them will be active. This is why it so annoyed me that we are limited with 100 DR without it being mentioned clearly.
I buy many refs knowing very well that only a small percent will be active, had I known that I am limited at 100 and that I have to pay to delete the inactives, I might have advertised differently .... or not at all.

My bad I guess, should have known it would go this way ....

Pay to remove directs? Ouch Shocked
But yeah, this legacy thing is crazy. I don't think even PTCbox had that many advertising everywhere during its launch, and it was one hugely advertised site.

By that way, who failed with TEs? You mean traffic exchanges, right?

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #14 - 8th Dec, 2013 at 10:41pm

moneymarketing wrote on 8th Dec, 2013 at 4:28pm:

Nothing more frustrating than seeing five or six sites send mails to their members talking about a new launch knowing that they got advanced notice of their membership

I hope they don't plan on continuing those practices in the PTC industry where an elite circle of owners market their stuff to the lower tiers of members. That is very unethical in my opinion and when they started front running their memberships like that in the TE's that is when things started dying there. You can't continue to take from people so that you can (literally) make thousands of dollars and expect them to keep showing up for pennies. This was their mindset and they saw nothing wrong with it

They have already seen that they can get very rich giving something to their members. There is no need to take it all for themselves and give the leftovers to everyone else. Greed is what will kill this industry when everyone starts thinking of himself first

I can't believe they so badly failed with the TE's and now they think they can do the same thing in the PTC industry. Did they think it was the TE format that failed? NO! It was their using and exploiting of their members that made people walk away to an industry that actually paid people in a fairer way.

He who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it

Fortunately there are generous and wise owners in the PTC arena that will keep these guys honest

I think it's also a question of that some of the owners learned from past experience that they do get that "initial burst of cash" after the program's launch is hyped up before the "new" novelty eventually wears off.

It even says in one of their banners "Get in first, this program is going to be huge!" or something to that sort. To put it in perspective the extent they're building on the hype and all.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print