clixsense news (Read 22754 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: clixsense news
Reply #15 - 18th Feb, 2014 at 8:33pm

ruicarlov wrote on 18th Feb, 2014 at 7:06pm:
They eventually disappear.
I might have referred a good couple of hundreds (465), but now only 130 are listed as active, and only a third of that are what you can consider active.

If anything annoys me about CS it is that they bump referrals. Many PTCs have moved away from that practice but they still do it. I never liked that my hard work would be tossed like that. They should keep them and work harder to win them back. It is said that it is something like seven times harder(i.e. more expensive) to get a new customer than it is to get a return customer
« Last Edit: 18th Feb, 2014 at 10:35pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #16 - 18th Feb, 2014 at 11:54pm

Bump referrals? What's that?

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #17 - 19th Feb, 2014 at 2:24am

I don't understand either

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #18 - 19th Feb, 2014 at 5:43am

Probably changing uplines?

I've heard that Clixsense, though they announced not, are doing it still on special cases.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #19 - 19th Feb, 2014 at 7:49am

ruicarlov wrote on 18th Feb, 2014 at 11:54pm:
Bump referrals? What's that?

Deleting inactive referrals

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #20 - 19th Feb, 2014 at 1:05pm

Actually, they aren't deleted. I can see all of them in my referral page. They're just listed as not-active.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #21 - 19th Feb, 2014 at 5:15pm

ruicarlov wrote on 19th Feb, 2014 at 1:05pm:
Actually, they aren't deleted. I can see all of them in my referral page. They're just listed as not-active.

Quoting from their User Agreement page :

Quote:
Inactivity - If your account should go to inactive status (90 days with no logins), ClixSense will consider the account abandoned and closes it. All funds in the account will be forfeited and the balance zeroed. Any referrals or ad credits that are in your account when it's closed for inactivity will remain in the account. While this account is inactive, any referrals in your downline may request to change their sponsor. If you reactivate your account these referrals who left your downline will not be assigned back, they are lost.

Actually you don't really lose your referrals if they become inactive.. it's them that may lose their own plus their earnings will be reset. If they come back they will still be your referrals...

However, if we get inactive for 90+ days we lose our balances and potentially referrals that changed upline..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #22 - 19th Feb, 2014 at 5:45pm

SolidSnake wrote on 19th Feb, 2014 at 5:15pm:
Quoting from their User Agreement page :

Actually you don't really lose your referrals if they become inactive.. it's them that may lose their own plus their earnings will be reset. If they come back they will still be your referrals...

However, if we get inactive for 90+ days we lose our balances and potentially referrals that changed upline..

they must have changed those rules because I remember talking to them about that when they were deleting. I guess enough people complained that they changed them.

Now Neobux on the other hand....they still delete don't they?

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #23 - 19th Feb, 2014 at 5:49pm

Yep. 60 days and they're kicked off permanently.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #24 - 23rd Feb, 2014 at 12:40pm

Looks like they added referral comissions to sticky ads (and made them more expensive)

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #25 - 23rd Feb, 2014 at 9:05pm

ruicarlov wrote on 23rd Feb, 2014 at 12:40pm:
Looks like they added referral comissions to sticky ads (and made them more expensive)

I guess they proved so successful that people started screaming.

They have also rocked the competition apparently

Neobux news:

Quote:
As many of you already noticed we've recently made a couple of additions to our fixed advertisements' platform from our advertisers' most popular requests:

3 days fixed exposure
A few advertisers have asked for this exposure after we've automated the fixed advertisements' purchase process. Since we only had a one day exposure they would have to purchase three exposures to actually advertise for three days (which is a common interval between 1 and 7 days).
Not only we added the three days exposure pack but we also threw in a 3% discount that wasn't previously available.

12 hours fixed exposure
Many advertisers contacted us because they couldn't afford a $100 exposure and had to use other sites where they paid around 30% to 40% less. They told us they knew that even though the price was lower they were actually having much less views per dollar than they would have here but it was all they could afford, unfortunately.
Since we've always cared for our advertisers we decided to create a half-day (12 hours) fixed exposure that will fill this gap while providing the same premium service our advertisers love. This way they'll pay much less and can expect around 120k views (depending on several factors) in half a day which is much more than the exposures they would have elsewhere in a full day and even at a lower price.

Careful folks, elephants battling. Don't get stepped on.

I guess the good part is that there could be some great deals coming out soon. I wonder how this is going to affect smaller sites. If the big two start competing fiercely for ad dollars, what are the little guys supposed to do?

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #26 - 25th Sep, 2014 at 8:22pm

I'm really liking that temporary 10 cent bounty they are paying on new referrals. I hope they decide to make it permanent. It (edit: won't) cover all the advertising cost but it takes some of the edge off

ugh.....now that I've become a twitter addict my thoughts are gravitating to the 140 character limit (like this one  Grin)
« Last Edit: 26th Sep, 2014 at 2:03am by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print