Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com - New Model Updates! (Read 86480 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
RefBan.com - New Model Updates!
5th Nov, 2013 at 10:21pm

Since the program has recently changed their whole model and the Refban thread has become too big now,
it would be better to read through the latest updates and discuss on them on a new thread. So I'll lock the
old RefBan thread and the discussion on the program should continue here from now on.

Just letting you know that after thinking again and again on their new updates I decided to let them know
what I think about them through a support ticket. They replied quickly and I'd like to share with you that
reply in order to express your thoughts about it here. So, firstly I quote here my own email :

Quote:
Hello, I would like to comment on the last Refban update that we received through email.
The part I'm referring to is the following :

"Following feedback gathered over the last few months, it became clear that our system was too complicated. We've now removed the ten level downline and the old earnings algorithm to make things much easier to understand."

The reason I open this ticket is to share my team's opinion regarding this change with you. I am administrator of the X-PTCBox Forum and along with a couple of members of my site we evaluate new online money making programs together as a team. Therefore Refban has been a very interesting program for us, as it came with a 10 level downline so we could all work together on promoting it and share the benefits as long as the expenses.

So far we have got to a point of having introduced 315 new members to the program through our team, 46 of which are currently active. They are spread through 7 tiers and we've all been making plans on how to keep working long term on your site. But unfortunately this new update absolutely ruins any possible team co-operation strategy now.

The 10 level downline was probably the strongest point of the program and greatly motivated promoting it plus generating sales as they were combined with the upgrading process. Also Rogue Media Ltd. has been a very respectable group that has been keeping its word for so many years.

But this move really creates huge doubts about the group now. People in my team are already becoming disappointed by this change and really think about giving up working on it. Even worse they feel that they have been tricked into purchasing upgrades and to be honest I'm also beginning to feel guilty that I've used the 10 level downline as the strongest point in my advertising campaigns for many months.

To conclude this ticket, I'm afraid I'm not in the position to request you to change the way you manage your site but as a member/advertiser/promoter/partner I would kindly recommend you to carefully analyze your plans and every other alternative available option before proceeding with such a major change that will most likely be a determining factor of the future success or failure of the whole program.

Sincerely,
SolidSnake
PTCBox.Me Administration
« Last Edit: 5th Nov, 2013 at 10:27pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: RefBan - Remodeled Updates!
Reply #1 - 5th Nov, 2013 at 10:23pm

And here is their reply :

Quote:
A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #458978 with the following response:

Hi SolidSnake,

Thank you for your message. We appreciate your feedback.

We did make the changes after careful consideration. Firstly, we learned that in PayPal's terms they do not allow use of their platform in conjunction with any form of MLM. For this reason it was important to quickly find a new business model that would still benefit members before our account became at risk. We did the same with WordLinx.

Now instead of paying once per active referral, we pay 365 times per year. This rewards users much better for genuinely active referrals. The new model also encourages members to show banners, which wasn't happening before - the entire point of a banner network.

Secondly, by simplifying the system we've opened it up to people who don't understand or wouldn't normally take part in network marketing / MLM. By saying "earn on ten levels" it wasn't clear to most people what that meant and took a lot of time to explain via this ticket system. Most affiliate systems only pay for direct commissions, so by saying "earn from displaying banners and also when your friends display banners" it's much clearer and we've saved a huge amount of time teaching people how it works.

Thirdly, the commissions you earned have not changed. You'll still get 15% or 30% for direct referral purchases, so everyone that bought before the update will still earn commissions in the same way. We've also kept the same cashout requirements.

Thanks again for your opinions. Hopefully you'll understand that yes, this was a major change (we don't even have proper stats in place yet), but one that was necessary for the life and growth of the network.

If you have any other comments, please feel free to discuss.

Feel free to share your opinions.

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Re: RefBan.com - New Model Updates!
Reply #2 - 6th Nov, 2013 at 6:20am

Definitely there is some bug in there. (or they have something hidden in the script.)

I should be getting 5 cents daily, but I can see only 2 cents increase daily. (Either it should be from my active referrals, or it should be my own earnings. Whatever, it's not good.)

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 6th Nov, 2013 at 7:21am

Come on. Are you trying to tell me they didn't know that
Paypal did not accept MLM sites? Everyone in the freakin'
industry knows paypal does not accept MLM! They just
figured that out now? I can't buy that. There must be more
to that.

If they are that ignorant about the industry that they have
been working in for how many years (?), can we trust that they
know what they are doing at all?

David

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #4 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 9:48am

Grrr... My earnings has gone down by 20 cents rather than going up, despite getting regular visitors to my blog.

May be they're updating the new version. (My dashboard says 'O/L = Offline'.) Let's see how it goes..

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #5 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 1:52pm

venkat wrote on 15th Nov, 2013 at 9:48am:
Grrr... My earnings has gone down by 20 cents rather than going up, despite getting regular visitors to my blog.

May be they're updating the new version. (My dashboard says 'O/L = Offline'.) Let's see how it goes..

Didn't you say you can't get paid anyway? Unless you're still hoping to get paid somewhere down the road?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #6 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 2:31pm

dansbanners wrote on 15th Nov, 2013 at 1:52pm:
Didn't you say you can't get paid anyway? Unless you're still hoping to get paid somewhere down the road?

As far as I know they are not allowed to have an account balance in PayPal..
So if they get paid by a program it all gets in transfer directly to their bank
and everything that goes with that (delays etc).

I think the problem with PayPal is that they can't make direct purchases using it..
We've discussed about it before.. I'll search for the thread..

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #7 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 3:42pm

Yeah, SS is correct. I can receive funds via paypal, but I cannot spend. And I cannot hold it there either. Whatever balance I have in paypal, it gets transferred to my bank automatically on daily balance. This is the case for Indians.

Thanks to previous 10 level system, I'm almost near $50, and I've referred 2 advertisers too. The only thing that's pending is, I have to buy impressions. (Unfortunately, they don't allow to buy via our earnings. I mean, they don't give us 'Advertiser' status, if we buy via our earnings.)

And much bad thing is, all my VISA cards don't process through.  Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #8 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 5:23pm

venkat wrote on 15th Nov, 2013 at 3:42pm:
Yeah, SS is correct. I can receive funds via paypal, but I cannot spend. And I cannot hold it there either.

No problem. Glad to hear that you could at least still get paid through paypal.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #9 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 8:29pm

Yeah, SS is correct. I can receive funds via paypal, but I cannot spend. And I cannot hold it there either. Whatever balance I have in paypal, it gets transferred to my bank automatically on daily balance. This is the case for Indians.

Thanks to previous 10 level system, I'm almost near $50, and I've referred 2 advertisers too. The only thing that's pending is, I have to buy impressions. (Unfortunately, they don't allow to buy via our earnings. I mean, they don't give us 'Advertiser' status, if we buy via our earnings.)

Wow! India is going to be a huge online business (and every other business for that matter) mecca in the future. Paypal would be wise to make it very easy for Indians to do business. That would endear them to Indian customers, build brand loyalty and give them a huge lead on any other payment processor (like bitcoin soon) that might try to get a foothold in the country

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #10 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 9:49pm

moneymarketing wrote on 15th Nov, 2013 at 8:29pm:
Wow! India is going to be a huge online business (and every other business for that matter) mecca in the future. Paypal would be wise to make it very easy for Indians to do business. That would endear them to Indian customers, build brand loyalty and give them a huge lead on any other payment processor (like bitcoin soon) that might try to get a foothold in the country

In a weird way it's not a PayPal's cause this time.. Smiley
It's the Indian banks that do not allow good use of it..

On the other hand, I'm now thinking that this measurement prevents money loss caused by a PayPal limitation..  Grin
Since no money is left in PayPal balance.. at least there's no way of losing what you earn online..

Maybe if you contacted their support and let them know of the situation they made an exception
for your case (maybe grand you the advertiser status by using your balance to purchase advertising)..
but still that would mean there will be no or much less funds to withdraw afterwards..  Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #11 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 10:16pm

By the way I'm not sure if I'm the only one but today I noticed a drop in my balance..
Yesterday I had $31.39 and today I saw $31.15.. I've contacted their support and will update you when they reply.

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #12 - 16th Nov, 2013 at 4:58am

Yeah... I too noticed it.

I thought it was due to their updating the new version and that it would come back. But it seems it's gone. (I lost around 20 cents.)

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #13 - 16th Nov, 2013 at 2:12pm

venkat wrote on 16th Nov, 2013 at 4:58am:
Yeah... I too noticed it.

I thought it was due to their updating the new version and that it would come back. But it seems it's gone. (I lost around 20 cents.)

I think it might be the removal of some bonuses received by the lower-than-1st-tier downlines we used to have.
I'm waiting for their reply to my ticket.. if this is the case I think I'll kindly throw it to their face in my next reply..

I'll let you know if I have any updates..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #14 - 21st Nov, 2013 at 3:14am

Some update..

Me, 11/15/2013 10:30 pm   
Quote:
Hello, I'm noticing a few issues in my account during the last few days.

Firstly, regarding my direct referrals. Since before the latest changes I had 9 active referrals in my 1st level of downline but now I only see 1 in the dashboard. Have the criteria for being active changed with the new system?

Also today I noticed that my account balance decreased.
I track it daily and here is my recent history of it :

31.15 - got an active referral (+$0.02 in the same day)
31.17 - got an active referral (+$0.02 in the same day)
31.15 <- Today

Please keep me informed in case you have any updates.
Thanks in advance!

RefBan Support, 11/20/2013 7:52 pm   Richard S
Quote:
Hi SolidSnake,

Very sorry for the delay.

We've had a lot of database problems over the last few days, but your stats should now be displaying correctly.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Me, 11/21/2013 1:11 am   
Quote:
Well, sorry to say but they seem to be even worse now..

87,092 banners shown
1 active referrals
$0.02 earned daily

Not only my account is left with only 1 active referral (out of 9 in my 1st tier before the upgrade)
Plus now it says that my daily rate appears to be $0.02 (so the $0.10 that I normally get as an advertiser is missing..)

I really hope the system will finally stabilize..

Refban seems to be so messed up lately..
Are your stats appearing "normal" (if anything there could be considered normal now)?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print