Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com - New Model Updates! (Read 86513 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: RefBan.com - New Model Updates!
Reply #105 - 23rd Jun, 2014 at 4:23pm

ruicarlov wrote on 23rd Jun, 2014 at 4:18pm:
The dictionary gives it away:

rouge - 1. An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal.

Well, you mean "rogue".. as "rouge" is a whole different thing... Google it and laugh.. Smiley

Hmm.. now that I think of it again though.. women might use "rouge" at some cases for "rogue" purposes.. so the terms may be connected.. Roll Eyes

Ok, I sound like a sexist now.. sorry.. not my intention..  Tongue

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #106 - 24th Jun, 2014 at 2:17pm

Sorry, it was a typo.  Tongue

I meant to write rogue.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #107 - 19th Aug, 2014 at 8:56pm

Hey guys, check this out.. :

Quote:
The creators of RefBan have just launched a brand new site! VIRU5 is a viral advertising network based on the number 5. You can earn money simply by telling your friends about it - they don't have to buy anything!

Members get paid for friends on 5 levels, so there's huge income potential. Upgrade to Pro to earn even more! Pro members also benefit from detailed stats, advanced link tracking and advertising credits.

Don't miss out on this great chance to earn some extra cash and to promote your links, products and services to a brand new audience! Sign up today via the link below - it's free!

http://viru5.com/

A fresh start!

2 years ago we came up with a unique concept for a new kind of banner network. Since then over 400 million banners have been served by over 70 thousand members.

Referral Banners has been generating revenue since launch and has huge potential for increased growth and profitability. However, our team is now overstretched and we need time for new projects like VIRU5.

For this reason we're looking for someone that will, most importantly, look after our members and can also maintain development for continued success.

Potential bidders can contact us directly via support[at]refban.com  IMPORTANT: If you have a general support query you should still contact http://ticksup.com

This email is being sent to over 50,000 people, but if no bidders can be found by September we'll be creating a public auction on Flippa.

Massive thanks to you all for supporting RefBan over the last couple of years. We hope the new owner will make the network even more profitable for everyone.

It came through email by the RefBan owners..
I think this is the best way they could say that RefBan is on sale and they have opened a new site to move on...  Smiley

PS... I forgot to mention that it's another "Orange" site...  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #108 - 19th Aug, 2014 at 9:07pm

SolidSnake wrote on 19th Aug, 2014 at 8:56pm:
Hey guys, check this out.. :

It came through email by the RefBan owners..
I think this is the best way they could say that RefBan is on sale and they have opened a new site to move on...  Smiley

PS... I forgot to mention that it's another "Orange" site...  Roll Eyes

Grin

I wonder how much they'll get for it. I hope the new owners tweak it to give people the incentive to contribute again

This Viru5 site doesn't look very remarkable. It seems very generic and clone like. And I sure wish I could trust them regarding the 5 levels, but they tend to change the rules in the middle of the game. If I were to make an effort to bring in hundreds of referrals on many levels, how do I know they won't capture them all by taking them away when it is time to pay out?

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #109 - 19th Aug, 2014 at 10:09pm

moneymarketing wrote on 19th Aug, 2014 at 9:07pm:
Grin

I wonder how much they'll get for it. I hope the new owners tweak it to give people the incentive to contribute again

This Viru5 site doesn't look very remarkable. It seems very generic and clone like. And I sure wish I could trust them regarding the 5 levels, but they tend to change the rules in the middle of the game. If I were to make an effort to bring in hundreds of referrals on many levels, how do I know they won't capture them all by taking them away when it is time to pay out?

Exactly..! Losing the trust is a real barrier from further success in this industry..
But still their plan was a bit too generous in my opinion in the beginning.. and turned against them in the end.

However there this old saying.. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!"
Having a sustainable enough plan is a must, but one should also keep in mind how the members motivation will stay up over time.

Their first change of plan destroyed that motivation.. their increase of prices ruined what was left.. so any chance of a recovery was lost..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #110 - 3rd Sep, 2014 at 4:36am

Well, now that's an interesting update.. Smiley

Quote:
We're extremely disappointed to announce that despite contacting thousands of people, we have been unable to find a suitable buyer for Referral Banners. We assume results will be the same on Flippa, so there won't be a public auction either.

This puts us in a very difficult position and we now have to do everything we can to keep the site open. This unfortunately means the following...

1. Members will no longer earn from displaying banners, but will continue to earn from affiliate sales and referral upgrades.

2. After September 3rd RefBan will effectively become a banner exchange. All impressions generated will be stored for advertising.

3. Outstanding cashouts will be processed within the next 90 days. Regular cashouts will return in October.

These drastic changes should hopefully create enough revenue to keep RefBan online. However, if the site is still unable to pay for its own hosting by the end of September, we may have to consider closure.

This is a sad end for a project with so much potential. Our sincere apologies to all members, but after investing so much time and money over the last two years, we've reached the limit of our resources.

Another banner exchange would be ok, I guess.. Ok! I pick #2! Cheesy

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #111 - 3rd Sep, 2014 at 5:55pm

I wonder if a viru5 got in and made them do this. Tongue

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Good thing I cashed out my $100 and never logged in ever since.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #112 - 3rd Sep, 2014 at 9:57pm

ruicarlov wrote on 3rd Sep, 2014 at 5:55pm:
I wonder if a viru5 got in and made them do this. Tongue

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Good thing I cashed out my $100 and never logged in ever since.

Yes, it's no surprise.. Smiley
Too bad they changed the system right when I reached the payout.. Now I've got $60.88 stuck in there..  Money eyes

Btw, the way you say it.. considering that you are not surprised at all... and that you made it to cashout.. and that you never logged in ever since... and that you are talking about viru5.... and.... OMG... it was you, wasn't it?!?  Shocked

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #113 - 4th Sep, 2014 at 12:23pm

Who knows. I'll leave that to your imagination.... *evil laugh*

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator