Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Opinion about One-up or two-up sites (Read 14731 times)
venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Opinion about One-up or two-up sites
9th Nov, 2013 at 8:42am

What do you think of programs like All-in-one-profits and few other sites like that? (wealth2extreme was little popular earlier, but now the domain itself is invalid.)

When we promote, we get referrals. Few of our referrals are passed up to our upline. Similarly, we receive referrals from our referrals.

I see that they don't get enough welcome.

What's your first impression when you hear programs like that?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Opinion about One-up or two-up sites
Reply #1 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 12:35pm

Well, I can share my experience with CashInOnBanners.. at first I found it interesting enough
and decided to work on it. Quoting the how it works instructions for readers that might not know it :

Quote:
Here is how this plan works:
The first new upgraded member you've referred pays you $10 directly (by PayPal or AlertPay) and becomes a member of your team. You've already got your money back!
The second one you refer rolls up to your referrer, who also gets the payment of $10.
The third one pays you and stays in your team. You've started making money!
The fourth one is transferred to your referrer, who also gets the money.
All members you refer after that, no matter how many, pay you directly and stay in your team.

So I upgraded my account almost immediately after joining and started promoting it.
My payment went to some 2up-upline that I don't really know.. (at least I made someone happy  Smiley)

Then after some time of promoting I've got 19 referrals in my 1st tier but no upgrades at all..
I benefited from the traffic but none of them stayed active nor upgraded, and I didn't get any
leads from that traffic as well. So I'm kinda disappointed by it and I now prefer to work on
programs where it's simpler to earn or benefit from traffic, from our direct referrals and more
downline levels if available. BoB is a good example of that type.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #2 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 2:00pm

SolidSnake wrote on 9th Nov, 2013 at 12:35pm:
BoB is a good example of that type.

You could even promote BoB in CIOB and earn more impressions which is what I'm doing.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 3:24pm

venkat wrote on 9th Nov, 2013 at 8:42am:
What do you think of programs like All-in-one-profits and few other sites like that? (wealth2extreme was little popular earlier, but now the domain itself is invalid.)

When we promote, we get referrals. Few of our referrals are passed up to our upline. Similarly, we receive referrals from our referrals.

I see that they don't get enough welcome.

What's your first impression when you hear programs like that?

I think any program is good if it is fair, has a good price and offers a good product. I tried AIOP myself and was able to get some referrals to it myself. The problem is that, even at $10 per month, not a lot of people in the PTC industry can spend that type of money, so you need to send a lot of traffic to it in order to get your people. I wasn't committed to that at this point because my traffic is comitted to maintaining and building the traffic base I currently have.

CIOB is also a great program and, once you build your base of referrals the right way, then you have a perpetual referral growth machine under you. Mine is sort of that way but being a life time upgrade, it doesn't matter because I am getting a constant stream of free banners anyway.

The difference between CIOB, BoB and AIOP is that in AIOP you must be paid up to be in the program. This has always been a weak point for programs like that. Sites need to find a way to keep free members in the site in order for them to go out and do that advertising it takes to find the paid members. BoB and CIOB do that, in my opinion.

Where these all are great ideas is that they pay wide and the pay deep. The paying deep is where you can build a legacy income or ad base(upon which you can build an income). I call them perpetual growth machines because once they are built, they just keep growing and compounding until you can't help but to get rich off them. The pennies per day you earn turn into dollars and then thousands of dollars.

I estimate that you only need to build a referral base of 1000 members(of strangers, not of friends like we do with some of these programs) first level and then the thing will take on a life of its own. A good example clixsense. I have 838 members first level(though, due to the site kicking inactive member I'd probably have more than 2000). Those 838 members have built a team that has now reached down to the fifth level and is growing daily. That is going to keep happening until I am gone (assuming the site stays alive)

That is the the benefit of sites like this and BoB is no different. Thanks to Dan's work at the site, My team is already built down to four levels. If I were to put a little more effort into it, then getting to the 1000 first level member goal would not be a problem and my traffic would take off  Smiley

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #4 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 4:44pm

P.S. This is where the frustration comes in regarding refban. We were putting the things in place to build another of those perpetual growth machines and then he pulled the opportunity out from under us

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #5 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 5:59pm

moneymarketing wrote on 9th Nov, 2013 at 3:24pm:
Sites need to find a way to keep free members in the site in order for them to go out and do that advertising it takes to find the paid members.

Yes, we learned from experience a while ago that programs that only accept paid members are difficult to succeed with. "Finding a way to keep free members in", taking that to the next level, a program should accept free members to begin with.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #6 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 6:04pm

Cause once you get the free members in, they could always also upgrade somewhere down the road. Whereas in a paid-only, it's "too much too soon" for some. Some would sometime rather test out the program first and then see where they go from there, etc.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #7 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 6:40pm

dansbanners wrote on 9th Nov, 2013 at 6:04pm:
Cause once you get the free members in, they could always also upgrade somewhere down the road. Whereas in a paid-only, it's "too much too soon" for some. Some would sometime rather test out the program first and then see where they go from there, etc. 

It is funny how so many owners preach about 'building their mailing list'  and yet few of them realize that the free members are their mailing list. And many businesses will talk about how it is easier and cheaper to upsell an existing customer than to go out and find a new one. These free members are the potential upsell. Marketing studies have shown that someone needs to be marketed up to 8 times before a sale is made. What a better way to market than to sell to captive free members that are already on your mailing list

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #8 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 11:10pm

Well, refban wasn't and still isn't a paid only site.. one doesn't have to upgrade in order to earn.
However, in order to withdraw we need referrals that purchase something.. we don't have to make
any sales by ourselves.. but we must get referrals that do. It's a bit different from paid-only sites.

Of course, after all someone has to pay.. but isn't that the same to all other sites? Smiley
If no member has to pay.. then it's the admin and that makes the site unsustainable..

It's the main reason that I didn't open a PTC site myself.. And that's why I decided to open
an advertising site where I don't have to pay anyone anything beside the traffic expenses.

I sell an advertising product and advertisers pay me for that. They buy the exposure that I sell.
So there's no way to end up in debt this way.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #9 - 10th Nov, 2013 at 1:17am

SolidSnake wrote on 9th Nov, 2013 at 11:10pm:
Well, refban wasn't and still isn't a paid only site.. one doesn't have to upgrade in order to earn.
However, in order to withdraw we need referrals that purchase something.. we don't have to make
any sales by ourselves.. but we must get referrals that do. It's a bit different from paid-only sites.

No, it was not that refban was paid only. The benefit to us at refban was the ten levels. That is where you can make the big money and where you get the perpetual motion

Quote:
Of course, after all someone has to pay.. but isn't that the same to all other sites? Smiley
If no member has to pay.. then it's the admin and that makes the site unsustainable..

I agree completely, but it can't be all pay only. Paid members pay the bills as we say but it is usually the free members that drive the traffic. You need a mix of both and both have their purposes. Getting the mix right is the difference between success and failure. If you charge too much, then you won't get enough paid members. If you charge too little then the site goes broke even as the free members flood into your site.

And I'm not saying paid only sites can't do well, they can, but most of them charge so much for people to get in that they set too high a threshold for the regular PTC and internet marketing community. At the rates that many charge, they can't create a member base quick enough to offset the quitters. The problem with many of the paid sites is that they don't give a return on investment fast enough to cover both membership fees and the cost to advertise for more members

David

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #10 - 10th Nov, 2013 at 11:35am

To some extent, particularly when the site is new, the admins need themselves to be effective marketers. (Unfortunately, good admins many times are not good marketers.)

I've joined one such one-up site (with one time $5). Though the admin was good, he was not good at promoting and eventually there was not big success.

Though I'm promoting it everywhere (or wherever I can), I'm getting little success. That's why I wanted to know about what impressions these programs make.

I think these programs don't make any big impression at first, but repeated promotions may bring new members. Apart from that, programs that disappear even before we build our team create a bad impression on this type of unfamiliar opportunities.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #11 - 10th Nov, 2013 at 1:35pm

venkat wrote on 10th Nov, 2013 at 11:35am:
To some extent, particularly when the site is new, the admins need themselves to be effective marketers. (Unfortunately, good admins many times are not good marketers.)

I've joined one such one-up site (with one time $5). Though the admin was good, he was not good at promoting and eventually there was not big success.

Though I'm promoting it everywhere (or wherever I can), I'm getting little success. That's why I wanted to know about what impressions these programs make.

I think these programs don't make any big impression at first, but repeated promotions may bring new members. Apart from that, programs that disappear even before we build our team create a bad impression on this type of unfamiliar opportunities.

I think it's not so much that they don't "make a better impression". It's just that many members are just reluctant to join a paid only program and would rather join for free and all. And that some of the free members would also rather analyze the program first and then determine if they'd like to upgrade or not. Rather than be forced to pay it all when joining.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #12 - 10th Nov, 2013 at 4:48pm

dansbanners wrote on 10th Nov, 2013 at 1:35pm:
I think it's not so much that they don't "make a better impression". It's just that many members are just reluctant to join a paid only program and would rather join for free and all. And that some of the free members would also rather analyze the program first and then determine if they'd like to upgrade or not. Rather than be forced to pay it all when joining.

Yes, and that is kind of the fault of the industry. With so many sites 'taking the money and running' there is not a lot of trust in the industry. That is why it can sometimes take over a year for a site to be established. Many people are not willing to trust. I'll go back to the Refban example. We had an established owner who set the rules a certain way. We all trusted him and got on board the opportunity only to see him change the rules in the middle of the game. This is from an established owner.

If people who supposedly know what they are doing are pulling tricks like this (for whatever reason), how can the community trust brand new sites with unfamiliar ownership? Why would anyone want to give money to an untested site, owner and marketing concept unless they already have a lot of cash flow, can afford to 'gamble' and want to get in before everyone else does?

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #13 - 10th Nov, 2013 at 8:19pm

moneymarketing wrote on 10th Nov, 2013 at 4:48pm:
Yes, and that is kind of the fault of the industry. With so many sites 'taking the money and running' there is not a lot of trust in the industry. That is why it can sometimes take over a year for a site to be established. Many people are not willing to trust. I'll go back to the Refban example. We had an established owner who set the rules a certain way. We all trusted him and got on board the opportunity only to see him change the rules in the middle of the game. This is from an established owner.

If people who supposedly know what they are doing are pulling tricks like this (for whatever reason), how can the community trust brand new sites with unfamiliar ownership? Why would anyone want to give money to an untested site, owner and marketing concept unless they already have a lot of cash flow, can afford to 'gamble' and want to get in before everyone else does?

First, keep in mind that one could still join Refban as a free member. Secondly, you keep bringing up Refban as an example, I personally think what happened with PTCBox was alot worse. And that the potential to make alot of $$$ was really there with PTCBox and I never really quite saw the same thing with Refban. IMHO.

Secondly, don't blame it all on the owners. Some of it is also on the members. Some of them act like it's a BIG deal just to spend $5 bucks. We have seen that in some of the programs, even some of the established ones. They are the ones that are willing to do tons of clicks just to cash out a couple of bucks and they are the ones that make a big deal of those "I JUST GOT PAID $2 DOLLARS!" payments and all.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #14 - 11th Nov, 2013 at 12:43am

dansbanners wrote on 10th Nov, 2013 at 8:19pm:
Secondly, don't blame it all on the owners. Some of it is also on the members. Some of them act like it's a BIG deal just to spend $5 bucks. We have seen that in some of the programs, even some of the established ones. They are the ones that are willing to do tons of clicks just to cash out a couple of bucks and they are the ones that make a big deal of those "I JUST GOT PAID $2 DOLLARS!" payments and all.

Well, this is where the culture mix comes into play.. $2 and $5 bucks might really be pretty low for us..
But when in some countries it is equal to a day's full time heavy job wage.. some people might be more than
happy to do thousands of clicks a day to get it.. It is a big deal for them..

However of course when people that are actually able to invest keep acting like that then I agree it is kinda annoying..
the internet is not a place where it's raining cash.. Some people just don't get that and get upset when they realize
that they have to invest, study and work on something to succeed..

Also, one cause of this is the way some people like to advertise their programs..
All those advertising slogans : "Make unlimited money online doing nothing!", "Earn thousands from home easily",
"Come with me, I will show you step by step how to make thousands with no investment, no skills, no experience, no knowledge required.." etc.

Most of these are at the best case very unethical.. and the worst is that people are actually buying it..
How to make them trust this business again after they realize they only got fooled..?

Anyway, at any case, I try to be positive and maybe even get a bit excited with everyone that is excited
for his payment no matter how big or small it is.. to encourage them to keep working actively on this industry.

Proper motivation can lead to miracles..   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print