Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com - New Model Updates! (Read 86693 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: RefBan.com - New Model Updates!
Reply #60 - 15th May, 2014 at 7:05am

venkat wrote on 15th May, 2014 at 4:50am:
I think there is no minimum requirement of impressions.

My blog gets very few visitors lately, yet I get the 5 cents daily. Hardly I get 2 or 3 visitors and around 5 to 10 banner impressions a day.

btw venkat you still haven't been able to make the purchase right? But you have already done the 2+ sales..
What if we could make a deal with them and send them the upgrade money for you.. would you be able to cashout afterwards?

Oh, btw this one is new isn't it? (in their FAQ page..)

Quote:
I'm displaying banners, why am I not earning?

To earn the guaranteed daily amount, you need real people to view your published banners every day. Real visitors are people that have reached your pages or links naturally. Examples...
> Telling people / advertising your website address
> Linking via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc
> People finding your pages via search engines

We do not count visitors that have been purchased and/or sent direct. Examples include...

> Paid To Click (PTC) and 'bux' sites
> Manual / automatic traffic exchanges
> Bulk sources, like pop-ups / pop-unders

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #61 - 15th May, 2014 at 7:40am

SolidSnake wrote on 15th May, 2014 at 7:05am:
btw venkat you still haven't been able to make the purchase right? But you have already done the 2+ sales..
What if we could make a deal with them and send them the upgrade money for you.. would you be able to cashout afterwards?

Oh, btw this one is new isn't it? (in their FAQ page..)

and they wonder why no one wants to promote them. Not everyone has organic traffic out there. To say that PTC traffic doesn't get clicks is to lie to yourself. Maybe the traffic isn't of as high of value but there is still value there. Maybe they could put that traffic on a lower earning tier. Then they would be inviting an industry of millions in. Or maybe they figure they can just ignore a million member industry that is pretty closely aligned to themselves in regards to potential customers  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 15th May, 2014 at 7:48am by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #62 - 15th May, 2014 at 1:24pm

I think that's a fair policy.

I wouldn't want my banners via an ad-network shown to PTC users. If I want, I can either buy directly from the PTC site or redeem my earnings.

If they allow PTC and TE, there would be lots and lots of members to just include the code and promote in TEs. Ultimately advertisers may leave the site.

The thing that's still weird is their condition to make sales. Can't they keep the advertisers and publishers separate as every other network people do?  Dont know

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #63 - 15th May, 2014 at 2:48pm

I've been unable to contact support. Rented refs expire today, and I have no idea how to renew them.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #64 - 15th May, 2014 at 6:25pm

venkat wrote on 15th May, 2014 at 1:24pm:
I think that's a fair policy.

I wouldn't want my banners via an ad-network shown to PTC users. If I want, I can either buy directly from the PTC site or redeem my earnings.

If they allow PTC and TE, there would be lots and lots of members to just include the code and promote in TEs. Ultimately advertisers may leave the site.

The thing that's still weird is their condition to make sales. Can't they keep the advertisers and publishers separate as every other network people do?  Dont know

That's also true.. I don't believe in TE traffic anymore.. I believe it's just a bunch of freebies that are only interested in promoting their own site and unwilling to do more than just clicking the right image to go to the next site...

PTC users are also close to that sometimes but the good thing is that they are actually interested in joining more PTCs..
So it's basically good to advertise PTCs on PTCs.. Smiley

When you want to promote something more expensive or a product that is unrelated to this industry though.. it would be better to do it on a site like that where the traffic is better targeted and absolutely non incentive.. like an ad network that is not PTC oriented..

@Venkat - I just checked that the upgrade price for one month is just $9.. so it's definitely doable. Would you mind asking them if that is possible (because of your country's limitations) to have a friend pay for you? I would do it myself but it might be risky as they could suspect us for using multiple accounts or sth. I think it would be better if we did so before the new changes where they might change their cashout policy to sth else.. Let me know if you have any updates. Smiley

ruicarlov wrote on 15th May, 2014 at 2:48pm:
I've been unable to contact support. Rented refs expire today, and I have no idea how to renew them.

I can't help much there as I've never rented any... but isn't there any link when you browse them? And also are they worthy of extending, how did they go so far?

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #65 - 16th May, 2014 at 7:53am

I asked them long back about that. They came up with some other alternate, but it didn't work.  (They told me to try my friend's cards, but it was little weird to ask my friends their cards for making purchase online. My friends, would give their card to me personally for a purchase in the stores, but when they hear the word "online", they're scared.)

I asked about upgrade using my earnings, but they denied it.

I just thought that I could wait until I accumulate $100 and then making an offer with someone to buy advertising. It may take another 3 or 4 months. I decided to wait until that time.  Feeling beat up

Meanwhile, if I get my card processed that would be fine. Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #66 - 16th May, 2014 at 2:21pm

venkat wrote on 16th May, 2014 at 7:53am:
I asked about upgrade using my earnings, but they denied it.

Looks like you can do it now but I don't think it's a good idea.. lol

Quote:
1. Week 1 - Starting 12th May.

We've had several requests from users that they want to upgrade their accounts with their earned balance. For this reason we'll be cancelling all currently outstanding cashouts to enable those users to make a choice. We'll be offering upgrades at a cut price of $50 per year instead of $89, so it's a great way to save money while making it. Of course, this will also give us more funds to work with, so please don't just cashout again straight away and give upgrading proper consideration. This price is available for a limited time only and you may not see this offer again.

My question is .. why would someone pay $50 or $89 to upgrade when an advertising pack costs only $9 and is supposed to upgrade one's account to advertiser..? Is that bonus removed or sth? Well, I'll contact them and try to make them talk..  Roll Eyes hmm.. nicely.  Grin

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #67 - 16th May, 2014 at 2:58pm

The advertising pack no longer gives upgrade. It's been a while since this has been in effect.

As for the rented referrals, most of them weren't good, but there were some that were publishers, or had purchased advertising before. One referral has earned me +$3, another $1 and several cents from some others. I wanted to renew those. Fortunately, it seems they didn't disappear yet, even though the rental period expired yesterday.

But it looks like the contact form is working again today, so I'll try now.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #68 - 16th May, 2014 at 5:51pm

ruicarlov wrote on 16th May, 2014 at 2:58pm:
The advertising pack no longer gives upgrade. It's been a while since this has been in effect.

As for the rented referrals, most of them weren't good, but there were some that were publishers, or had purchased advertising before. One referral has earned me +$3, another $1 and several cents from some others. I wanted to renew those. Fortunately, it seems they didn't disappear yet, even though the rental period expired yesterday.

But it looks like the contact form is working again today, so I'll try now.

Oh, now that you mention it.. I remember it being the reason I re-purchased a pack to extend my membership..
so I guess it's no use. Anyway let's just wait for their new model..

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #69 - 17th May, 2014 at 6:42am

Hands down Wow.. !! Someone purchased Monthly Pro-upgrade in my team.

Now, I don't have to make any further sale, but to reach the $100 mark. Already $72+, so I think I will just wait (may be another year Tongue ) to reach it.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #70 - 17th May, 2014 at 2:41pm

venkat wrote on 17th May, 2014 at 6:42am:
Hands down Wow.. !! Someone purchased Monthly Pro-upgrade in my team.

Now, I don't have to make any further sale, but to reach the $100 mark. Already $72+, so I think I will just wait (may be another year Tongue ) to reach it.

Good things happen to those who wait.. that's what they say, isn't it? Smiley

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #71 - 19th May, 2014 at 9:56am

My impression count is not going up and I'm not earning the 5 cents daily, though I got 7 more visitors in the past 2 days.

Either their new model is causing it or they have added some other Censored rule.  Dont know

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #72 - 26th May, 2014 at 10:10am

What happened to the daily guaranteed earning system? Now we earn 1 / 2 cents per 1000 views. Wonderful.  Censored

Quote:
Pro Free
Earned per thousand views (rCPM) $0.02 $0.01
Earned daily per active referral $0.02 $0.01
Referral sign-up bonus (each) $0.10 $0.05
Referral activity bonus (each) $1.00 $0.50
Affiliate sales commission 30% 15%
Maximum earnings per sale $57.00 $28.50

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #73 - 26th May, 2014 at 11:25am

$0.02 / $0.01 per thousand views is very low compared to other network ads but the worst point of that is that they do not accept PTC traffic as well.. Quoting from their FAQ :

Quote:
I'm displaying banners, why am I not earning?

To earn with our rCPM model you need real people to view your published banners. These are visitors that have reached your pages or links naturally. Examples...

> Telling people / advertising your website address
> Linking via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc
> People finding your pages via search engines

We do not count visitors that have been purchased and/or sent direct. Examples include...

> Paid To Click (PTC) and 'bux' sites
> Manual / automatic traffic exchanges
> Bulk sources, like pop-ups / pop-unders

However, these visitors may join as your referral, so you can still earn from them.

I will test it on my ads page to see if their "filters" are properly placed and let you know.

Either way if someone is not receiving a couple of thousands of visitors daily that do not come from PTCs (which is highly unlikely unless we are google, yahoo, facebook or twitter affiliated or sth) RefBan will not make much sense as a money making program anymore..

Also another good question is, if they only pay $0.02 / 1000 views (=$0.30 / 15000 views) then why do they charge $15 / 15000 views? Isn't that a bit greedy..?

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #74 - 26th May, 2014 at 6:00pm

What joy, today I earned $0.00128  Money

Loving this new model.

Angry

Besides, aren't we supposed to earn $0.02 per cpm from referrals. Because either I all my referrals stopped publishing today, or I got zero downline earnings.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print