Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 90
Send Topic Print
My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com (Read 765774 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com
Reply #585 - 3rd Feb, 2015 at 10:05pm

moneymarketing wrote on 3rd Feb, 2015 at 6:57pm:
The shocking part was his position in the company. He had such a vital role that he could have written his paycheck himself. That is the crazy part

Well, my best guess is that he only didn't have access to Jo's PayPal account so he had to make the transfer happen through the system and in order for that to work it had to go with tiny amounts to pass unnoticed..

I still don't want to think what he can do if he is keeping a full database copy in his hands..

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #586 - 4th Feb, 2015 at 2:46pm

moneymarketing wrote on 3rd Feb, 2015 at 8:10pm:
and another milestone reached. I just became #20 on the referral list at paidverts after passing the illustrious banner making legend incognito007! I consider that an accomplishment!  Cool Smiley

Congrats on reaching the milestone! Cool

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #587 - 4th Feb, 2015 at 7:08pm

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #588 - 5th Feb, 2015 at 5:41pm

Btw, I've noticed this little info under the daily ad issues table from a few days ago :

Quote:
** Also take note! I'm trying something at the moment, to reduce the number of pending unclicked ad views. (And potentially paving the way for automated ad issues)
... Next to each BAP group, i've added an extra column, indicating the value ads each group will receive. Eg. Group 1 (1600-12000) got all their ads as follows: $0.005 x 18 and $0.006 x 1.

** So if you dont want to miss out on your ad isues, set your ad filter to the value shown for your group... Let's see how this works out!

And I was wondering why I was receiving so many $0.10 ads these past few days..
Lucky me, my filter is set exactly right on my group's ad issue value..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #589 - 5th Feb, 2015 at 11:06pm

SolidSnake wrote on 5th Feb, 2015 at 5:41pm:
Btw, I've noticed this little info under the daily ad issues table from a few days ago :

And I was wondering why I was receiving so many $0.10 ads these past few days..
Lucky me, my filter is set exactly right on my group's ad issue value..

I think it's great that he is standardizing the ad delivery. We finally convinced him that PTCers live for stability and consistency and any deviation from that causes them to panic.

There is still work but we have come far. It looks like we'll have a huge ad weekend if all the hype around the big ad issue lives up to half the hype  Money

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #590 - 7th Feb, 2015 at 3:52pm

It is mind boggling to me that people can't grasp if you don't receive ads on one day that the revenue will just spill into the next day and you get it then (assuming Rich decides to pay it out). They think they have lost a day and that the day should be made up for somewhere else  Shocked Undecided

Humanity scares me sometimes Dont know

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #591 - 9th Feb, 2015 at 12:30pm

Something that also helps is purchasing that cheap "receive recycled ads" upgrade for only $0.05.
This way we receive additional recycled ads that other people failed to click.
Today I received an additional $0.60 just by that.. Smiley

The "upgrade" only costs $0.05, it does not consume BAPs (other than the normal BAPs consumed when we receive ads) and it is valid until it grants us ads worth $1+ so it's a nice speed up.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #592 - 9th Feb, 2015 at 4:27pm

SolidSnake wrote on 9th Feb, 2015 at 12:30pm:
Something that also helps is purchasing that cheap "receive recycled ads" upgrade for only $0.05.
This way we receive additional recycled ads that other people failed to click.
Today I received an additional $0.60 just by that.. Smiley

The "upgrade" only costs $0.05, it does not consume BAPs (other than the normal BAPs consumed when we receive ads) and it is valid until it grants us ads worth $1+ so it's a nice speed up.

Yes, it is much better than the other upgrades because you are guaranteed a minimum amount which just happens to be 20 times your cost. And since it never expires, it really is a no lose proposition. Sure, you could lose your 5 cents but the company would have to disappear before that happens

I also like what one of the guys is doing. He buys the upgrade but his filter is set on $1. So only the biggest recycles come in like it is free money. He doesn't have to worry about the hassles of the 'small' clicks
« Last Edit: 9th Feb, 2015 at 4:41pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #593 - 9th Feb, 2015 at 5:37pm

moneymarketing wrote on 9th Feb, 2015 at 4:27pm:
I also like what one of the guys is doing. He buys the upgrade but his filter is set on $1. So only the biggest recycles come in like it is free money. He doesn't have to worry about the hassles of the 'small' clicks

Except now that no longer works unless you're one of the 50 people with over 20 MILLION BAP, who are the only ones that are getting >$1 ads in the daily issues.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #594 - 9th Feb, 2015 at 7:27pm

Well, I logged in a few moments ago and ...OMG! THIS IS SCARY!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Edited:
And the number is growing..  Feeling beat up

Edited:
Pff.. the news say that I'm supposed to receive ~$22 so I guess that means I need to click 220 x $0.10 ads  Undecided
« Last Edit: 9th Feb, 2015 at 8:48pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #595 - 9th Feb, 2015 at 8:49pm

well.. if I make it.. it will be $22 in one day so I guess I'll be fine  Grin

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #596 - 10th Feb, 2015 at 12:08pm

Jesus Christ guacamole!

I nearly flipped when I logged in close to midnight to find over 150 ads. I was afraid I wasn't going to get any sleep last night. I ended up staying awake after 1am to click a bit over 100 ads, and left around 50 to click this morning, since I had a couple of hours left in their timer.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #597 - 10th Feb, 2015 at 3:36pm

ruicarlov wrote on 10th Feb, 2015 at 12:08pm:
Jesus Christ guacamole!

I nearly flipped when I logged in close to midnight to find over 150 ads. I was afraid I wasn't going to get any sleep last night. I ended up staying awake after 1am to click a bit over 100 ads, and left around 50 to click this morning, since I had a couple of hours left in their timer.

Same story.. Smiley

I think I missed only a few (less than $1) due to them expiring.. that was kinda extreme...
I work on dual monitors so yesterday night I put on a movie in one and clicked ads in the other one..lol

The feeling is like that scene in some movies where for some reason it's raining dollars and one just can't make it to collect it all..  Smiley

Well, I won't complain about this.. it's actually fair enough because we actually need to do some simple and repetitive work to receive cash in return.. that looks much like a real job so I'm ok with that.. In my offline job I get ~$5 per hour for coding.. so this is even better as clicking 60 ads an hour would get me $6..  Smiley

Think about this.. a few years ago we were praying for this to happen in other PTCs.. so we should be grateful for this..
I think we would even call our-[present]-selves whiners if we could see us complaining about receiving 200+ ads of $0.10 value..  Grin

Smiley...

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #598 - 10th Feb, 2015 at 5:45pm

I'm not complaining about the number of ads. But the timing was a bit on the bad side.

But on another topic, I realized something interesting. A simple way to get on vacation mode. With the recent changes, the value of the ads delivered is pretty much the same, and depends only on the BAP level.
Like Snake, I'm on level 7 and have the filter set to $.10 ads, which is the value of the ads that I get. By going down one level, I effectively stop receiving ads, since $0.05 ads are below my filter. Which means no BAP consumed beyond the daily BAP tax.
Days like yesterday are a bit of an exception, since due to the sheer value of ads to be delivered I got $1 ads.
By keeping a BAP level close to the lower end of the group, we can level down just as we need to go somewhere and we're in a pseudo-vacation mode.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #599 - 10th Feb, 2015 at 7:31pm

ruicarlov wrote on 10th Feb, 2015 at 5:45pm:
I'm not complaining about the number of ads. But the timing was a bit on the bad side.

But on another topic, I realized something interesting. A simple way to get on vacation mode. With the recent changes, the value of the ads delivered is pretty much the same, and depends only on the BAP level.
Like Snake, I'm on level 7 and have the filter set to $.10 ads, which is the value of the ads that I get. By going down one level, I effectively stop receiving ads, since $0.05 ads are below my filter. Which means no BAP consumed beyond the daily BAP tax.
Days like yesterday are a bit of an exception, since due to the sheer value of ads to be delivered I got $1 ads.
By keeping a BAP level close to the lower end of the group, we can level down just as we need to go somewhere and we're in a pseudo-vacation mode.

you are free to adjust your filter now, so you could set it on $1000 and not worry about it

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 90
Send Topic Print