Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 90
Send Topic Print
My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com (Read 765025 times)
ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com
Reply #465 - 24th Dec, 2014 at 12:08pm

My filter is at 5 cents, so it's the same. I get a couple of $0.05, but also $.10, $.20, $.50 and even $1. I doesn't take many ads to get +$1 back.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #466 - 24th Dec, 2014 at 11:07pm

ruicarlov wrote on 24th Dec, 2014 at 12:08pm:
My filter is at 5 cents, so it's the same. I get a couple of $0.05, but also $.10, $.20, $.50 and even $1. I doesn't take many ads to get +$1 back.

Do you get a lot of them daily?

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #467 - 25th Dec, 2014 at 1:30pm

moneymarketing wrote on 24th Dec, 2014 at 11:07pm:
Do you get a lot of them daily?

Can't say it's a lot. Like I said, the upgrade expires when you reach over $1, and that usually happens over 24h, with 10 ads or less. I've got $1 ads twice already

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #468 - 28th Dec, 2014 at 5:15am

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #469 - 29th Dec, 2014 at 2:05am

moneymarketing wrote on 28th Dec, 2014 at 5:15am:

Pff.. just when I hoped on level 6..  Smiley

https://www.mytrafficvalue.com/forum/news/bap_exchange_guide.html

Hmm.. so I guess we don't have a choice on this one but to sell our BAPs for shares..?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #470 - 29th Dec, 2014 at 6:34am

SolidSnake wrote on 29th Dec, 2014 at 2:05am:
Pff.. just when I hoped on level 6..  Smiley

https://www.mytrafficvalue.com/forum/news/bap_exchange_guide.html

Hmm.. so I guess we don't have a choice on this one but to sell our BAPs for shares..?

You have a choice. You can wait for them to do it for you. I don't think you'll face the transaction fee that way

but no, you don't have much choice

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #471 - 29th Dec, 2014 at 6:49am

Part of the reason this is happening is because of the glut of shares that are on the marketplace. PV needs the shares to rise to meet their payout requirements. That didn't happen so they are effectively forcing people to buy the surplus shares PV holds.

I told them a long time ago that they had too many shares on the market and what they needed to use some of the development funds for was to buy back shares and take them off the market. That way they would create scarcity which will cause the shares to rise.

Since they don't want to do that, we need to take a more conservative approach to the site that includes diversifying our investments there, keeping some cash on the accounts and taking the occasional cashout.

Holding all your money in BAPs, shares or cash is risky, as you can see and might set you back a few months when they decide to swap something.

I'm actually going to luck out this round because I had a ton of shares with a cost basis of a half cent or less so I can sell those for a profit and climb the BAP levels quite quickly

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #472 - 29th Dec, 2014 at 11:06am

So, if I get this right, on Wednesday our BAPs will be converted to shares that we will be able to turn to funds sometime later.

But this also means that a reset of PV will happen and we will be able to purchase advertising again for fresh BAPs, and since a lot of people will be doing this we get a chance to get our 155% quite quickly this time (at least in the beginning).. so it's actually a good chance for some quick profits?  Huh

I remember they have done similar acts in the past but do you think that could work that way..?

I think I'll be able to do some damage on Wednesday.. I have only one concern..
Do you guys think PayPal would be alright with those massive sales?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #473 - 29th Dec, 2014 at 7:23pm

SolidSnake wrote on 29th Dec, 2014 at 11:06am:
So, if I get this right, on Wednesday our BAPs will be converted to shares that we will be able to turn to funds sometime later.

But this also means that a reset of PV will happen and we will be able to purchase advertising again for fresh BAPs, and since a lot of people will be doing this we get a chance to get our 155% quite quickly this time (at least in the beginning).. so it's actually a good chance for some quick profits?  Huh

I remember they have done similar acts in the past but do you think that could work that way..?

I think I'll be able to do some damage on Wednesday.. I have only one concern..
Do you guys think PayPal would be alright with those massive sales?

I think you've managed to hit every major nail on the head.

You've asked the 64 million BAP question.

Yes, I think it will work as you say except that you could turn your shares from BAP into cash immediately but you would probably guarantee a loss since you will need to sell them for at least 7 cents to break even

The have done similar things in the past but the difference is they did it with cash and not BAPs. That made the past moves even worse because the only funds we had available were dividends and outside funding. This time we have cash so the rebound activity could happen quicker than expected

I will also be doing some damage but if I told you how much I wouldn't have to kill you but you might have to kill me  Grin

Paypal is the x factor. Technically, paidverts is not doing anything wrong since the BAPs are a bonus plan. They are not the platform upon which the service agreement with paypal is established. The BAPs technically have a market value of zero (think of them as coupons where the coupon will declare in legalise that they have no cash value).

In order to keep paypal happy, paidverts only has to be selling ads and delivering those impressions. That PV uses the BAPs to incentivise the delivery of those impressions has nothing to do with paypal.

That being said, if 30K members suddenly opened a dispute, how can paypal's bomb detectors not go off? It is just in their nature to react to a situation like that and lock down first ask questions later. They could do that.

Some factors in their favor against this happening:

PV has it's own personal account rep. So getting this sorted should be expedited

PV has the income to handle each and every dispute with cash on hand

They also have the huge fund on account at PP that is under a timed hold period

I think this is why he went after the BAPs (and possibly set up the BAP structure this way, to make a swap as bullet proof legally as possible)

So what ever happens with the PP dragon in the corner is up for speculation

On the plus side, losing paypal might only slow them down and if they can get credit cards installed on the site the issue will be minimized

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #474 - 29th Dec, 2014 at 7:31pm

He's estimating ad issues between 2 - 10 times higher. so where i was before, earning about $20 for an ad issue, that could be between $40 and $200 on a regular basis.  Shocked

That said, his prognosticating of late has not been very good. There could be some bias seeping into the numbers

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #475 - 29th Dec, 2014 at 11:32pm

Don't you just love it when a maintenance occurs when you still have plenty left to click, a little time before expiration  Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #476 - 30th Dec, 2014 at 1:36am

moneymarketing wrote on 29th Dec, 2014 at 7:31pm:
He's estimating ad issues between 2 - 10 times higher. so where i was before, earning about $20 for an ad issue, that could be between $40 and $200 on a regular basis.  Shocked

That said, his prognosticating of late has not been very good. There could be some bias seeping into the numbers

So, if it all goes well we'll probably get up to 150% quite fast.. plus what we get from shares..
On the other side.. we face problems.. so it's better to invest considering it as a one way money flaw and if in case it turns back we would be considering ourselves lucky.. besides we will also benefit from the advertising either way... Smiley

Btw, this MTV - Paidverts diagram seems pretty nice as an explanation of how the system works :

ruicarlov wrote on 29th Dec, 2014 at 11:32pm:
Don't you just love it when a maintenance occurs when you still have plenty left to click, a little time before expiration  Smiley

Are you sure you didn't leave any traces after the miami-bahamas fiasko? Cheesy

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #477 - 30th Dec, 2014 at 7:54am

SolidSnake wrote on 30th Dec, 2014 at 1:36am:
So, if it all goes well we'll probably get up to 150% quite fast.. plus what we get from shares..
On the other side.. we face problems.. so it's better to invest considering it as a one way money flaw and if in case it turns back we would be considering ourselves lucky.. besides we will also benefit from the advertising either way... Smiley

Btw, this MTV - Paidverts diagram seems pretty nice as an explanation of how the system works :

I don't like that he is now assuming swaps into the cycle. That wasn't the case before (at least he wasn't willing to admit it) and shows a lack of imagination. If he is assuming swaps then there is too much spending relative to the money coming in and it is a bit of a scam/deceptive because people are given a false impression of the total earning potential of the site when they join

I sent him a message regarding share buybacks and or reverse splits which he brushed off saying it was impossible to remove shares. I can't see how that would be though. If it is possible to add them then it is possible to remove them.

Another thing they could do is remove/limit one of the investment plans so that members only have shares as an option. I think that there are too many options for people to choose from and so shares become the least attractive since they are not a guaranteed return relative to the others

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #478 - 30th Dec, 2014 at 8:27am

This puts the swap into a different perspective and is more about speed

http://mtvpv.com/news/paidverts-bap-swap-explained

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #479 - 30th Dec, 2014 at 2:14pm

Now here's another good question...

Since some people will be panicking and selling their shares at rather low prices... wouldn't this be a good time to purchase shares as well..?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 90
Send Topic Print