Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Send Topic Print
ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy (Read 195129 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: New PTC launched yesterday, focused on consistancy
Reply #30 - 24th May, 2013 at 6:34pm

ruicarlov wrote on 24th May, 2013 at 4:29pm:
Ruicarlov reporting for duty again, Lieutenant Snake.
May this mission be more sucessful than last time Tongue

Oh, and some tips for the admin. You might consider offering some kind of reward (1or2 cents) for people posting payment proofs of the "Proof" section of the blog.
That creates a positive image that the site is paying to a lot of people.
And you might want to create some logos or graphics for the site. Something like a design theme.

or you could have a design contest and give advertising or cash prizes to the top banner designs.

The best way to judge if the banner is a winner is if you run the banners on another site, the one that brings in the best conversion is the winner

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #31 - 24th May, 2013 at 6:50pm

ruicarlov wrote on 24th May, 2013 at 4:29pm:
Ruicarlov reporting for duty again, Lieutenant Snake.

Smiley

(Background Facts Parenthesis..: Basically the original SolidSnake has always been such a stubborn character that just won't stop, no matter how bad it looks, or how many are against him, or how many disasters struck him, or how many partners have betrayed him... Somehow for more than 15 years in life and 6-7 years in online business, I feel so much related to this character...)

Quote:
May this mission be more sucessful than last time Tongue

I really hope so.. really really hope so..  Undecided
It is about time we finally settled down on at least one PTC program..

I'll start with top10-ptc.com by the way..
(already placed an ad on the 3rd spot for one day.. it will probably start in approximately 1,5 hour)

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #32 - 24th May, 2013 at 7:00pm

Quote:
Keep in mind that this is causing instability to your site and later on you'll have to deal with it.
Offering $0.02 to upgraded members will mean that you will have to pay :
In case upgraded members have upgraded referrals and a referral clicks the ad your site will have to pay the expense of :
$0.02 to the referral + $0.02 to the upline = $0.04 while what you get from the advertisement sale is :
$20 for 1000 clicks that translates to $0.02 per click..

This is sort of what I was talking about here:

Quote:
I fixed the prices, although it turns out the higher prices were the correct ones.  I went ahead and used the lower ones to hopefully bring in a little money, but profit margins are going to be pretty close to break even...

I didn't quite get the wording right, but I think what I meant was that for now, while nobody's really upgraded, it's pretty close to break even.  The good news is, in order for people to be upgraded, they have to buy something.  (Hopefully an upgrade)  And then in order to have referrals, they either have to bring in a bunch of new members, (with money) or rent referrals (Which brings in money). So I won't be starting from zero.  I think it's pretty stable for now, but I agree that it's not likely to be sustainable, much less profitable, in the long run.  Since we're talking about it any thoughts on what to do with that?

Quote:
BTW, I noticed that ruicarlov also joined the site so expect a rapid grow in the upcoming weeks..

And he's already bought an ad pack!  Thanks ruicarlov, for being so trusting and supportive so quickly!  And I intend to make sure that this is the case-
Quote:
May this mission be more sucessful than last time

Quote:
Yes, I created it but feel free to copy it.

That's very nice of you, I think I'll do that if that's ok.  The stuff that I've made/inherited kind of sucks, so it'll be great to have something that users can actually get conversions from.

Quote:
And btw, a top promoters contest could help the site's growth.

I've been holding off on this kind of thing until some money came in, but it looks like now's a great time to try it!  Since you both have more experience finding direct referrals than I do, what would be a good time period for that?  Would a few days be good, or should it be a week or two?

Quote:
You might consider offering some kind of reward (1or2 cents) for people posting payment proofs of the "Proof" section of the blog.

Thanks for the tip, this is a great idea.  Is 2 cents enough?  I'd be willing to pay a little more if necessary, I just don't know what the standard is.

And graphics and site design would be great, but I'm afraid it might be just a little over my head right now.  BuxHost only lets me make a few generic changes, with no access to code without a big upgrade.  A guy did contact me about some graphics ect., and I'll probably get in touch with him eventually.  Anything specific you were looking for?

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #33 - 24th May, 2013 at 7:39pm

Quote:
or you could have a design contest and give advertising or cash prizes to the top banner designs

This is an awesome idea that I think I'm going to use.  I love free stuff!

Also, guys who purchased ads, don't forget to get me your banner stuff!

IP Logged

spym4n2
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Reply #34 - 24th May, 2013 at 8:18pm

when i looking constantbux banner. just my opinion, that i don't really like that white background.. it should be something that express your site  Wink

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #35 - 24th May, 2013 at 8:27pm

A month is a good time frame for a referral contest. That gives people time to get campaigns going and set up their ads.

You may also want to give the qualifications based on certain activity like maybe active referrals (referrals with 20 clicks or more or upgraded referrals). That way you don't have to worry about the people who use 'paid to sign up' deals

You probably also want to have a lot of little prizes as opposed to one big prize. Some promoters can really bring in a lot of members but if they run away with the contest in the first few days it will discourage your other members. If you have a lot of little prizes then more people will be inspired to participate

And you can give upgrades and advertising as prizes also. This will save you money

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #36 - 24th May, 2013 at 8:42pm

zanderpm wrote on 24th May, 2013 at 7:00pm:
Thanks for the tip, this is a great idea.  Is 2 cents enough?  I'd be willing to pay a little more if necessary, I just don't know what the standard is.

2 cents seems reasonable enough. The last Buxhost me and Snake were in payed that amount for each proof.
The only site I know that pays more is CashNhits, which is 5 cents, but their case you had to post the proof in 5 other forums. So, for posting on your "proofs" section, 2 cents seems like a nice middle point.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #37 - 24th May, 2013 at 9:49pm

zanderpm wrote on 24th May, 2013 at 7:00pm:
I think it's pretty stable for now, but I agree that it's not likely to be sustainable, much less profitable, in the long run.  Since we're talking about it any thoughts on what to do with that?

I think you should max the personal earnings to $0.01 right from the start.
I'm sure members will appreciate that the main purpose of your site is to be stable and stay there for a long time.

Serious promoters always calculate out the stability of a site and then decide whether it's worth working on.
If a site says $0.02 per click but is only able to pay $0.01 per click based on the advertisement prices then
they usually decide to keep away.

And also I really insist that you should minimize the better prices for the bigger packages of ads...
since it will be your own expense if you offer more at a better price..

Well, to sum it up, I really believe that a PTC's PPC rates should be static and stable up front, at the starting of its service.
Based on experience it is what has helped the most stable programs so far (neobux, wordlinx, linkgrand, clixsense) stay alive.

You can check it out yourself and calculate the costs. If you want your site to survive you can't play with the PPC rates in the instability range. If you're able to pay for the hosting services yourself for at least a year, then you will be successful.

The advertisers will come for your quality/quantity ratio of advertising compared to established sites.
Etc. In clixsense an advertiser pays $9.50 for 250 visits of 60 seconds while you offer 500 visits at almost the same price and also offer lots of bonuses such as banner advertising, free referrals and membership upgrades. That is really a bargain against them and it will definitely generate attraction to advertisers in the long term. So better keep your site stable, and be able deliver what you offer for a long time than risking failure..

And as for the members, it's not really the highest PPC rate that controls the activity, it's the overall health of your site.
If it stays active for more than 6 months only then people will truly trust you and invest more freely in it.

If your site stays up long enough it will eventually pay off.. and only then the true success will start happening.
You need to build trustworthiness firstly. Keep in mind that your main income will come from non-incentive ads while the members' income should come from incentive ones.
« Last Edit: 24th May, 2013 at 10:20pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #38 - 24th May, 2013 at 10:30pm

As for the customization, if you have the standard version of buxhost you won't get far enough due to their limitations..
And unfortunately not many advertising options are included in it. If you can cover the expenses yourself I would recommend going for an upgraded version of it as more income options are enabled.

Well, if I ever decide to run a PTC site,I'll definitely develop the script myself.. lol

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #39 - 25th May, 2013 at 2:42am

Now officially paying $.02 per proof upload.

Quote:
I think you should max the personal earnings to $0.01 right from the start...

The more you say things the more sense you make.  I have no idea how to do that though.  I'm kind of proud of how referral clicks are as much as normal clicks, but I guess that should probably go away.  The two options that I see are to cut everything in half, or cut referral clicks in half, and raise prices by half.  Any other ideas?

I didn't realize that my prices were as low as they were, compared to industry standards.

Quote:
If you're able to pay for the hosting services yourself for at least a year, then you will be successful.

I was actually only planning on putting money into this for a month or two.  I've got a little money coming in I can use for this, but I won't be able to keep that up for a year.  Hopefully it won't take that long.

Quote:
As for the customization, if you have the standard version of buxhost you won't get far enough due to their limitations..

Upgrading will definitely be great, but I'm afraid I can't do it just yet.  Maybe soon!

Quote:
Well, if I ever decide to run a PTC site,I'll definitely develop the script myself.. lol

And ever since I started this in the first place I've been thinking about all the stuff I could do with a custom script.  If I ever start another site, I'll definitely do something custom.  That being said, while they're missing a lot of stuff I'd think would be common, BuxHost has been really helpful helping me find stuff, and accepting and seriously considering suggestions I've made for future updates.

IP Logged

utahman1971
Recruit Member

I love being here!

USA-Utah
Reply #40 - 26th May, 2013 at 6:04am

zanderpm wrote on 19th May, 2013 at 7:09am:
Constant Bux launched yesterday.  It's focused on being consistent instead of crazy, so that it never has any trouble paying it's users.  The rates are pretty good too, especially referral rates.

www.constantbux.com

Hi and welcome to the forums. Thanks for that information. I will take a looky. Wink

Check out a great blog Nicer Blog
IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #41 - 26th May, 2013 at 6:33am

Thanks utahman, let me know if you need anything!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #42 - 26th May, 2013 at 5:49pm

Well, since this topic is about ConstantBux, I had to move the latest threads to a new one.
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #43 - 26th May, 2013 at 6:20pm

BTW, the top10ptc camaign didn't go so well.. it got me only 4 refs.. that are not even active..
(One of them decided to spam the forum too.. Sad Please zanderpm take care of his post..)

I've just started a big campaign at getref.. hopefully it will go much better.
It's never let me down as a promoting option.

My text link will stay on their homepage for a month. Let's see how that goes..

IP Logged

spym4n2
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Reply #44 - 27th May, 2013 at 12:44am

i allready join that constantbux... when i take a look in at forum.  Smiley found out other member can post referral link.. just wonder why constant admin really not consider about that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Send Topic Print