Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Send Topic Print
ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy (Read 195137 times)
zanderpm

I love being here!

Re: New PTC launched yesterday, focused on consistancy
Reply #15 - 23rd May, 2013 at 5:38am

Cool.  I fixed the prices, although it turns out the higher prices were the correct ones.  I went ahead and used the lower ones to hopefully bring in a little money, but profit margins are going to be pretty close to break even, so I'm going to have to figure something else out at some point.

I've been pretty lazy about text blocks, and I should probably take care of that.  But I didn't see mislabeled upgrades anywhere.  Where did you see those?

I killed the framebreaker.  Bummer, because that was the only thing that was actually making me any money.  Thanks for the heads up, I wish the other users would tell me things.

What else have you seen?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #16 - 23rd May, 2013 at 7:44am

zanderpm wrote on 23rd May, 2013 at 5:38am:
Cool.  I fixed the prices, although it turns out the higher prices were the correct ones.  I went ahead and used the lower ones to hopefully bring in a little money, but profit margins are going to be pretty close to break even, so I'm going to have to figure something else out at some point.

I've been pretty lazy about text blocks, and I should probably take care of that.  But I didn't see mislabeled upgrades anywhere.  Where did you see those?

I killed the framebreaker.  Bummer, because that was the only thing that was actually making me any money.  Thanks for the heads up, I wish the other users would tell me things.

What else have you seen?

You may want to think about breaking even on a few products in your program in order to build business instead of focusing on a profit on all products. This will help to grow the business and establish the idea of fairness in people's minds. As the business grows, then you can add other things and also put your own ads/banners on the site and that is where you can start to turn a profit on those. Plus, you are also building a mailing list.

The problem I have seen with many sites is that they try to milk you for everything and that gives the customers a feeling of being exploited. If you can create a site where people get the perception that they are not being milked for a buck at every turn, then that builds goodwill and that is something that is hard to put a price on but very valuable to your site

you also may want to think about the occasional sale in order to move advertising inventory and get your advertisers into the habit of impulse buying. Even if you are only breaking even on the sale it creates activity and keep people busy. Activity and cash flowing through your site are your biggest job at this point. you want to get people into the habit of coming to your site and being active

Another thing you need to think about is what you can add to your site that gives you an advertising benefit but doesn't cost you anything. You site is primarily your own personal advertising vehicle. I remember when I was admining a site and advertising my own products was my main push because then I could go out and advertise my site and it served as a base for all the other sites that I was affiliated with

You also want to think comprehensively about your customer. Right now you may be making a dollar off each customer for example. There are two directions you can take. you can either go out and get another customer to make a dollar from or you can ask yourself,  "How can I make two dollars from these customers?"

They are already a captive audience. You need to ask yourself how you can give they more value so they can give your more dollars. That may be as simple as trying to get those folks into other programs that you are affiliated with

David

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #17 - 23rd May, 2013 at 9:29am

moneymarketing wrote on 23rd May, 2013 at 7:44am:
You may want to think about breaking even on a few products in your program in order to build business instead of focusing on a profit on all products. This will help to grow the business and establish the idea of fairness in people's minds. As the business grows, then you can add other things and also put your own ads/banners on the site and that is where you can start to turn a profit on those. Plus, you are also building a mailing list.

That's very true, maybe that'll work out in the long run.

I've been trying to run some kind of sale every day.  The past couple days it's been the new package system, but today it's banners and referrals!

The rest of this is a little over my head I think.  I don't really have much luck being affiliated with other sites.  I've had more than 4,000 clicks on my own ads and have yet to receive a referral on any of them.

As for the more customers or more money from current customers, that's a very wise sentiment, and hopefully will be applicable in the future.  Right now, I'm just trying to make some money from anybody.  (So far I've brought in absolutely no cash)

Oh, also, I don't know if you noticed or not, but I currently only accept Payza, however I was thinking about opening up some other processors, probably starting with Paypal.  That'd probably be a good idea, right?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #18 - 23rd May, 2013 at 2:45pm

zanderpm wrote on 23rd May, 2013 at 5:38am:

Well, firstly in the upgrade page it says :

Earn free referrals with membership upgrades! Get 5 free 1 month referrals with any Super upgrade, and 10 free 1 month referrals with any Epic upgrade!

That is probably correct, but right beneath it the memberships are : Standard, Super, Elite

Also in the advertise - PTC page :

Quote:
Gold - When you purchase 1000 visits at 60 seconds, ($20) you also get:
20,000 free banner impressions
1 free month of Super Membership
20 rented referrals (one month)

Silver - When you purchase 1000 visits at 30 seconds, ($10) you also get:
10,000 free banner impressions
1 free month of Epic Membership
10 rented referrals (one month)

I think they should be the other way around.. lol. Smiley
Oh and maybe you should write something about it in the home page or in a blog post so that it is visible publicly.
I think it's your site's current strong point.

Also adding PayPal is unfortunately a must but you need to be careful and not trust them with your earnings.
Always leave only a small amount in there just in case they "decide" to limit your account due to "too many transactions"..

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, I wish the other users would tell me things. What else have you seen?

Well, it looks like I'm not a regular user.. lol.
In fact I've tried to be helpful to many PTC admins in the past but they didn't seem to appreciate it..

Btw, are the members active at clicking?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #19 - 23rd May, 2013 at 3:01pm

I would also like to add that maybe you should change your home page's features list..

- Up to $.02 per click, yours or your referral's for upgraded members! -> Should be $0.01
- $1 minimum payout for all members! -> This one is ok.
- No withdraw fee! -> This one is ok, only fix it to "No withdrawal fee" I think it's more proper.
- No investment necessary!
- Low cost membership upgrades! -> Maybe you should say "Combined Advertising and Membership Upgrades" and link it to your blog post or the page you have it publicly visible for visitors to see.
- Direct and rented referrals! -> You should write "No direct referral limits" cause it's important to most of the big promoters then maybe add :
"- Bonus advertising and rented referrals from most purchases"
- Direct access to site admin! -> This could probably be saying something like : "Active and helpful support"
- Currently supporting Payza. Paypal and other processors coming soon! -> Well you'll need to add PayPal cause only then the cash will start flowing.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #20 - 23rd May, 2013 at 6:18pm

zanderpm wrote on 23rd May, 2013 at 9:29am:
That's very true, maybe that'll work out in the long run.

I've been trying to run some kind of sale every day.  The past couple days it's been the new package system, but today it's banners and referrals!

The rest of this is a little over my head I think.  I don't really have much luck being affiliated with other sites.  I've had more than 4,000 clicks on my own ads and have yet to receive a referral on any of them.

As for the more customers or more money from current customers, that's a very wise sentiment, and hopefully will be applicable in the future.  Right now, I'm just trying to make some money from anybody.  (So far I've brought in absolutely no cash)

Oh, also, I don't know if you noticed or not, but I currently only accept Payza, however I was thinking about opening up some other processors, probably starting with Paypal.  That'd probably be a good idea, right?

Yes, paypal is good but they are not always favorable towards PTC type sites so be careful about them. Another one is Liberty Reserve. They are quite a popular processor as well

if you can get your affiliate links on your front page then it becomes more of a passive advertising system and you quite often pick up referrals that are just passing through. This is where text ads can really help.

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #21 - 23rd May, 2013 at 6:24pm

You might want to send a general email out to your affiliates telling them that you are there to serve them and asking them what they would like to see from the site. Sometimes that will bring in some great tips and help you see things that you otherwise would not have noticed

Another thing is a regular newsletter. That will keep you front of mind with your affiliates. sometimes, if you don`t contact people and let them know your site is still around, they will drift away and forget about your site. That is another way to keep them active

David

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #22 - 23rd May, 2013 at 9:18pm

I feel pretty stupid missing all those membership mistakes.  I'll claim that I was just really tired and use that as an excuse.

The package deals are now in a blog post and linked from the home page.  (Good idea, I keep forgetting that stuff's not visible)  I'm thinking it would probably be a good idea to do that with all the prices in general too, at some point.

And, Paypal is officially supported.  I have the option of using Refund Project with Paypal.  It looks like a really good idea, is there anything I should know before I implement it?

Quote:
Btw, are the members active at clicking?

I had 1,649 clicks yesterday, and the software's estimating a few more for today.  It shows 403 active members out of 563.  That's pretty good, right?

Quote:
- Up to $.02 per click, yours or your referral's for upgraded members! -> Should be $0.01

You actually can potentially make $.02, with a 60 second ad as an upgraded member, but I just took this line out, because I don't want anyone to feel like they're being mislead, and $.01 just seems really cheap.

Quote:
Another one is Liberty Reserve.

I'll go ahead and start working on Liberty Reserve too, although it'll take a little longer because I don't have an account set up with them yet.

Quote:
You might want to send a general email ...Another thing is a regular newsletter...

I'm trying really hard not to spam users.  My approach is that I can send users a few things and have some of them read it, or I can send them a bunch of stuff and have nobody read anything.  That being said, I haven't sent anything out yet, so I think now probably is a good time to update everybody on what's gong on.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #23 - 23rd May, 2013 at 10:06pm

I just saw the banner at the top of the page.  That's so awesome!  Did you build that yourself?

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #24 - 23rd May, 2013 at 10:48pm

That was easier than I thought.  Pretty sure I've got Liberty Reserve setup now.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #25 - 24th May, 2013 at 1:55am

Do you think you could also make the "Latest News" scrollbox be visible somewhere in your home page? I wasn't aware it existed till I visited another page by clicking on one of the links on the top bar.

Me also thinks that just one Adhitz ad on the bottom of the page would be sufficient rather than two the way it currently is.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #26 - 24th May, 2013 at 2:49am

I don't think the news section is very flexible, but I've put in a support request to see.  Maybe I'm wrong.

And I just went ahead and got rid of the AdHitz stuff.  I've made less than 3 cents in the last three or four days, so it's not doing anything for me anyway.

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: 24th May, 2013 at 4:03am by zanderpm »  

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #27 - 24th May, 2013 at 1:44pm

Quote:
You actually can potentially make $.02, with a 60 second ad as an upgraded member, but I just took this line out, because I don't want anyone to feel like they're being mislead, and $.01 just seems really cheap.

Keep in mind that this is causing instability to your site and later on you'll have to deal with it.
Offering $0.02 to upgraded members will mean that you will have to pay :
In case upgraded members have upgraded referrals and a referral clicks the ad your site will have to pay the expense of :
$0.02 to the referral + $0.02 to the upline = $0.04 while what you get from the advertisement sale is :
$20 for 1000 clicks that translates to $0.02 per click..

This means that at this case once the site matures you won't be able to keep up with the costs, so it's an instability hole.
Offering $0.01 per click is really not that cheap and is fully stable. I'd pick safety over such a risk and believe members would too..

BTW, I noticed that ruicarlov also joined the site so expect a rapid grow in the upcoming weeks.. Wink
Please make sure you'll be able to handle the expenses.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #28 - 24th May, 2013 at 4:06pm

zanderpm wrote on 23rd May, 2013 at 10:06pm:
I just saw the banner at the top of the page.  That's so awesome!  Did you build that yourself?

Yes, I created it but feel free to copy it. Smiley

And btw, a top promoters contest could help the site's growth.
« Last Edit: 24th May, 2013 at 4:19pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #29 - 24th May, 2013 at 4:29pm

Ruicarlov reporting for duty again, Lieutenant Snake.
May this mission be more sucessful than last time Tongue

Oh, and some tips for the admin. You might consider offering some kind of reward (1or2 cents) for people posting payment proofs of the "Proof" section of the blog.
That creates a positive image that the site is paying to a lot of people.
And you might want to create some logos or graphics for the site. Something like a design theme.
« Last Edit: 24th May, 2013 at 5:00pm by ruicarlov »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Send Topic Print