Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Rotate4All (Read 133547 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Rotate4All
Reply #195 - 13th Apr, 2020 at 11:52am

I just want to say that this is probably the best advertising for marketing sites out there. It is very close but when you compare price and the recent move by R4A to only pay sites for forced ad viewing, the value and quality went way up.

Apart from all the free advertising I'll get, if I have to pay for advertising, I'll probably only choose one of four options now

R4A
PTCS
Paidverts
Neobux

and probably in that order

For banners, the four remain and I'll add Adhitz to that lot

Adhitz is probably the top because you pay per click and it doesn't seem to be abused. Plus their network ads appeal to a very broad base of advertisers. R4A does as well with their banner service so those are 1 and 2 on my list for banner advertising

Neo, PV, and PTCS have such large traffic flow to clickers and marketers that they are economical on that basis alone

None of these are cheap to get in on the bottom rung but if you want quality results, you need to pay for it.

If you don't get results using those sources I would more likely argue that it is what you are advertising as opposed to the traffic sources

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #196 - 20th Apr, 2020 at 9:50am

The PTP user Statistics page is getting an important upgrade: VALID VISITS BREAKDOWN. The additional data is already being collected starting from Today.
On the "TODAY/YESTERDAY/CURRENT WEEK/PREVIOUS WEEK" pages you'll soon start seeing an additional table showing the VALID visits breakdown per domain name, same way the INVALID ones are currently displayed.

Valid visits breakdown will include: TOTAL VALID / UNIQUE / NON1 / NON2 / NON3 / NON4, where UNIQUE & NON1/2/3 will represent each of their own respective pay rates, while NON4 will include all non-unique visits between the 4th and 12th.

Even though we're adding more data, the Statistics page will be faster as the data will be loaded gradually (on demand) whereas now it's loaded all at once.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #197 - 20th Apr, 2020 at 6:09pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 20th Apr, 2020 at 9:50am:
The PTP user Statistics page is getting an important upgrade: VALID VISITS BREAKDOWN. The additional data is already being collected starting from Today.
On the "TODAY/YESTERDAY/CURRENT WEEK/PREVIOUS WEEK" pages you'll soon start seeing an additional table showing the VALID visits breakdown per domain name, same way the INVALID ones are currently displayed.

Valid visits breakdown will include: TOTAL VALID / UNIQUE / NON1 / NON2 / NON3 / NON4, where UNIQUE & NON1/2/3 will represent each of their own respective pay rates, while NON4 will include all non-unique visits between the 4th and 12th.

Even though we're adding more data, the Statistics page will be faster as the data will be loaded gradually (on demand) whereas now it's loaded all at once.

You're doing a fantastic job with the site. I assume you have tons of plans for its growth. I look forward to growing along with it  Smiley

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #198 - 22nd Apr, 2020 at 2:50pm

Finally we finished the new layout and ran multiple scenario tests on both the backend and frontend so now all we need is wait until we have at least 1 week's worth of new data.
If everything goes fine, we'll have it live on Monday.

Here's a peak of the upcoming layout:
https://youtu.be/gTGrIPq3YOI

Any suggestions? Criticism is welcome as well.
Thanks!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #199 - 22nd Apr, 2020 at 3:49pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 22nd Apr, 2020 at 2:50pm:
Finally we finished the new layout and ran multiple scenario tests on both the backend and frontend so now all we need is wait until we have at least 1 week's worth of new data.
If everything goes fine, we'll have it live on Monday.

Here's a peak of the upcoming layout:
https://youtu.be/gTGrIPq3YOI

Any suggestions? Criticism is welcome as well.
Thanks!

That's a great job there!  Smiley

Since suggestions are open, if there's something I would add, it's the ability to display results based on trackers as well, instead of just domains.

For example it would be nice if we could be able to use an additional parameter in our promote links:

Code:
https://www.rotate4all.com/ptp/?r=Username&tracker=Grid
https://www.rotate4all.com/ptp/?r=Username&tracker=PTC
https://www.rotate4all.com/ptp/?r=Username&tracker=AnotherCampaign 

Then at the results table where valid/invalid hits are displayed, it could also show something like this based on where the traffic comes from but also include the specific campaign:

Code:
program-one.com[Grid]
program-one.com[PTC]
program-one.com[AnotherCampaign]
program-two.com[Grid]
program-two.com[PTC]
program-two.com[AnotherCampaign] 

This way promoters will know which of many simultaneous campaigns provide better results, and focus their efforts there.
It's something we've seen on several programs and helps us identify the most effective advertising methods instead of having to run only one at a time, because the timing also matters.

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #200 - 22nd Apr, 2020 at 10:34pm

Unfortunately our PTP links do not accept any additional parameters in their current form mainly due to security reasons. It's always a great risk to pass random user input to the DB which is why we take great care when doing so.

Nevertheless we could implement a set of predefined parameters such as GRID[1-9], PTC[1-9], TE[1-9] and so on from which you'd be able to choose by selecting from a predefined list of special PTP links (already pre-coded with the above parameters), each with its own stats reflected on your Statistics page.
As it doesn't require much technical modifications, I think it's something that might just get to see the light of day. No promises though.
Thanks for your suggestion. Noted and added to our to-do-list.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #201 - 23rd Apr, 2020 at 12:28am

rotate4all.com wrote on 22nd Apr, 2020 at 10:34pm:
Unfortunately our PTP links do not accept any additional parameters in their current form mainly due to security reasons. It's always a great risk to pass random user input to the DB which is why we take great care when doing so.

Nevertheless we could implement a set of predefined parameters such as GRID[1-9], PTC[1-9], TE[1-9] and so on from which you'd be able to choose by selecting from a predefined list of special PTP links (already pre-coded with the above parameters), each with its own stats reflected on your Statistics page.
As it doesn't require much technical modifications, I think it's something that might just get to see the light of day. No promises though.
Thanks for your suggestion. Noted and added to our to-do-list.

Just validating alphanumeric input [a-z0-9] should be sufficient, while providing predefined options may require even more work to implement.

Well, you know your script better so you'll figure out what's most secure for it.

Glad to help! Smiley

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #202 - 23rd Apr, 2020 at 5:04am

Alphanumeric validation is not enough against SQL injection as hex encoded payloads could still get through. Never rely solely on regex.
The whitelist method of having the user choose from a predefined list doesn't require any regex validation, except to see if the input can be found in the array of whitelisted inputs, which is pretty straightforward as a simple in_array("needle", $haystack); I always prefer SECURE over FAST.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #203 - 23rd Apr, 2020 at 10:16pm

The upgrades look good. Being able to sort the columns will probably be a great feature

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #204 - 28th Apr, 2020 at 10:55pm

One idea I had is the option to extend campaigns.

I don't know if you want current advertisers to monopolize your rotator but it might be a great 'upsell' option. A button beside your link that says extend. That takes you to the sales page

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #205 - 29th Apr, 2020 at 10:06pm

moneymarketing wrote on 28th Apr, 2020 at 10:55pm:
One idea I had is the option to extend campaigns.

I don't know if you want current advertisers to monopolize your rotator but it might be a great 'upsell' option. A button beside your link that says extend. That takes you to the sales page

My reasoning for this is that it makes it as easy as possible to renew even before it expires.

If there is high demand for the rotator, people might want to jump in early to maintain their position. Also, this saves you and them the work of having to resubmit the same webpage for approval and placement

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #206 - 29th Apr, 2020 at 11:43pm

Thank you for your suggestion. It's a good one, however advertisers already have the option to extend their ads, albeit manually but all it requires is to send an e-mail and complete a payment.
Our regular customers always do it this way.

To have a button on-site where anyone can place an order extension request represents a security issue. Like for example, what's stopping you from "extending" some other guy's order while asking for a link change soon after. I know it might seem unlikely but it happened before. That's why even for extending an advertisement, I only follow-up to the e-mail address associated with that order, preferably by replying to the order confirmation e-mail.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #207 - 30th Apr, 2020 at 6:03am

rotate4all.com wrote on 29th Apr, 2020 at 11:43pm:
Thank you for your suggestion. It's a good one, however advertisers already have the option to extend their ads, albeit manually but all it requires is to send an e-mail and complete a payment.
Our regular customers always do it this way.

To have a button on-site where anyone can place an order extension request represents a security issue. Like for example, what's stopping you from "extending" some other guy's order while asking for a link change soon after. I know it might seem unlikely but it happened before. That's why even for extending an advertisement, I only follow-up to the e-mail address associated with that order, preferably by replying to the order confirmation e-mail.

I don't know if it is technically feasible but I was thinking the button would only be visible to the member who owned the ad, not others

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #208 - 30th Apr, 2020 at 9:15am

For that to work as intended would require a members-only area. That is already planned and will include order history with past order results.

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #209 - 3rd May, 2020 at 6:07pm

We've just implemented a major upgrade in our PTP validation system, which now gives us a much better accuracy in detecting Mobile devices and in return you'd be getting a better valid vs invalid ratio. We estimate an increase in valid ratios from an average of 85% to at least 88%, mostly by reducing the "Invalid 3" ones.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Send Topic Print