SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: PTCBox, etc.
Reply #15 - 2nd Jun, 2014 at 12:22am

dansbanners wrote on 31st May, 2014 at 10:15pm:
Do they accept text ads on Ojooo's homepage?

Good question! I'm also interested in that..

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #16 - 2nd Jun, 2014 at 2:55pm

Not directly, but you can buy 1-day text ad exposure via Adhitz.
I've refreshed the homepage several times, and while the relative position of each text ad changes, it does seem they are fixed.

IP Logged

Specter

I love being here!

Reply #17 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 1:56am

How can you guys say PTCBox was a success?
That site was a scam since day 1... actually even before the site was launched, it was already a scam.

They lied to people 2 years before opening the site and 1 year while managing.
Not even the people running the site were who they really said they were.

Was it profitable for "some" members while it lasted? Yes
A success? No, not even close.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #18 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:02am

Well, speaking of success, we should just keep the term pointing to each one's success with it..
Let's not waste the point of the subject.. it's about what each one of us can get from what happened at PTCBox and benefit through it..
Etc, I benefited from it by opening this community and getting strong partners through it.

IP Logged

Specter

I love being here!

Reply #19 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:08am

SolidSnake wrote on 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:02am:
Well, speaking of success, we should just keep the term pointing to each one's success with it..
Let's not waste the point of the subject.. it's about what each one of us can get from what happened at PTCBox and benefit through it..
Etc, I benefited from it by opening this community and getting strong partners through it.

Ok... i guess i missed the point of the thread.
I see you got it nice out of it, thats cool  Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #20 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:31am

Specter wrote on 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:08am:

It's ok, Dan started the thread and a few posts afterwards he explained why to make things clear.. :

dansbanners wrote on 31st May, 2014 at 3:22am:
I see your point. On the other hand, I've not seen another affiliate / PTC program that shot off, had that many signups + visitors within a short time span like the way PTCBox did. Thus wouldn't mind another "PTCBox" opportunity, that is just their strength and not its drawbacks.

From his point of view, we can agree that it was successful..
(by signups he means signups to programs he advertised there.. ClixSense for example..)

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #21 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:40am

Part of the idea is that I wouldn't mind to find another affiliate / PTC program that provided advertising opportunities to the members or advertisers like the way PTCBox did.

To put it in perspective, I got over 200,000 clicks and 6K signups to a program just from placing a text ad on their main page.

IP Logged

Specter

I love being here!

Reply #22 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:56am

dansbanners wrote on 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:40am:
Part of the idea is that I wouldn't mind to find another affiliate / PTC program that provided advertising opportunities to the members or advertisers like the way PTCBox did.

To put it in perspective, I got over 200,000 clicks and 6K signups to a program just from placing a text ad on their main page.

Because their site was getting crazy traffic.
Was same when people were advertising Neobux like crazy and they had banner ads on main page, you would get 300 refs from 1 day banner ad on Neo.

It happens with every hot site, I will however admit that PTCbox managed to gather an unbelievable hype around it.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #23 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 4:32am

Specter wrote on 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:56am:
Because their site was getting crazy traffic.
Was same when people were advertising Neobux like crazy and they had banner ads on main page, you would get 300 refs from 1 day banner ad on Neo.

It happens with every hot site, I will however admit that PTCbox managed to gather an unbelievable hype around it.

Yes, I also remember some of the members telling the admin "that while you try to sort out the paypal issue, why don't you at least keep the advertising aspect of the site open and continue to pull in good revenues..." to no avail.

IP Logged

Specter

I love being here!

Reply #24 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 5:09am

dansbanners wrote on 6th Jun, 2014 at 4:32am:
Yes, I also remember some of the members telling the admin "that while you try to sort out the paypal issue, why don't you at least keep the advertising aspect of the site open and continue to pull in good revenues..." to no avail.

Yeah i remember that Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #25 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 8:09am

Specter wrote on 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:08am:

I lost cash from he main site myself but made it up on the earnings from advertising I bought there so it was a wash for me. Many people did get burned and I can't rule out the possibility that it was set up to be a scam from the start. If the whole site was set up to create a paypal limitation, then yes, it was a scam. I can't prove it one way or another and I have moved past it myself

I guess the best thing to come out of it was the new friends we made.

Welcome back

David

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #26 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 9:09am

For me, sites like Nerdbux or PTCBox are in no way a success, the positive results that some had from their advertising or downlines etc... is only the result of a lie or at least misleading informations given by the administrators and loss of other members.
Earnings one way or another from such cons having hurt others can't be considered as positive in any way imho.

IP Logged

Specter

I love being here!

Reply #27 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 12:57pm

sophieca wrote on 6th Jun, 2014 at 9:09am:
For me, sites like Nerdbux or PTCBox are in no way a success, the positive results that some had from their advertising or downlines etc... is only the result of a lie or at least misleading informations given by the administrators and loss of other members.
Earnings one way or another from such cons having hurt others can't be considered as positive in any way imho.

Nailed it  Cool New

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #28 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 2:57pm

I think there are too many PTC / Bux programs out there that are too much alike. How often does this happen whereas you'd notice a new PTC program only to see that it's just like the tons of PTC programs already out there.

I think that's what made PTCBox stand out was that it was actually different than the other PTC programs out there. And do recall disagreeing with those that were trying to encourage the admin to make it more like the "PTC / Bux" programs out there. Saying that cause PTCBox is different is what makes it stand out.

IP Logged

Specter

I love being here!

Reply #29 - 6th Jun, 2014 at 3:20pm

moneymarketing wrote on 6th Jun, 2014 at 8:09am:
I lost cash from he main site myself but made it up on the earnings from advertising I bought there so it was a wash for me. Many people did get burned and I can't rule out the possibility that it was set up to be a scam from the start. If the whole site was set up to create a paypal limitation, then yes, it was a scam. I can't prove it one way or another and I have moved past it myself

I guess the best thing to come out of it was the new friends we made.

Welcome back

Well, i could actually prove to you that indeed all the set up of the site was a scam, but as you say, we moved along that now, so why bother Smiley

And thanks for the warm welcome  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print