Send Topic Print
PTCBox, etc. (Read 25058 times)
dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

PTCBox, etc.
29th May, 2014 at 4:39am

Hi,

I see some of you talking about this or that program. And sometime also even complaining about this or that program.

However, what we really could use is another "PTCBox" opportunity.

Any ideas or suggestions?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: PTCBox, etc.
Reply #1 - 29th May, 2014 at 4:44am

PTCBox kind of changed my whole online career.. I'd never complain about it.. Smiley
No other program has managed to get that high so far.. I'd be happy to see another one succeed like that..

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #2 - 29th May, 2014 at 10:01am

Yeah, PtcBox really showed some other dimension. I had nothing to complain about, too.

Clixsense, LinkGrand, WordLinx and very few others have that reputation.

I would love to see such a "ptcbox" opportunity from one of them.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #3 - 29th May, 2014 at 4:48pm

SolidSnake wrote on 29th May, 2014 at 4:44am:
PTCBox kind of changed my whole online career.. I'd never complain about it.. Smiley
No other program has managed to get that high so far.. I'd be happy to see another one succeed like that..

Can we really use the term "succeed"? Considering it crashed at around 1 year? True, it was Paypal limitation that led to its downfall, but then again, so do many PTC sites. Can we really call a site which wasn't prepared to deal with this a success? After all, a PTC site is not just its earning model. It has got to have a whole lot more to back it up. Sadly, the admin of PTCbox wasn't up to that task.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #4 - 29th May, 2014 at 7:10pm

ruicarlov wrote on 29th May, 2014 at 4:48pm:
Can we really use the term "succeed"? Considering it crashed at around 1 year? .

Smiley

Classic!

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #5 - 29th May, 2014 at 7:29pm

I need an opinion on this:

http://www.emoneyspace.com/agstr1

This looks really great and could be something we pursue as a team. I have a couple questions. First, I seem to recall the these guys were having problems paying affiliates. Is this true?

Secondly, this plan is similar to one pushed at Neobux. I'm a member of Neobux and I haven't seen this type of success with NB. I know there are a lot of shysters out there that would out and out lie about their results in order to sell upgrades etc.

Are these numbers realistic or is this just a con?

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #6 - 30th May, 2014 at 2:34am

Sorry to be a bummer but I'm not that happy about ojooo.. and even more I'm not too keen on renting referrals..
This strategy works based on the factor that your rented referrals will earn you more than they cost per month..

How exactly can someone guarantee that?

And secondly, sure sales (including upgrades) pay off well there, but if it's hard to get them on a program with a good reputation such as YGP, how easier will it be on a program that has a short history, its earnings are based on the referral upgrades and it's always been full of hype..? Is it possible that it has crossed 4.000.000 users in such a short time..? Maybe I'm exaggerating but it's kinda really hard for me to put trust on them..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #7 - 30th May, 2014 at 8:04am

SolidSnake wrote on 30th May, 2014 at 2:34am:
Sorry to be a bummer but I'm not that happy about ojooo.. and even more I'm not too keen on renting referrals..
This strategy works based on the factor that your rented referrals will earn you more than they cost per month..

How exactly can someone guarantee that?

And secondly, sure sales (including upgrades) pay off well there, but if it's hard to get them on a program with a good reputation such as YGP, how easier will it be on a program that has a short history, its earnings are based on the referral upgrades and it's always been full of hype..? Is it possible that it has crossed 4.000.000 users in such a short time..? Maybe I'm exaggerating but it's kinda really hard for me to put trust on them..

Yes, that was my concern about the program. I have also seen people openly lie about neobux and what rewards you can get from them so this is why I am skeptical.

It is too bad there is so little accountability on the web

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #8 - 30th May, 2014 at 2:22pm

I'm in ojooo, and while the $30 daily may be reachable with 3000 referrals (i get around $15 with 1700 referrals), the costs of renting lower mean the pure profit is nowhere near that high. It's profitable, but not all that much.

About the payments, yes there are some significant delays.  In hindsight, but I rushed in a bit, since Sophie wasn't faring too bad with the payments, but right now it's still not reliable enough to inspire confidence.

Actually, these kinds of return promises are not completely lies, just partial lies. You see a lot of people telling you can earn $100 daily on Neobux. And that's true. I earn around $100 daily. I could withdraw $100 everyday if I wished to. IF I wanted to just leave my account to die. If I want to keep it going, I spend around $80 daily in renewing referrals and memberships.
Of course, that doesn't sound as pretty on paper as writing $100 everyday.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #9 - 30th May, 2014 at 5:55pm

ruicarlov wrote on 30th May, 2014 at 2:22pm:
I'm in ojooo, and while the $30 daily may be reachable with 3000 referrals (i get around $15 with 1700 referrals), the costs of renting lower mean the pure profit is nowhere near that high. It's profitable, but not all that much.

About the payments, yes there are some significant delays.  In hindsight, but I rushed in a bit, since Sophie wasn't faring too bad with the payments, but right now it's still not reliable enough to inspire confidence.

Actually, these kinds of return promises are not completely lies, just partial lies. You see a lot of people telling you can earn $100 daily on Neobux. And that's true. I earn around $100 daily. I could withdraw $100 everyday if I wished to. IF I wanted to just leave my account to die. If I want to keep it going, I spend around $80 daily in renewing referrals and memberships.

My concern however is closer to how active are the people there and how real are the active rented referrals..
If a site is using bots, even if they are profitable at the moment, the admin has the power to reduce everyone's profits with the click of a button.. that's why I mostly stay away from RRs.. I don't like the idea of the admin being in control of what I can earn and also I don't like limits..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #10 - 30th May, 2014 at 6:47pm

ruicarlov wrote on 30th May, 2014 at 2:22pm:

Yes, that is what I thought. The problem with these types of sales jobs is it gets people's hopes up and then opens them up to disappointment down the road. So they lock into a paid upgrade for a year and then they need to work it for that long just to make their money back. This isn't very helpful for the industry. Sure, you make your money in the first year but you are not building a legacy

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #11 - 31st May, 2014 at 3:22am

ruicarlov wrote on 29th May, 2014 at 4:48pm:
Can we really use the term "succeed"? Considering it crashed at around 1 year? True, it was Paypal limitation that led to its downfall, but then again, so do many PTC sites. Can we really call a site which wasn't prepared to deal with this a success? After all, a PTC site is not just its earning model. It has got to have a whole lot more to back it up. Sadly, the admin of PTCbox wasn't up to that task.

I see your point. On the other hand, I've not seen another affiliate / PTC program that shot off, had that many signups + visitors within a short time span like the way PTCBox did. Thus wouldn't mind another "PTCBox" opportunity, that is just their strength and not its drawbacks.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #12 - 31st May, 2014 at 4:47pm

I'd say ojooo's 4 million members in 1 year are pretty close to that, if they're indeed real. Of course, their problems with payments and cheaters comes to show that growing too quickly may be a liability.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #13 - 31st May, 2014 at 5:10pm

Sometimes one has to try to start a revolution so that even if it fails others can continue from where he left things, later on..

What PTCBox admin tried to tell us is that pay per click doesn't matter that much when your traffic is sky high and your site is crawling with advertisers that would purchase any possible spot at almost any price... they were literally lining up so quickly that PTCBox just didn't have enough available advertising space to serve them all.. I'm sure most of you guys here remember that..

As for the impossible pay per click rate ($0.10 / click at the highest clicker upgrade of $100) it may seem too much but since it had 2 or 3 sponsored ads only it is no different than what the sites offer nowadays, only you need to click 20-50 ads a day to reach that amount.. that doesn't mean they are not sponsored ads at most of the cases..

The important part is that up until the day of the limitation payments were instantly delivered and there were no delays except from errored transactions.. so everybody until its very last moment was happy with it... That is the reason why I call PTCBox a success.

Sure it might have failed if the limitation hadn't happened, but still an "if" alone is not enough as a proof of anything... The program was already in the top online money making and instantly paying sites of all times for almost a year and at the time of the limitation we know it had ~$20.000 in its PayPal account so there was enough room for upcoming payments as well.. There had never been money issues (except for delays in the AlertPay payments that required manual depositing so it normally took some time)..

And to complete my thoughts sharing... I would personally say that for me no other program and admin combination has ever been as inspiring as in PTCBox... (and apparently for a lot of other people as well..)

Ok, I have to quote this video once again..:
There is one more thing.. It's been emotional! Tongue

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #14 - 31st May, 2014 at 10:15pm

ruicarlov wrote on 31st May, 2014 at 4:47pm:
I'd say ojooo's 4 million members in 1 year are pretty close to that, if they're indeed real. Of course, their problems with payments and cheaters comes to show that growing too quickly may be a liability.

Do they accept text ads on Ojooo's homepage?
« Last Edit: 1st Jun, 2014 at 12:05am by dansbanners »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print