Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 90
Send Topic Print
My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com (Read 763429 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com
Reply #120 - 16th Sep, 2014 at 2:58pm

ruicarlov wrote on 16th Sep, 2014 at 11:17am:
But if you think about it, that filter costs 20000 BAP. So if we lose on average 40 BAPs per day in small ads (still need to see how much I lose everyday), it will take 500 days to make the cost worth it.

It's a rather long time, considering we're talking about the PTC business here.

And why not spend those 10 bucks on ads that will give you additional 27900 BAPs that will grant you $15+ much faster than that (+advertising)?

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #121 - 16th Sep, 2014 at 4:35pm

Yep, unless we start to get flooded with a lot of small valued ads, I think the filter brings no benefit, as compounding is slower if we waste $10 on a filter.
On the other hand, for those that already have a filter, that $0.05 upgrade to get recycled ads might work well, since it gives you +2000BAP worth of recycled ads. If you have a filter on, you won't have to worry about getting small ads.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #122 - 16th Sep, 2014 at 6:37pm

Here's an example to get a better view of the whole matter..

I consider very low valued ads the once that are below $0.01 and I don't click them.
Today I got :

2 x $0.0005 , 10 x $0.001 and 5 x $0.002 ads.

The summary of their values is : $0.021
This equals to : $0.021 / $0.0005 = 42 BAPs

So, if we add up some more of them let's say it gets to 50 BAPs lost per day.
It means that I will lose 30 x 50 BAPs = 1500 BAPs per month or 1500 x $0.0005 = $0,75 per month.

The available BAP ads to click daily are 8 for my account, so clicking all of them will grant me 8 x 25 = 200 BAPs.
So to counterbalance the loss completely it means that I have to click either 2 BAP ads daily or all BAP ads for 8 days.

I think that's doable enough for me and it is quite a small loss even if I don't do that every day..
Now I'm not sure how many more they will become as I climb the levels.. maybe MM could help us there.

Ok, of course the filter would help if one's time is really really limited and can't click more than 2-4 ads per day..
Remember it's also not a forced view site, so if you're not very interested in what is advertised you can do that while browsing as well.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #123 - 16th Sep, 2014 at 9:32pm

ruicarlov wrote on 16th Sep, 2014 at 11:17am:
But if you think about it, that filter costs 20000 BAP. So if we lose on average 40 BAPs per day in small ads (still need to see how much I lose everyday), it will take 500 days to make the cost worth it.

It's a rather long time, considering we're talking about the PTC business here.

Yep, you have a point. It could be considered another gimmick. Now that I have it, I'm stuck with it

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #124 - 16th Sep, 2014 at 9:40pm

ruicarlov wrote on 16th Sep, 2014 at 4:35pm:
Yep, unless we start to get flooded with a lot of small valued ads, I think the filter brings no benefit, as compounding is slower if we waste $10 on a filter.
On the other hand, for those that already have a filter, that $0.05 upgrade to get recycled ads might work well, since it gives you +2000BAP worth of recycled ads. If you have a filter on, you won't have to worry about getting small ads.

Grin

Leave me alone Rui with your......thinky stuff  Shocked

SS tell him to stop using his mega brain powers on me!  Angry

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #125 - 16th Sep, 2014 at 9:47pm

SolidSnake wrote on 16th Sep, 2014 at 6:37pm:
Here's an example to get a better view of the whole matter..

I consider very low valued ads the once that are below $0.01 and I don't click them.
Today I got :

2 x $0.0005 , 10 x $0.001 and 5 x $0.002 ads.

The summary of their values is : $0.021
This equals to : $0.021 / $0.0005 = 42 BAPs

So, if we add up some more of them let's say it gets to 50 BAPs lost per day.
It means that I will lose 30 x 50 BAPs = 1500 BAPs per month or 1500 x $0.0005 = $0,75 per month.

The available BAP ads to click daily are 8 for my account, so clicking all of them will grant me 8 x 25 = 200 BAPs.
So to counterbalance the loss completely it means that I have to click either 2 BAP ads daily or all BAP ads for 8 days.

I think that's doable enough for me and it is quite a small loss even if I don't do that every day..
Now I'm not sure how many more they will become as I climb the levels.. maybe MM could help us there.

Ok, of course the filter would help if one's time is really really limited and can't click more than 2-4 ads per day..
Remember it's also not a forced view site, so if you're not very interested in what is advertised you can do that while browsing as well.

I've read some stories in the forum of lots of ads showing up. I think there were about 20 or so of all ads when I started clicking. With the filter it is about 8 per day at 2 cents or higher so about ten or twelve low value ads were showing up.

I also started clicking in the 180k - 360k level because I hadn't realized I had a bunch of milestone bonuses (not active any more) and I didn't understand how the BAP system worked at that time. I jumped on the filter pretty quick but I probably should have done the math first

even still, with SS's calcualtions, it would only take a year to pay for the filter

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #126 - 16th Sep, 2014 at 10:40pm

moneymarketing wrote on 16th Sep, 2014 at 9:40pm:
Grin

Good job, Rui! It worked! Wink Smiley Smiley

Now, something else that has been bothering me is this :

What defines if our own ads will be displayed as low valued or high valued ones..?
There is no option to pay more or less than $1 per 50 clicks so, which mechanism decides that?  Huh

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #127 - 16th Sep, 2014 at 10:48pm

SolidSnake wrote on 16th Sep, 2014 at 10:40pm:
Good job, Rui! It worked! Wink Smiley Smiley

Now, something else that has been bothering me is this :

What defines if our own ads will be displayed as low valued or high valued ones..?
There is no option to pay more or less than $1 per 50 clicks so, which mechanism decides that?  Huh

Not at this point but they are working on a targeting system. Targeting was one of the reasons MTV was made. We were supposed to be able to advertise to people based on their 'traffic value'. So that is why it is called my traffic value and that is the reason behind everyone's earnings being displayed in the forums

you can sort of see how it was originally supposed to work here:

https://www.mytrafficvalue.com/campaign/auction/504.html

You can see how the system details the worth of those that clicked on your ads and the total value of those members

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #128 - 17th Sep, 2014 at 4:12pm

moneymarketing wrote on 16th Sep, 2014 at 9:40pm:
Grin

That's why it's good to have him on the team! Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #129 - 17th Sep, 2014 at 7:07pm

Let me flex my brain muscles a bit more.

The upgrade options (2.99 and 29.99) are actually better than they look at first glance. While the 1-week duration might make them seem worthless, in reality they last as long as it needs fot you to get the value of the upgrade back. If at the end of each week you still haven't received 2.99 of those special issued ads (for the small upgrade), you get that upgrade for another week.
Now imagine that you got 2.80 worth of those ads in the first week. Since it's under 2.99, you get upgraded for another week, which means you might make more than those 2.99 you paid. The worst case scenario is if you make exactly 2.99 after day 7.
And since those ads are always above $0.01, they're rather interesting.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #130 - 17th Sep, 2014 at 11:43pm

ruicarlov wrote on 17th Sep, 2014 at 7:07pm:
Let me flex my brain muscles a bit more.

The upgrade options (2.99 and 29.99) are actually better than they look at first glance. While the 1-week duration might make them seem worthless, in reality they last as long as it needs fot you to get the value of the upgrade back. If at the end of each week you still haven't received 2.99 of those special issued ads (for the small upgrade), you get that upgrade for another week.
Now imagine that you got 2.80 worth of those ads in the first week. Since it's under 2.99, you get upgraded for another week, which means you might make more than those 2.99 you paid. The worst case scenario is if you make exactly 2.99 after day 7.
And since those ads are always above $0.01, they're rather interesting.

That.. thing.. you're doing....
Hmm.... it's working...  Shocked

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #131 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 11:32am

Yes, that's right....

Listen to what I' saying...  very carefully....

Relax, and heed to me

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #132 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 3:16pm

ruicarlov wrote on 18th Sep, 2014 at 11:32am:
Yes, that's right....

Listen to what I' saying...  very carefully....

Relax, and heed to me

Yes.... I have to reach the end of the tunnel... I'm gonna... oh wait.. somewhere around here... was my... stun grenade....

{BOOM}

Wow.. ok, I'm back.. Psycho Mantis tried that trick on Meryl so I know how to evade it.. plus I could always use a second controller.. (or keyboard maybe.. Tongue )

Now, thinking of the upgrades again.. I've got another doubt..
Since at the worst case scenario you will only get back what you invested on the upgrade, that's ok.. zero loss and all..

However, even if it works ok, IMO so far the BAPs deliver high valued ads well (etc. today I clicked another $1 ad..)
So, it's fast enough to just rely on your level group level.. and at any case you will get at least 155% ROI.

Getting ~$1 daily means that, if for example you pay that $3 on ads you will get that $4.65 in ~5 days and you can always reinvest it to make it grow even faster.. so, how do we know that the $3 upgrade will grant us more than that in such a short time?
The same goes for that $20 upgrade..

Looking in the daily reports from the admin might give us the answer but.. of course you could also try it and let us know..  Roll Eyes

Besides.. you're so wanting to be the first to check it out.. Smiley
Don't you hear that little voice in your head asking you to .. "Do it! Do it! Do it!"..

No seriously.. Do it! Do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra70O9nps6E#t=60

Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #133 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 4:16pm

SolidSnake wrote on 18th Sep, 2014 at 3:16pm:
However, even if it works ok, IMO so far the BAPs deliver high valued ads well (etc. today I clicked another $1 ad..)
So, it's fast enough to just rely on your level group level.. and at any case you will get at least 155% ROI.

Yes I got that ad too. My first $1 ad.  Money eyes
The thing with the upgrade is that you receive all you BAP level group ads + the special issued ads. So it's even more cash per day.

SolidSnake wrote on 18th Sep, 2014 at 3:16pm:
Getting ~$1 daily means that, if for example you pay that $3 on ads you will get that $4.65 in ~5 days and you can always reinvest it to make it grow even faster.. so, how do we know that the $3 upgrade will grant us more than that in such a short time?
The same goes for that $20 upgrade..

You're missing something here. BAP levels cover a wide range of BAP points. So someone with 50k and 80k theoretically receive the same amount of $ in ads per day.
This means that someone with 50k, that earns $1 per day, will not benefit from investing a week's earnings immediately, because that only brings his BAP to 70k. This means that he still receives the same amount of daily cash as if he'd never invested those $7.
However, by investing that money in an upgrade, he will start earning more money each day since he will be receiving more ads. This means that cash turnover rate is quicker. After the upgrade expires, the person who invested will have more cash than the one who didn't buy the upgrade.

There is of course an exception to this. If you're near the limit of the BAP level group, you benefit from buying Ads immediately, since it will put you in a higher group -> more earnings per day. 

Naturally, I'm only speaking about theory. I have yet to see how long it lasts and much does an upgrade bring.
I'm not sure if you're able to tell apart the regular daily ads from the special issued ads.
If someone else is in BAP group 4, it would be interesting to compare how many ads +$0.01 we get between regular and upgraded member.

Edited:
What I said up there was all fine and dandy, but I neglected a very important factor. The special issued ads also consume BAP. Which means if we earn exactly 2.99 we're the same in terms of money, but we're worse off in terms of BAP. If we want to reach the same level of BAP at the end, we must earn 8.5$ of extra ads during that upgrade. Since we consume more BAP with the upgrade, only by earning 8.5 and spending it on ads can we reach the same BAP of people who didn't buy the upgrade and used all the earnings to buy ads. However, breaking even is already quite good for in terms of advertising, since upgraded members buy more ads than normal members, so they get more impressions and visits to their sites.

But this all depends on the amount of sales by the site. If sales during the upgrade are low, we're kinda screwed. So it's a risky bet.
« Last Edit: 18th Sep, 2014 at 5:19pm by ruicarlov »  

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #134 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 7:27pm

I clicked an ad for $3.50 today  Shocked

BEST CLICK EVER!  Money Grin

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 90