I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
LinkGrand.com Updates
25th Aug, 2013 at 3:08pm

Recently (5 days ago) I received an email from LinkGrand admin :

Quote:
Dear Advertiser,

I am writing this quickly to tell you of the biggest change to ever happen to me as the owner of LinkGrand. I transferred to a top University (first day of classes were today in fact) as a full-time student to complete my degree in Computer Science. I can already tell, it is not going to be easy. But, I also can see I will learn so much more to take LinkGrand to the extreme in the future.

I am not going to lie to you. The months ahead for me are going to be hard. I have never admitted this to anyone before, but I am going to admit it to you now. I have always had another part-time job to help support myself when LinkGrand wasn't doing so well. In fact, this job has bailed LinkGrand out at a few times. That job is no more!

This means I have to step it up on LinkGrand to survive my next three years as I complete my degree.

But honestly, I need your help right now to get started. I am not asking for donations or anything like that. I am asking that you check out the best feature on LinkGrand right now and give it a try! I am referring to the paid email feature. We send your message out to thousands of members, they click on your website link, and the rates are very cheap. If you haven't already, please, please read more and try this out today at: http://www.linkgrand.com/paidemail.php

And stay tuned because more advertising advancements are coming soon. I want you to know that I greatly appreciate your support and I am excited about this major change in my life and the future !!

Sincerely,

Garrett Rowland
LinkGrand, LLC
http://www.linkgrand.com

And yesterday I received another one..:

Quote:
Dear Advertiser,

The first week of classes went very well. I am extremely glad I was able to make it through this week. And some of you actually helped to make this possible! Thank you.

Last week was hectic. I did not have time to actually code many new things, but I hope to be able to code, debug, and release a new advertising feature by the end of this next week.

In the meantime, I have slashed rates on our homepage for regular link advertisement. Please take advantage now if you can. It will help me, as well as expose your website at half price. http://www.linkgrand.com

I would also like to hear from you soon. What is LinkGrand doing wrong in your opinion? How could we make our advertisement service better? A simple reply to this message will be acceptable.

Thank you again for being a valuable part of not only LinkGrand, but my life at this time.

Best wishes!

Sincerely,
Garrett Rowland
LinkGrand, LLC
http://www.linkgrand.com

I always liked the fact that LinkGrand decided to go fully stable and is still there after all these years,
even though it has very few ads. I had a completely different image of who its admin would be though.

What do you guys think about it?  Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: LinkGrand.com Updates
Reply #1 - 26th Aug, 2013 at 5:34pm

SolidSnake wrote on 25th Aug, 2013 at 3:08pm:
Recently (5 days ago) I received an email from LinkGrand admin :

And yesterday I received another one..:

I always liked the fact that LinkGrand decided to go fully stable and is still there after all these years,
even though it has very few ads. I had a completely different image of who its admin would be though.

What do you guys think about it?  Smiley

I read that too. I wasn't sure about it. I'm glad for him improving his skills. That will pay back personal dividends down the road. I was kind of suspicious about the request for advertising. I felt he was using this as an excuse a bit but he wasn't being pushy about it so I didn't let it bother me. I hope it helped him to drum up some advertising. I've got nothing against the site or the owner and if he can make the opportunity stronger this way then we all win

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: LinkGrand.com Updates
Reply #2 - 26th Aug, 2013 at 8:41pm

moneymarketing wrote on 26th Aug, 2013 at 5:34pm:
I read that too. I wasn't sure about it. I'm glad for him improving his skills. That will pay back personal dividends down the road. I was kind of suspicious about the request for advertising. I felt he was using this as an excuse a bit but he wasn't being pushy about it so I didn't let it bother me. I hope it helped him to drum up some advertising. I've got nothing against the site or the owner and if he can make the opportunity stronger this way then we all win

Well said and.. wow! You've just got your 4th star as a Senior member.. Smiley

Actually LinkGrand was the PTC that initially made me consider opening my own PTC..
Even though their prices are not cheap like other sites, advertisers still buy ads there. (Even I've done so..)

LinkGrand is the proof that if a PTC owner decides to have a stable site to last forever he can do it.

Self sponsored ads are always an option but in my opinion they should never be guaranteed.
They help with the growth but more focus should be put in finding real advertisers to pay the members.

However the Ads Page project is much less time consuming (now that the main script is complete) and also
I think it will be much more profitable than a PTC site so I kind of gave up that idea again. Maybe after the
Ads page gets established enough, I might think of it again (having a good backup income source to ensure
stability).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print