SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: PTP24.com
Reply #15 - 23rd Sep, 2013 at 3:26pm

ruicarlov wrote on 23rd Sep, 2013 at 3:25pm:
Quick question, I signed up using SolidSnake as a referrer. Do you see me there?

Well, yes I do.

Something else to note is that they offer referral earnings when a referral does a cashout.
I noticed that on the referrals page.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #16 - 23rd Sep, 2013 at 3:41pm

Yep, I also noticed that. First I'll try promoting that promotion page using some free credits I have to see how much it detects.

I find it somewhat a contradiction that they say we can promote everywhere with Autosurf, javacript, PPC, PTP and more, and yet they don't allow traffic exchanges..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #17 - 23rd Sep, 2013 at 5:05pm

It's kinda funny yes..
Are you allowed to add html/javascript code to those splash pages you have?

I wouldn't recommend directly promoting their page as it's not worth the expense.. as for free credits it's ok.
But I believe the best way to do so is to put their code on some other page you're promoting..

Based on my stats, not all traffic is calculated.. etc.

Yesterday my site received 3266 unique visitors.
Now based on the graphs the stats in my members page show that the traffic that counts was a total of 1993 visitors.
But even like that the credits I should have received are more than I actually got.. I should have got 993 credits based
on the 3 tiers system but got only ~200 of those if I'm not wrong..

I've tried to contact admin in the past but with no luck.
Well, now I noticed that he has a skype name in his contact page..
I'll give that a try.. left him an "add contact" message.. let's see if he decides to reply.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #18 - 23rd Sep, 2013 at 5:53pm

It's too bad about the traffic exchange part, as I'm holding 20k on easyhits4U (I don't even know how it got that high, since I haven't been promoting it or surfing for the past year.)

Since I can't use it for CashNhits, I've been looking for alternative ways to make those credits worth something (as traffic exchange traffic is close to useless for PTC sites, from my experience)

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #19 - 25th Sep, 2013 at 2:57pm

I've got some updates on the subject.. yesterday I chatted to the admin directly through skype and asked him a couple of questions.. and finallly got some answers. Not all the answers I was seeking for but some answers at least.

Question 1: How do the ads system work?
Answer: He said it shows hidden ads under a background and they might come up as a pop up sometimes.
Comment : Well since I've used it I've never seen a single popup.. but chrome blocks my popups anyway..

Question 2: Why aren't all my visits credited even if they are in the 3 tiers?
Answer: The system counts all of them and we can see our history in the account page. However it only credits unique visitors for all members.. This means that if some other member has brought a visitor first he will get credited. If I bring the same visitor (IP) on my site afterwards then I will not get credited for that visit.
Comment: That explains why I get credited only 1/5 of the actual visitors I see in my graphs.

Question 3: Why are autosurfs allowed and traffic exchanges not..
Answer: He told me that they currently accept traffic exchanges.
Comment: So it is ok to use EasyHits4U as well. I suggested that he makes that visible somewhere in the site and thanked him.

Edited:
Removed content.. as I actually got his reply.

« Last Edit: 25th Sep, 2013 at 4:19pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #20 - 25th Sep, 2013 at 4:28pm

Thanks, Snake. So basically this works a bit like eurosptp. Only the first person bringing a unique IP wins. This means it might get tricky in sites where there is ptp24 content in rotation.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #21 - 25th Sep, 2013 at 4:46pm

Basically yes.. I bring grid clicking traffic in from the PTCs in my list at the bottom of the ads page and only ~1/5th of it is credited.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #22 - 25th Sep, 2013 at 8:06pm

ruicarlov wrote on 25th Sep, 2013 at 4:28pm:
Thanks, Snake. So basically this works a bit like eurosptp. Only the first person bringing a unique IP wins. This means it might get tricky in sites where there is ptp24 content in rotation.

I hate it when sites pull that. It is dishonest. Since everyone knows the industry standard is to credit the unique view per affiliate page, they are using the gullibility of the members causing them to think they will get more credits than they think they will get  Angry

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #23 - 26th Sep, 2013 at 3:08pm

Discussing a bit more with him he told me that he doesn't display that traffic exchanges are allowed anywhere on his site,
because he doesn't want to encourage people in using them.

As for the dishonesty part, I agree that it's not perfectly fine.. but this actually prevents illegal activity like opening
multiple accounts and puting all referral links in the same pages and multiplying the same traffic to their benefit.

The only thing I still don't get is how exactly does he make money to pay his members.. It simply makes no sense
no matter what he tells me about hidden ads.. There is no advertising option on the site at all.. I really don't get it.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #24 - 26th Sep, 2013 at 4:26pm

Yes, it's definitely strange. I can understand about the promote page. It's simillar to how cashnhits, eurosptp and other ptp sites work. But that little java code is very strange. I've already tested and I do indeed get a couple of hits (40 per day), which kind of match my google analytics data minus 10/11. But I really don't see any sites and no popup block signal shows up

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #25 - 26th Sep, 2013 at 7:40pm

Well, I did some more researching to put some light to the mystery of PTP24.

I was curious about what that javascript code contains and noticed the file link is :

http://ptp24.com/promote.js

So I checked that up and see the following code included :

Code:
document.write('<iframe src="http://ptp24.com/promote-');
document.write(ptp24username);
document.write('.html" width="1" height="1" style="visibility: hidden"></iframe>'); 

which basically means that all it does is take the username provided and attach it to the code.
So the result for my own username SolidSnake is :

Code:
<iframe src="http://ptp24.com/promote-SolidSnake.html" width="1" height="1" style="visibility: hidden"></iframe> 

This is a normal ptp code to display a frame of ads but by setting this to hidden
it probably means that it loads the ads but does not actually display them.

Now why would he want to do that?

Well, at least we know there's nothing strange or risky happening with his code.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print