Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 21
Send Topic Print
ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy (Read 195154 times)
zanderpm

I love being here!

ConstantBux - New PTC, focused on consistancy
19th May, 2013 at 7:09am

Constant Bux launched yesterday.  It's focused on being consistent instead of crazy, so that it never has any trouble paying it's users.  The rates are pretty good too, especially referral rates.

www.constantbux.com

Edited:
Edit by SolidSnake :
Edited the title of the thread to contain the name of the site being discussed.
« Last Edit: 20th Nov, 2013 at 5:37pm by SolidSnake »  

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: New PTC launched yesterday, focused on consistancy
Reply #1 - 19th May, 2013 at 12:08pm

Hello zanderpm, (and  Smiley to the X-PTCBox forum!)
I've just checked constantbux.com but it seems we can't get detailed info on the advertising rates, upgraded memberships and click rates unless we sign-up. I assume you're the owner of the site, so could you please provide us with some more information?

Regarding PTC Advertisement types (standard, mini, extended etc.)

1. What is the cost per 1000 clicks for the advertiser
2. What is the duration in seconds of each ad type
3. How much can a standard member earn per personal click for each ad type
4. How much can a standard member earn per referral click for each ad type
5. Will there be guaranteed / self sponsored ads daily?

Also regarding upgrades and referring

1. Are there direct/rented referral limits?
2. Could you please post a link/screenshot of the upgraded features table from the site?

Since there's a lot of team work in this forum, if we feel constantbux.com is interesting, a couple of members
could join it as a team and I might also support it by purchasing advertising for PTCBox.Me

Thank you for your time!

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #2 - 19th May, 2013 at 10:34pm

Thanks a bunch for the heads up, I didn't realize that this information wasn't visible.  I'll be sure to put that up.  In the meantime, here's some of that information you requested.

1. The cost for 1000 30 second ads is currently $20 (although that might come down soon)  Of course, packs can be bought in different amounts and for different time periods.  The cheapest pack is 100 5 second ads for $1.

2. Ads can currently be purchased in 5, 15, 30 and 60 second increments.

3. Standard members make $.001, $.002, $.005, and $.01 respectively, Whether it's their click, or their direct/rented referral/s click.

5. I've been slowly adding self sponsored ads over the past few days.  Right now I'm at five I think, and I'll probably keep it close to there, although I really need to find some advertisers, because it's obviously not sustainable if I sponsor all the ads.

1. Rented referrals are limited to "strongly encourage" membership upgrades, (which are relatively reasonably priced) but there are no limits, charges, ect on direct referrals.  It seems to me that direct referrals are kind of the life blood of a PTC, I don't see any reason to limit them.

2. Here's a rough screenshot of some important things:

I realize as I'm writing this that my rates are less competitive than I thought, but I also do a lot of special deals and stuff.  (Yesterday all ads were half price and today banner ads are really cheap)  I feel like this is a more stable model because I have more control over when prices are cheaper, rather than promising pricing I can't sustain.  Anyway, I appreciate your time and help, and I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have!
« Last Edit: 20th May, 2013 at 1:33am by SolidSnake »  

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #3 - 20th May, 2013 at 1:33am

(Note : I fixed your image to be visible without the need to visit the image hosting service)

Well, $20 for 1000 clicks is sustainable yep.. though I'm sorry to say but I think it will be practically impossible to get an advertiser at that PTC rate..

But I feel it may increase your selling odds if in that price you also included some additional non-incentive advertising.

For example :

Banner advertising
Text ads
Login ads
AdGrid ads etc.

You could also increase the duration of the most expensive ads to 60 seconds..

There are sites where we can get 1000 clicks for $1.. so in order to sell at your price you should make the offer really competitive without raising your own costs as it would affect your site's stability. Remember it's not always enough to have a stable site.. you need to keep a balance between the member's earnings and the advertiser's expense.

It's good however that you understand the point of stability. Not many admins around do that's why we end up having more scams than legit opportunities online... Well, that's all for now.. I hope I helped. Smiley

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #4 - 20th May, 2013 at 3:21am

This was really helpful, thanks.

I'm going to lower my prices a little I think, but I'd like some advice on that.  Right now it's set up so that the most a user can make on a click (upgraded user and upgraded upline) is equal to the cost of the click.  (That means no losses, which should equal strong sustainability)  What would be the most stable way for me to bring prices down?  (I'm also going to add some other things to the package, as suggested.  Waiting for support to help me on that.)

The most expensive click option is 60 seconds.  Is that what you meant or are you suggesting something else?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 20th May, 2013 at 4:47pm

Yes, although some friends could disagree with me on waiting for a minute to get $0.01 but I believe it's not that bad.
It has worked well in the past.. if anybody remembers bux.to... members didn't have a problem with waiting.

Actually these days members will do a lot to get that $0.01 with all the PTCs now giving $0.001 per click..
which I personally deeply disapprove..

To explain why I do so, let's take neobux for a example as it's the most popular PTC and somehow it can be considered as a price setter in this industry.

In neobux members see many different kind of ads including micro and fixed advertisements that pay $0.001 to both stardard and upgraded members. It's the main type of ads that are available most of the time.

So a user has to visit a site and wait for 5 seconds to get credited $0.001. This way he will need at least 10 x 5 = 50 seconds to get $0.01 by them and it will take him more time if we include closing windows and open the new ads..

As a member I definitely prefer to visit a site for 60 seconds without having to open-close 10 windows during that minute. This way I could actually check/read the site that the advertiser there is paying me to visit. 60 seconds is enough time to get a clue about what it is about and I have time to read and think. Maybe even browse it.. either way, I'll be an active visitor as it won't be a boring process of opening and closing windows to get credited.

Now from the advertiser's point of view I really think that the 5 seconds duration is useless if I seek quality.. Very few people will actually pay attention or read something on a site that they only have to look at for 5 seconds and then close it to get paid. Though the price is very low ($5 for 2500 views + Adgrid bonus) but really I won't do it if I'm interested in quality visitors for my site (read, buy something, join a program, etc).

Of course there's nothing wrong with having small packages as well but I really think you should aim the advertisers to the big ones.

Generally speaking we need to help this industry survive after all this negative feedback it has received from the scams and extremely low earning ratios. People need to understand that this industry is here for a reason. To drive actual active visitors on a site that its owner has paid cash to receive.. not to drive mindless bots on a site. We could use autosurfs for free to do that..

So, to sum it up, I would suggest that you keep the expensive package of $20 for 1000 visits of 60 seconds that pay up to $0.01 to users according to their membership type and include a couple of bonuses to make it more appealing to advertisers. You could get creative on that.. how about adding etc. some 10.000 or 20.000 bonus banner impressions in the price or text ad or some time on a static featured ad link. Back in the days when PTCBox had reached ultimate levels people would pay $80 to have their link on the featured ad space for a month.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #6 - 20th May, 2013 at 4:47pm

Here's an example of an ad packages system :

Gold Package - Cost $20 and includes :
1000 visits of 60 seconds duration + 20.000 free banner impressions + 1 week of Elite Membership
Members will earn up to $0.01 / click and $0.01 / referral click for this ad. (up to $0.005 for standard members)

Silver Package - Costs $10 and includes :
1000 visits of 30 seconds duration + 10.000 free banner impressions + 1 week of Premium Membership
Members will earn up to $0.005 / click and $0.005 / referral click for this ad. (up to $0.0025 for standard members)

Bronze Package - Costs $5 and includes :
1000 visits of 15 seconds duration + 5.000 free banner impressions
Members will earn up to $0.0025 / click and $0.0025 / referral click for this ad. (up to $0.00125 for standard members)

I think this would be really innovative and will achieve a great balance between members and advertisers. You could play with the prices too as long as it's fullly stable. I would recommend making the Bronze package give $0.001 to standard members and $0.002 to upgraded so that you will make a profit from this sale type. So if people go with the cheapest option you will earn more.. if people go with the silver or gold options you will benefit from their activity as upgraded members. People might purchase ads to be upgraded so you'll end up having a very active and stable site.

Well, I guess I'm full of ideas today..  Smiley
I wish you all the best with it and I'll definitely support you as a member, promoter and advertiser too if you make such bargains. Smiley
« Last Edit: 20th May, 2013 at 4:54pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #7 - 21st May, 2013 at 5:36am

I definitely agree with you about the view times.  Sometimes the really short times are almost useless.  Although, I have to say that sometimes I'll go do something else while I'm waiting on an ad to time out, if it's something that I'm not interested in or have seen before.  But if it's only 5 or 10 seconds, it's usually easier just to wait, which might technically mean more time viewing the ads.  The bottom line is I'm happy with whatever time the advertiser wants, as long as they're the one with the cash.

I think you package deal idea is wonderful, and I've implemented it almost word for word.  (I hope that's ok)  Hopefully this'll work for me!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #8 - 21st May, 2013 at 5:41am

zanderpm wrote on 21st May, 2013 at 5:36am:
I definitely agree with you about the view times.  Sometimes the really short times are almost useless.  Although, I have to say that sometimes I'll go do something else while I'm waiting on an ad to time out, if it's something that I'm not interested in or have seen before.  But if it's only 5 or 10 seconds, it's usually easier just to wait, which might technically mean more time viewing the ads.  The bottom line is I'm happy with whatever time the advertiser wants, as long as they're the one with the cash.

I think you package deal idea is wonderful, and I've implemented it almost word for word.  (I hope that's ok)  Hopefully this'll work for me!

By the way make sure you don't allow the member to leave the window unfocused..
Take clixsense for example. There's no way to trick their system. If you pay for 30 seconds, the members will stay 30 seconds on the ad. There's no escaping.. as the timer stops if you focus on another window.. Smiley

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #9 - 21st May, 2013 at 6:08am

Yea, I forgot about Clixsense.  Neobux will let you move to a different window.  I do that sometimes because their standard ads are usually the same, so I've seen most of them hundreds of times.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #10 - 21st May, 2013 at 6:14am

Anyway, any more fantastic tips?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #11 - 21st May, 2013 at 4:31pm

zanderpm wrote on 21st May, 2013 at 6:14am:
Anyway, any more fantastic tips?

Well, some referral bonuses could also be interesting. Smiley

Maybe add a few to ad or membership purchases or maybe offer some free random referrals to upgraded members.
This will motivate people to upgrade more often.

But since you work with rented referrals then maybe it would be preferable for your site to offer bonus "rented" referrals etc. for a month. This will prevent running out of them since they will expire after a month. It's good that you offer free deletion too, since it won't force anyone to pay a fee he didn't approve.

And also from my experience I've seen that promos do a great job too. Have one or two active at a time.
Bonuses could include gifts that do not cost you anything, like extra refs, non-incentive ads or some days free upgrades.

etc. you could offer a bonus to the top 3 members with the most ad purchases per month.. (<- this could prove really beneficial)
Or to the top 3 members with the most banner - referral - membership upgrades or even total purchases per month.
The top clickers could also be rewarded..

(I suggest the top 3 because if the bonus goes only to the first, members may get discouraged that it will be too hard to beat the competition so they won't even try).

Btw I've decided to join your site and take an inner look and help you through.

Is there anyone that would like to have me as his referral on constantbux?
The first one to post here will get me.. (zanderpm you'll get 2 new members this way.. Smiley )
« Last Edit: 22nd May, 2013 at 8:21pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #12 - 21st May, 2013 at 10:48pm

Just finished implementing the referrals bonus stuff.  Let me know if it's close to what you were thinking.  Another good idea, by the way.  And I'm looking forward to doing the top three contest thing, although I think it might make more sense for me to wait until at least a couple people start buying things before I start that.

And I'm looking forward to having you around!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #13 - 22nd May, 2013 at 8:15pm

Joined unreferred. Now let's see. Smiley
« Last Edit: 23rd May, 2013 at 3:00am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #14 - 23rd May, 2013 at 3:14am

First things, first you need to take care of the upgrading and the advertising section a bit.
First of all, the prices are not set correctly. 1000 visits of 30 seconds still cost $20 while you still say it should be $10 in the package description, the same goes to the 60 seconds ads ($40 while they should be $20).

Also, check out the upgraded membership names.. and fix them where appropriate. Are they silver and golden, or super and epic? Both are mentioned so it's kinda confusing.

I'm really starting to believe that you have a great concept for a ptc site and with proper sponsors you will do great.
I'll start promoting it right away and see how it goes, but please fix these issues firstly.

Edited:
BTW, the ad "My Success With Stock Investing" is a frame breaker.
« Last Edit: 23rd May, 2013 at 3:28am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 21
Send Topic Print