Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print
PTCSolution.com - Seems interesting (Read 168637 times)
dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Re: PTCSolution.com - Seems interesting
Reply #60 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 1:46pm

moneymarketing wrote on 15th Nov, 2013 at 8:26am:
It is not like the admin disappeared and is not in communication with the members (it could be argued that he is doing this to buy time but I don't think this is the case)

Well, you could say the same about the PTCBox admin. He didn't exactly disappear immediately at first either only for him to eventually do it. Alright hope for the best.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #61 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 1:49pm

SolidSnake wrote on 14th Nov, 2013 at 11:25pm:
How long has it been since your purchase?
We've got 45 days since the purchase day to file a dispute so there is time..

Yes that crossed my mind as well

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #62 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 6:40pm

dansbanners wrote on 15th Nov, 2013 at 1:46pm:
Well, you could say the same about the PTCBox admin. He didn't exactly disappear immediately at first either only for him to eventually do it. Alright hope for the best.

Yes, your point is valid. We gave him way too much room and there was always the next excuse. I won't be doing that this time. If excuses keep coming out and not resolutions, then I'll probably file. It is still early at this point

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #63 - 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:04pm

Small update.. after some suggestions I got a reply from admin in the PTCSolution Forum.

Quote:
SolidSnake:
Even if it doesn't work out well with PayPal, I think Payza and EgoPay are good options.
Also since your members (including me) will support you, you might consider purchasing
an SSL certificate and add direct credit/debit card support. [...]

(The reason I'm saying this is cause I was really close to PTCBox.com admin in the past and he just
gave up too soon when PayPal limited his account as well. Always remember that there is really much
more to gain if you stay alive in this industry than when running away).

Quote:
PTCSolution Admin:
That was my plan to keep the party going even if PayPal will say "good bye". I'm not going to leave my baby as I spend too much time and too much money just to leave the site. Other thing is the reputation, I cannot imagine saying "sorry folks, I've tried but no joy" to advertisers and users. I'm not this kind of person.

SSL certs is already in place it's just not used as there is a lot of mess with ads displayed on the site and with clicking as while watching ads you mixed ssl and non-ssl stuff together and most likely current browsers will cause problems with that.

Introducing debit/credit card support - I though about that as well, i've checked for example www.2checkout.com offer. 1st of all I don't know how would they answer about supporting PTC site but even if they would say yes take a look at the fees: 5.5% + $0.45 per transaction..

So we have for example an advertisement worth $100. Customer is paying $100 and I'm getting $94,05 from that. 6 bucks goes just nowhere. And I really cannot ask advertiser to cover those fees as he is gonna say - Censored that, I'm gonna find the other site with proper payment processors (like PayPal). There is no win-win situation I'm afraid.

When you mentioned PTCBox.com I just said to myself - now I know that I've "seen" you before Smiley I can only agree that admin of ptcbox and matrix mails just gave up to easily. Fortunatelly that's not my nature to give up.

Well he seems like a nice type.. let's hope he'll fight stronger than the one of PTCBox..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #64 - 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:44pm

SolidSnake wrote on 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:04pm:
Small update.. after some suggestions I got a reply from admin in the PTCSolution Forum.

Well he seems like a nice type.. let's hope he'll fight stronger than the one of PTCBox..

Smiley

We still don't know if the guy running PTCBox was the one who built it. It seems the people who build the site from scratch have a lot more emotional investment in their project and are not willing to let it die. I'm sure you would put up a bit of a fight if PP tried to close down your ad page

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #65 - 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:50pm

moneymarketing wrote on 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:44pm:
Smiley

We still don't know if the guy running PTCBox was the one who built it. It seems the people who build the site from scratch have a lot more emotional investment in their project and are not willing to let it die. I'm sure you would put up a bit of a fight if PP tried to close down your ad page

As we may recall does it seem that one of the admins had left earlier, even months before PTCBox went bellied up?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #66 - 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:52pm

moneymarketing wrote on 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:44pm:
Smiley

Well, I could tell that from first hand.
Thankfully PayPal has no control over my site.. Smiley It's not even supported by my host anymore.. lol.
And unlike PTCs if they decide to shutdown my account I won't end up owning anyone any money..
I'll simply use the rest of the processors. In my new version Payza and EgoPay are included.
I just need to write down a specific T.o.S. page for it and come up with a refund policy cause Payza requires me to have them.

dansbanners wrote on 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:50pm:
As we may recall does it seem that one of the admins had left earlier, even months before PTCBox went bellied up?

I think that was mostly the case with MatrixMails..
Hadn't that happened even before the official PTCBox launch date?

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #67 - 16th Nov, 2013 at 11:52pm

SolidSnake wrote on 16th Nov, 2013 at 9:52pm:
I think that was mostly the case with MatrixMails..Hadn't that happened even before the official PTCBox launch date?

No, I think that happened after PTCBox was launched. That there were two admins but one eventually left. And I think I also recalled the last admin saying he had a handful cause the other one left thus he was doing everything alone from that point on. I think? 

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #68 - 18th Nov, 2013 at 3:57pm

Ok, what's the update with PTCSolution?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #69 - 18th Nov, 2013 at 6:09pm

dansbanners wrote on 18th Nov, 2013 at 3:57pm:

he's got a workaround with paypal, he's using his wife's account(with people supposedly opening disputes). His PP account (not his wife's) has been escalated so they should review it very soon. Share purchases are frozen but we are still getting paid on active shares owned and that is paying into our general account. I assume we can cash that money out if we want

so everything is starting to get back to normal. We're just waiting on the final decision from Paypal

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #70 - 18th Nov, 2013 at 8:04pm

dansbanners wrote on 16th Nov, 2013 at 11:52pm:
No, I think that happened after PTCBox was launched. That there were two admins but one eventually left. And I think I also recalled the last admin saying he had a handful cause the other one left thus he was doing everything alone from that point on. I think? 

Could be.. I remember something like that being discussed.. I spent 4 hours yesterday reading that old
"Official PayPal Issue Thread" with no luck.. I went through all the mess of those days like living a deja vu..  Phew

Unfortunately the backup I have was before the thread deletion and when we brought it back the discussion
continued until the GetPaidReview takedown.. Too bad I don't have a backup of those extra posts..

I remember Didcot trying to find the admin's data (address, phone, etc) with no luck..
The clue was that the first admin might have been using the "GetPaidReview" account in the forum instead
of the "PTCBox" one that was considered a super moderator. Anyway.. I guess it doesn't play much of a role now..

To get back to PTCSolution, I read that they had some server issues yesterday causing some members to have to
do their clicks again.. I've been noticing a few clicks to go missing on my refs these last few days and I was gonna
ask them but I guess it's because of that issue.. Besides they're not many (2-3 clicks in ~400) so I'll give them a break.

Btw, due to ConstantBux contests people seem to be promoting well cause I got 6 new refs coming form my banners there
since yesterday. Looks like a good way to promote PTCSolution.. I'll just promote ConstantBux and get refs for both.. Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #71 - 19th Nov, 2013 at 5:28am

dansbanners wrote on 18th Nov, 2013 at 3:57pm:

I made a $50 request for funds that should happen sometime this week. It could be a coincidence but he is claiming that he was hit by a DDOS attack. If I take the $50 now then I can always reinvest it again in the future when he gets the shares back in order

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #72 - 19th Nov, 2013 at 11:42am

Well, just an idea.. if you plan on reinvesting maybe you should pick another payment processor.. maybe Payza or EgoPay.
This way we'll see how those of his accounts are behaving.. are the fees different between these processors when withdrawing?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #73 - 19th Nov, 2013 at 5:58pm

SolidSnake wrote on 19th Nov, 2013 at 11:42am:
Well, just an idea.. if you plan on reinvesting maybe you should pick another payment processor.. maybe Payza or EgoPay.
This way we'll see how those of his accounts are behaving.. are the fees different between these processors when withdrawing?

Now that you mention it, I might not even have the choice. He was talking about how he might have to separate the share side from the PTC side if he gets his paypal back.

It's not a big deal for me. Clixsense pays in both

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #74 - 19th Nov, 2013 at 6:24pm

Since many sites only allow unlimited withdrawals from the processor people invested the most. I think it's best to keep both options open. Try to invest the same from each processor, so that you're able to cashout from whichever works best for you. Paypal problems? Use Payza. Payza monkeying around? Use Paypal.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print