Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
credit based splash pages (Read 5344 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
credit based splash pages
5th Apr, 2013 at 10:06pm

I don't know why more sites don't use this but with all the perpetual credits I have built up, I'm looking for sites that give ad credits for showing their splash and referral pages.

I'm not so interested in PTP pages at this point because usually credits are of a better value if you can convert them to advertising on the site you are promoting.

Does anybody know of sites that give credits for showing referral pages?

I know adsvert does as well as the traffic exchange TS25(limited and for upgraded members)

This once was a popular option but it fell away because of all the cheating involved. It wouldn't be too hard to police as long as you limit the number of credits like TS25 does but they don't give enough per page show to make it worth using them

Another one is click voyager but they also don't give enough for a significant benefit

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: credit based splash pages
Reply #1 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 1:42pm

I'm not sure what you gain by that.

I also have around 5k credits built up at easyhits4u, for example.
So you want sites where you can promote referral and/or splash pages and get credits on those sites? But doesn't that just shift credits from one place to another? If you have credits in one site why not just advertise what you want there and go the roundabout way of passing them to a second site?

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #2 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 6:34pm

ruicarlov wrote on 6th Apr, 2013 at 1:42pm:
I'm not sure what you gain by that.

Some would say it's a good "backup". If you were to promote a referral link at an advertising source and are not getting too many signups as a result, you're at least some getting credits from it.

For instance, some would say that the click / signup ratio is usually not all that great promoting a referral link in a traffic exchange. In that case you might as well promote a referral page you could generate some credits with as a "backup" and to try to generate some compounding growth with.

Whereas if you were to promote a referral link that does not offer referring page credits in a program or traffic campaign and do not get any signups from it, you kind of felt that the advertising was wasted.

If you know what I mean?

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #3 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 10:20pm

Yes, I see what you mean.

It's a good plan. But I don't remember ever coming across a site which offered such possibility. Then again, it's not like I'm a very "travelled" surfer.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #4 - 7th Apr, 2013 at 2:16pm

What Dan said. What it does is lower the risk for the promoter and gives more incentive to promote. If the site were to put banner ads or text link ads on the splash/home page then they would be expanding their ad viewer base so they would be getting a benefit for the site and their advertisers also

David

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print