Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
What is the key to a successful PTC? (Read 64589 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
What is the key to a successful PTC?
1st Apr, 2013 at 1:23pm

So, after watching so many PTC programs come and go, very few succeed and almost all of them fail,
this is gonna be a long discussion on what makes a PTC program successful. In this thread we're gonna
discuss most of the problems that can occur, factors that play a huge part on a PTC's stability, and what
should a site owner keep in mind BEFORE deciding to open a new PTC program.

There are some very experienced promoters, owners and members here sharing their opinions so this thread
is gonna be helpful for practically anyone interested in participating in this risky industry.

We hope new comers get the help they definitely need in order to avoid scams and prevent heavy losses after
reading this thread. At any case do not hesitate to ask any questions you have regarding PTCs, express your
personal opinions, doubts, and also fresh ideas to be discussed.

Best of luck on your online business everyone!

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: What happened to CashClixs.com
Reply #1 - 31st Mar, 2013 at 10:44pm

SolidSnake wrote on 31st Mar, 2013 at 12:33pm:
It is really sad, to see this industry failing all the time venkat.. I agree with you here.
After so many years, we now know that there are a lot of honest people online wiling to click ads daily,
and also many experienced ones that are wiling to invest and promote a program successfully.

All these programs need is good planning and stability.. but there are always so many important factors
to consider that usually one unexpected issue is enough to make them fail.. But also the willingness of
the admin plays a big part on how these issues will be dealt with..

So, what should we do..

I think I'll open a very interesting discussion based on this question later this evening as I've got to go right now.

As I said to Dan in a private email, when I learned that these sites were losing money on every click and losing big time money on premium members clicks, I knew right there that this was a problem.

What people need to do is bring in a format that has them at least breaking even on everything on the site and not depend on banner sales to bail them out.

Maybe sites should look at paying a commission on everything so they can then charge a lower rate on some things and pay a lower rate on clicks. Instead of being greedy and letting people make a commission on only a couple of site functions maybe they should give people more incentive to promote by making them more a participant in the earnings. Another idea that wouldn't be too bad is to pay a revenue share model so that when the site makes money, the member makes money. If they are upgraded, they make more money and for each active referral they have they make even more money

And I have never understood the idea of limiting the number of referrals. I don't care if people don't like it but it is just common sense that some people have the gift and resources to promote while others don't. When I see a site saying to me that I can only bring in 25 referrals (which I could do with one ad run) and those referrals are only going to make me a couple bucks, where is my incentive to promote. I know that it is a numbers game and the more referrals you bring in the better the chance you will make money

I'm not going to mention names but I am a affiliate at two site:

Site A I have been a member of for close to six months. I'm 'allowed' to have 276 referrals by now but I have 50. I had more but they were scrubbed by the system due to inactivity(Another issue I disagree with)

I ha been  member of site B for two months. I already have 176 referrals and I am allowed to have an unlimited number. I have put this site into my advertising stream and am getting a few referrals every day. Site A I will only advertise when I have nothing else to put up which is practically never.

The point is, I have no incentive to advertise site A and every incentive to advertise site B.  Smiley

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: What happened to CashClixs.com
Reply #2 - 1st Apr, 2013 at 11:55am

I think the lesson I've been learning from these last two sites (PTCbox and CashClixs) is that it's way too much risky to bet in new sites. Lots of problems can happen: paypal limitation, host problems..... There's s strong need for bakcup plans.

That's what separates the sucessful sites from the ones that fail. Paypal troubles can happen to everyone. But Neobux and CashNhits, for example, went through it and survived. They didn't keep all their money in the paypal balance and thus were able to keep things going through the worst part.

I'm not sure which site that was hit with some hosting problem, but I remember seeing something about migration to  another host when sh*t happened.

The point is, only the sites that are ready to adapt to these situations have a higher chance of survival. Which means I'll probably stick to sites that have been online for more than an year. It's more likely that they've built some experience dealing with issues like these.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: What is the key to a successful PTC?
Reply #3 - 1st Apr, 2013 at 5:36pm

I liken the new sites to penny stocks. They carry more risk than the established companies because they haven't gone through the business trials.

I am much more likely to trust a site that has over 50,000 members and has been around for a few years than a new start up

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #4 - 1st Apr, 2013 at 6:12pm

Coming right after the PTCbox fiasco, I though StillSleeping had things better planned. Pherhaps that was naive of me.
Well, at the very least I didn't think something would happen so soon. I mean, the site started when? December/January? I decided to invest in a 6-month membership and some advertising to see how things went. I expected to recover my investment after 3-4 months. I was just about finished expanding my downline and was starting to reap some profits. Then things went downhill at the very worst moment possible. I had almost no time to recover my investmentat all, resulting in a $200 loss. Ouch.

This just comes to show me that making sensible coments PTC site does not mean you make a sucessful PTC owner.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 1st Apr, 2013 at 7:38pm

ruicarlov wrote on 1st Apr, 2013 at 6:12pm:
Coming right after the PTCbox fiasco, I though StillSleeping had things better planned. Pherhaps that was naive of me.
Well, at the very least I didn't think something would happen so soon. I mean, the site started when? December/January? I decided to invest in a 6-month membership and some advertising to see how things went. I expected to recover my investment after 3-4 months. I was just about finished expanding my downline and was starting to reap some profits. Then things went downhill at the very worst moment possible. I had almost no time to recover my investmentat all, resulting in a $200 loss. Ouch.

This just comes to show me that making sensible coments PTC site does not mean you make a sucessful PTC owner.

I also invested in premium membership for 3 months but I managed to get back those expenses even with some small profit..
But if we include promoting costs and ads I purchased on cashclixs that have not been delivered yet I'm also in a big time loss.

However StillSleeping supported me greatly with advertising this forum since the very beginning so I don't really feel
like I've lost much.. If I was to pay for all the traffic I've received from him, the amount would climb higher than all
of my investments there put together.. the site was still at the very beginning.. so even from the scamming side it
would make no sense closing it this fast.. and I really don't thing it was planned by him.. It only saddens me that he
didn't even drop by to give us a brief explanation.. We all fail from time to time as this is a very unstable industry..
The worst thing is not really to fail.. but to disappear without a word. If he tells us what went wrong, at least we'll
all learn something from it..

As for the host shutting down his account, this is something that one have to research a lot before opening a site.
There are specific hosts that specialize in PTC hosting as most of the usual hosts have a "we hate PTCs" policy
just like free ones (blogspot, weebly etc). Before opening PTCBox.Me at maderite hosting, I had sent support requests
to almost any famous hosting site, asking them what is their policy against sites related to PTCs and how they
will handle it if I drive excessive traffic to my site through PTCs. Some suggested that I would rent a dedicated server
or some even that they don't accept investment or paid-to sites content.

And we know that there should always be a backup plan.. when it comes to payment processors or hosts..
It's almost been a week since the site is down. Most server transfers last less than 72 hours so if backups were
kept frequently enough, I'm sorry to say that the site should have already been up and running.. in order to avoid loss of trust.
« Last Edit: 1st Apr, 2013 at 8:03pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #6 - 1st Apr, 2013 at 9:42pm

SolidSnake wrote on 1st Apr, 2013 at 7:38pm:
However StillSleeping supported me greatly with advertising this forum since the very beginning so I don't really feel
like I've lost much.. If I was to pay for all the traffic I've received from him, the amount would climb higher than all
of my investments there put together.. the site was still at the very beginning.. so even from the scamming side it
would make no sense closing it this fast.. and I really don't thing it was planned by him.. It only saddens me that he
didn't even drop by to give us a brief explanation.. We all fail from time to time as this is a very unstable industry..
The worst thing is not really to fail.. but to disappear without a word. If he tells us what went wrong, at least we'll
all learn something from it..

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying StillSleeping is a scammer, just like I don't believe PTCbox's admin was a scammer either. All I'm saying is that they lacked the necessary precautions one should have in a risky business such as this.
That and the silence that followed the falls. Even a 'mea culpa' would be something.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #7 - 1st Apr, 2013 at 9:52pm

ruicarlov wrote on 1st Apr, 2013 at 9:42pm:
Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying StillSleeping is a scammer, just like I don't believe PTCbox's admin was a scammer either. All I'm saying is that they lacked the necessary precautions one should have in a risky business such as this.
That and the silence that followed the falls. Even a 'mea culpa' would be something.

Actually, we are saying the exact same thing for both of them.. Smiley
I never said they did.. I just said that it would make no sense if they did..

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #8 - 2nd Apr, 2013 at 12:15am

I think it could also be a question of that maybe there's just way too many "CashClixs" like programs out there. That in order for a program to succeed it'll help if they have something "unique". Otherwise, there'd be too much competition among programs that are too similar and all. Sometime one has to ask oneself "what's different or unique about this program?" or "Is it something new", etc. IMHO.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #9 - 2nd Apr, 2013 at 2:28am

Here are some of my thoughts regarding a "stable" PTC model..

1.Rates
A good start for building a successful PTC in my opinion is deciding the prices/paying rates correctly from the start,
and always keep them stable. We can't promise $0.02 to a member for each click and even more from their referrals
when we only get less than $0.01 from advertisers.. It simply cannot work this way, sooner or later when thousands
of members upgrade and click they will overflow their earnings up to a level that the site won't be able to handle.

2.Discounts
Owners should be very careful with discounts on bigger PTC packages as such offers de-stabilize a PTC site.
Offering the same clicks at lower prices is gonna make the site unstable as advertisers populate the site.
A better idea would be to offer non-incentive advertising along with the clicks which is also expensive and
effective most of the times. Best of all it is completely cost-free for the site so it doesn't affect its stability.

3.Traffic-Advertisers Relation
Moreover, something else that owners should always keep in mind is that advertisers (besides close supporters) only
come after the site's traffic is high enough to make advertising worthwhile. So this is an endless loop.. but traffic has
to be there first and that's initially admin's cost :

Site Traffic => leading to => Adverisers => leading to => more Site Traffic => more Advertisers => ... etc.

Advertisers lead to more site traffic because purchasing PTC ads, will attract more members that will want to click them.
And more active members will also attract more advertisers..

4.Advertisements Prices
However a good point is the expense for the advertiser. Think about it.. how much would you be willing to pay per click?
Of course it depends on the visitor's value.. so keeping in mind that $0.01 per click equals to $10 for 1000 visitors..
It is rather expensive..  The only case I would pay for that is if I was sure that the traffic quality would be amazing,
for example if the visitor was forced to stay focused on my site for etc. 2 minutes.. so that he'd get to actually read
the content of my advertisement in order to move on to an action like joining something I advertise.

5.Advertisements Quality
3 second ads, 5 second ads even 10 and 15 second ads are almost useless in my opinion even if they lead to some good
results. Of course we can't expect anyone to be forced to stay focused on our advertisement for 5 minutes but 1 or 2
would be fine at some cases. After all it is the members' time that matters and the advertiser wishes to purchase not
just the visit.. So in my opinion, in order to make a PTC ad package more attractive to an advertiser should be to
improve its quality, not just to drop the price.. as it won't help much with the actual results.

These are only some of the points that I'd like to cover for now.
I'll include proper motivation and referral rates at a later post..

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #10 - 2nd Apr, 2013 at 4:26pm

SolidSnake wrote on 2nd Apr, 2013 at 2:28am:
Here are some of my thoughts regarding a "stable" PTC model..

Ok, then what? And are you talking from an owner's or member's perspective?

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #11 - 2nd Apr, 2013 at 7:06pm

@SolidSnake..
Though I agree with your views, I feel that we need more of them. Just one or two sites may not make a big difference.
« Last Edit: 2nd Apr, 2013 at 7:14pm by venkat »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #12 - 2nd Apr, 2013 at 9:05pm

dansbanners wrote on 2nd Apr, 2013 at 4:26pm:

To me it seems like it's both. I mean, all members want a site that will stick around. If not, what's the point of building our downlines? If the site is not sustainable, then it's no good for members nor the owner.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #13 - 2nd Apr, 2013 at 9:36pm

dansbanners wrote on 2nd Apr, 2013 at 4:26pm:

It doesn't matter much.. I'm just sharing my ideas..
So far I've been a member and advertiser, and it's not in my present plans to change that...

However I'm trying to be objective and see things out of the "member" - "owner" frames.
A good PTC program has to benefit not only members and the owner, but also the advertisers as well.
Everyone has to be happy in order for such a business relationship to succeed.

So, feel free to express your thoughts on the subject.  Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #14 - 2nd Apr, 2013 at 11:56pm

ruicarlov wrote on 2nd Apr, 2013 at 9:05pm:
To me it seems like it's both. I mean, all members want a site that will stick around. If not, what's the point of building our downlines? If the site is not sustainable, then it's no good for members nor the owner.

Good point. That's one reason why I have some qualms about all those one referral level PTC's. Cause in that case the downline could only move sideways and not downwards onto the 2nd, 3rd, 4th level, etc...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print