Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Downline farm (Read 222668 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Downline farm
Reply #330 - 10th Sep, 2020 at 3:43pm

Wait...stop the presses! It looks like the death of that banner was a little premature.  Smiley

Maybe it just took a while for people to become accustomed to it or maybe it had to do with back to school/labor day holiday but the banner has started to draw in some people. If it is enough to win the contest, then it will pay for itself so maybe this becomes a profitable effort. The question now is how deep in the site did these people go and will that produce upgrades and a longer-term commitment from them?

That's one thing about marketing. It is highly scientific with some human variables mixed in. Grin

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #331 - 10th Sep, 2020 at 10:37pm

Sometime just accept the success when it comes as it is. No need to over analyze it. Smiley
« Last Edit: 11th Sep, 2020 at 1:35am by dansbanners »  

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #332 - 11th Sep, 2020 at 10:49pm

moneymarketing wrote on 10th Sep, 2020 at 3:43pm:
Wait...stop the presses! It looks like the death of that banner was a little premature.  Smiley

Like Mark Twain supposedly said: "The report of my death was an exaggeration"

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #333 - 12th Sep, 2020 at 6:44am

ruicarlov wrote on 11th Sep, 2020 at 10:49pm:
Like Mark Twain supposedly said: "The report of my death was an exaggeration"

That was the inspiration  Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #334 - 15th Sep, 2020 at 2:45pm

I'm giving the top promoter contest a last minute snipe shot with a few campaigns using stock funds and credits plus a 1 day rotator ad on R4A that would be covered even by position #2 and will maybe also set me up for the next 15 days contest.

I've already got a new referral with ID:6110 so that's where we stand as of right now. Smiley

Let's see how it will go.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #335 - 15th Sep, 2020 at 4:34pm

SolidSnake wrote on 15th Sep, 2020 at 2:45pm:
I'm giving the top promoter contest a last minute snipe shot with a few campaigns using stock funds and credits plus a 1 day rotator ad on R4A that would be covered even by position #2 and will maybe also set me up for the next 15 days contest.

I've already got a new referral with ID:6110 so that's where we stand as of right now. Smiley

Let's see how it will go.

This is why it is important just to grab a spot. I'm at 6053 so already there are 50 people under me.  Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #336 - 16th Sep, 2020 at 12:39pm

Looks like I needed a few more hours to get to the first spot..  Feeling beat up

Never mind, I got 3rd so at least got something back for it.
Next time I'll try to be more on time to run the campaign.

A bad thing is that I was rejected a bunch of thousands of hits I led to them..
The actual hits the programs I ran for it reported, were the following:

~8000 hits from R4A
~2000 hits from PTCS
~300 from Paidverts
~700 from YGP

and I had about ~1000 hits already registered in DLF before the campaigns, so from all of those only ~5000 were actually accepted which is less than 50%.  Dont know
« Last Edit: 16th Sep, 2020 at 12:48pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #337 - 16th Sep, 2020 at 5:55pm

SolidSnake wrote on 16th Sep, 2020 at 12:39pm:
Looks like I needed a few more hours to get to the first spot..  Feeling beat up

Never mind, I got 3rd so at least got something back for it.
Next time I'll try to be more on time to run the campaign.

A bad thing is that I was rejected a bunch of thousands of hits I led to them..
The actual hits the programs I ran for it reported, were the following:

~8000 hits from R4A
~2000 hits from PTCS
~300 from Paidverts
~700 from YGP

and I had about ~1000 hits already registered in DLF before the campaigns, so from all of those only ~5000 were actually accepted which is less than 50%.  Dont know

50% is about the rate I expect. I haven't found a way to get it much higher be that longer hits or forced views.  Dont know Undecided

Maybe we can focus on figuring that out in the future.

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #338 - 16th Sep, 2020 at 8:26pm

Depends on the detection mechanism, however it will NEVER be anywhere close to 100%. You can get maybe get up to 80% but in the end it's the client (visitor) who's got the last word on allowing to be tracked or not.
The reason for the discrepancy is that many users are using privacy-oriented browsers where scripts/cookies are being actively blocked which makes a proper tracking all that harder to achieve.

But the real culprit here (after looking into this more closely) is that Downlinefarm did not implement the "Samesite" attribute on their cookies, which means that in a 3rd party context (such as promoting in iFrames which are used in PTCs, TEs and similar) all of their cookies get BLOCKED in the latest modern browsers which most people use these days. Which in turn means, no tracking and most importantly, no referrals! So you might be missing out on some referrals as well.

Just some insight on the matter, so now you know who to blame.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #339 - 16th Sep, 2020 at 9:15pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 16th Sep, 2020 at 8:26pm:
Depends on the detection mechanism, however it will NEVER be anywhere close to 100%. You can get maybe get up to 80% but in the end it's the client (visitor) who's got the last word on allowing to be tracked or not.
The reason for the discrepancy is that many users are using privacy-oriented browsers where scripts/cookies are being actively blocked which makes a proper tracking all that harder to achieve.

But the real culprit here (after looking into this more closely) is that Downlinefarm did not implement the "Samesite" attribute on their cookies, which means that in a 3rd party context (such as promoting in iFrames which are used in PTCs, TEs and similar) all of their cookies get BLOCKED in the latest modern browsers which most people use these days. Which in turn means, no tracking and most importantly, no referrals! So you might be missing out on some referrals as well.

Just some insight on the matter, so now you know who to blame.

I've talked to him about some of this stuff. Unfortunately, he is using a fixed script so he can change a lot of it. Maybe when his income goes up a bit he can get a custom script going.

And even if we do lose referrals, I do believe they get passed out randomly to upgraded members so we get some of them back. And it goes to the single downline so it is not a huge loss (just referral contest losses which aren't hard to overcome).

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #340 - 17th Sep, 2020 at 7:15am

Setting or modifying any type of cookie attribute can be easily done globally at the server-config level. No need to modify the script at all.
For example on Apache (which he's also using btw) it's as simple as adding the following lines in the config:
Code (C++):
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
	Header always edit Set-Cookie (.*) "$1; SameSite=None"
</IfModule> 

This will work for cookies set server-side (which is the normal and secure way to do it) and won't work for cookies set through Javascript (which is highly insecure and should not be used anyway).

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #341 - 17th Sep, 2020 at 8:00pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 17th Sep, 2020 at 7:15am:
Setting or modifying any type of cookie attribute can be easily done globally at the server-config level. No need to modify the script at all.
For example on Apache (which he's also using btw) it's as simple as adding the following lines in the config:
Code (C++):
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
	Header always edit Set-Cookie (.*) "$1; SameSite=None"
</IfModule> 

This will work for cookies set server-side (which is the normal and secure way to do it) and won't work for cookies set through Javascript (which is highly insecure and should not be used anyway).

If you want to email him with this information, it would be appreciated. I've tried to explain these kinds of things but due to my lack of knowledge I don't get the best reception. He also might be able to explain why this might not be possible from his side and you never know, maybe something positive could happen between the two of you from a business perspective.

It's up to you though and don't feel you need to do it (but I'll try the cheesy eyes to motivate you anyway).  Cheesy

Grin

support@downlinefarm.com

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #342 - 17th Sep, 2020 at 8:35pm

Sorry but I don't believe in such programs. Even though I've signed up, I do not participate in it in any way, especially after seeing they heavily promote AIOP. I've been suckered into AIOP a while back and never got anything from it.

AIOP's script is coded in the same manner: heavily out-dated and lacking basic updates with serious sign-up bugs preventing users from signing up through iFrames, thus wasting your credits on PTCs & TEs. Even though I've notified them of their ongoing issues (at the time when I was actively promoting AIOP) they did NOTHING to solve the issues, saying that there aren't any issues and that I should try their splash pages instead which of course all lead to the same registration page ridden with bugs.

Actually this detective work is just a habit of mine when I'm bored I check the sites I regularly use and report any bugs I find. But if owners do not fix the bugs, it takes the fun in searching for more away.
In this case I made an exception from the said rule and thought I'd check it out anyway as you guys are actively promoting this program.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #343 - 17th Sep, 2020 at 9:27pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 17th Sep, 2020 at 8:35pm:
Sorry but I don't believe in such programs. Even though I've signed up, I do not participate in it in any way, especially after seeing they heavily promote AIOP. I've been suckered into AIOP a while back and never got anything from it.

AIOP's script is coded in the same manner: heavily out-dated and lacking basic updates with serious sign-up bugs preventing users from signing up through iFrames, thus wasting your credits on PTCs & TEs. Even though I've notified them of their ongoing issues (at the time when I was actively promoting AIOP) they did NOTHING to solve the issues, saying that there aren't any issues and that I should try their splash pages instead which of course all lead to the same registration page ridden with bugs.

Actually this detective work is just a habit of mine when I'm bored I check the sites I regularly use and report any bugs I find. But if owners do not fix the bugs, it takes the fun in searching for more away.
In this case I made an exception from the said rule and thought I'd check it out anyway as you guys are actively promoting this program.

This is probably why AIOP is not a very popular program in the industry. It's around but it is not everywhere like yours is.

People have an innate sense about these things. I don't understand why PO's don't pick up on that. Experienced marketers know when a program is giving them 'enough' to make a profit and when they see one that is just a money-sucking machine they drop it pretty quick.

All it takes is one or two sites to treat marketers right and we then have a control site by which all others can be measured

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #344 - 18th Sep, 2020 at 2:21pm

ruicarlov wrote on 6th Sep, 2020 at 11:55pm:
Something funny is happening. Everytime I try to upgrade with Paypal, it shows only credit cards to make the payment. I have quite some USD in my account, so I wanted to avoid credit card fees on foregin currency, but I can't seem to use my balance  Huh

Okay, so that whole credit card thing was only the backup payment method. It does use the balance first, and only if it's not enough does it go to the CC. Wouldn't kill them to explain things a bit better in the payment page.....

Anyway, I upgraded now.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 59
Send Topic Print