Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Backwards Brain Bicycle (Read 3500 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
The Backwards Brain Bicycle
26th May, 2015 at 8:07am

This demonstrates so many things to me. Especially how we are brainwashed and how hard it is to break out of programming

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: The Backwards Brain Bicycle
Reply #1 - 26th May, 2015 at 3:19pm

Wow.. nice find!

I've faced something similar without knowing about this, when I was young.. Smiley

At the age of 6, I was at a school where my main teacher taught me how to read in a slow and steady kind of way.

Two years later I switched to a school where my teacher had this point of view that I was not good at reading because I couldn't read fast enough like the other kids.. So I had to adapt to them and started trying to read fast enough to keep up.. and eventually got it.

But then again 3-4 years later I moved to another school where "slow reading" was the normal thing and people just couldn't keep up with me.. So once again I had to learn how to slow down.. I was frustrated at first but some time later I was able to read slowly again..

And one last time, I moved on to a new area where guess what... the other kids were reading relatively fast..
Well, it was rather awkward at first but I adapted once again and thankfully that's when I finished school, so I've been reading really fast ever since..

Sometimes now when I need to read out loud for other people I still have a lot of trouble slowing down and they almost always ask me to.. lol..

The problem is that after so many years of reading fast my eyes are used to reading a bunch of words ahead of my speech and when I slow down my speaking, I lose my flow because the words to say, pile up more than my "buffer" can hold, I guess.. Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print