Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Industry trend (Read 6386 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Industry trend
26th Feb, 2015 at 7:35pm

For a time, due to the influence and success of NB, it seemed that sites were going for PTCs and the rented referral craze. That is all we would see in the advertising on sites.

Now, with the success of paidverts things have shifted. It seems the trend is towards revenue share sites, 150% return on your $$$ invested. So it looks like the new fad is solidly established. I wonder how long it will last and if we will see a string of failures like we saw with the PTC RR sites?
« Last Edit: 26th Feb, 2015 at 7:48pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: Industry trend
Reply #1 - 27th Feb, 2015 at 4:28pm

At least the PTC RR sites managed to create some solid sites that have lasted long.
I must say I'm not particularly optimist about this new trend.
I don't think I can consider Paidverts anywhere near the level of success of Neobux. If anything, I would put in more on the level of PTCbox, altough it has lasted longer and probably won't implode thanks to the debt swaps (which is basically a default of part of the money they owe, no matter how pretty they like to put it).

IP Logged

ancy sabu123
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Reply #2 - 3rd Mar, 2015 at 3:00pm

I must say I'm not particularly optimist about this new trend.
I don't think I can consider Paidverts anywhere near the level of success of Neobux. If anything, I would put in more on the level of PTCbox, altough it has lasted longer and probably won't implode thanks to the debt swaps (which is basically a default of part of the money they owe, no matter how pretty they like to put it).
Back to top        Huh

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #3 - 3rd Mar, 2015 at 9:20pm

Well, not sure if they're gonna pull through this upcoming swap but either way it's kinda early to judge..

Sure NeoNux has the seal of PayPal and I can't really tell for sure what (or possibly how much) lies behind that seal.. Smiley

But at any case, if PaidVerts manage to survive without PayPal after April they will be leading this new trend.. and indeed a revolution in the PTC oriented world..

If they don't.. well.. there will always be someone else to try a bit harder.. Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #4 - 25th Apr, 2015 at 6:50pm

Now that the swap has passed I think we can revisit this topic. It looks like we have up to ten solid competitors to PV that have popped up and are growing. They are never going to replace PV unless they crash but they are there. I'm guessing maybe 5 will crash or drop into minimal payout rates and ad issues. One of the benefits for PV which CS and NB benefited from when they had the bux explosion, is all the PV type sites that will advertise on PV in order to get more referrals. So it is a bit of a great time for affiliates with all the cash flowing around. I think that unless this economic model does actually work long term then this won't last more that a year. So this is the testing time and a lot of money will be jockeying to get their teams built

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 26th Apr, 2015 at 5:25pm

One thing to keep in mind is that before Paidverts was created, Jo had already established his business with MTV, which gave him the head-start with such a project.

Even until now I'm sure there are a lot of people that only deal with MTV and simply ignore PV. Therefore MTV is still creating an income that can also support Jo with the PV's debt.

So my point is that, simply opening a site just like PaidVerts out of nowhere could prove too hard to maintain with controlled debt and going without another income source backing it up..

Once people reach their desired group/level and start cashing out regularly instead of buying more, things are gonna get rough with the site's ability to reduce the debt to its members without a backup income source.

The importance when owning a money making site with a lot of traffic is in knowing how to convert all this traffic to income. PTCs and Paidverts clones sure are attractive and generate daily traffic up to a point. But the once the daily traffic matures the admin has to provide them with something useful, something they actually need and sell it to them for pure profit.

MTV has such products and they include advertising spaces, games and custom developed programs that generate income. If the clones don't then they will most likely hit a barrier soon..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 26th Apr, 2015 at 6:36pm

Many of them are using the enhanced revenue and combining it with the old PTC features that Richard refused to implement. Rented referrals is one example. I think some of the survivors will be a PV/PTC hybrid model.

One of the good things about the model is that the debt isn't on a timeline. It is dependent on future sales, so in that respect, the site can't technically go into negative revenue since it pays out only what it earns. Sales may drop, in economics they would be finding their 'fair market value' based on the price and ROI of the cost of the ads, what customers are willing to pay for the service, but there should always be sales at some point

I think this is where the affiliate marketers like us really benefit. Where Richard is making a ton of money is through his referrals. I think this site is actually exposing how many referrals POs actually get and it a huge number. And that is where they make most of their revenue like Richard does. This is why they don't like to share random referrals with the upgraded members. That said, as affiliate marketers, a good portion of the cash will be made from our referrals if we can get the numbers up high enough no matter how low site revenue goes

David

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print