Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"An Office 2003 installation on your computer is corrupted and setup cannot continue" error bypass. (Read 4239 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
"An Office 2003 installation on your computer is corrupted and setup cannot continue" error bypass.
25th Mar, 2014 at 4:02pm

I've been facing this issue for a couple of hours now..

On a computer running Windows XP, I could not install Microsoft Office 2010 receiving this message that there was a corrupted Office 2003 installation and there was no way to uninstall it the standard way from the control panel.

After not finding much help about it online, I figured out that an easy way to get through this was to enter the windows registry using Run (Windows Button + R) -> regedit.exe and then search for the term "Office 2003".

It kept on bringing up a pair of two keys including the above keyword in many folders called "Media" and I kept deleting those two keys, until it could be found no more..

Then I tried again and Office 2010 installed just fine.
I hope that I will save some time to others facing the same issue so I'm sharing the fix.

WARNING : Keep in mind that modifying the windows registry is a dangerous tactic if you don't know what you're doing and you may end up losing data or needing to reformat your Windows installation if you're not careful enough.

I was about to do a clean windows installation anyway so I went ahead and tried it and it worked.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: 25th Mar, 2014 at 4:45pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print