Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Creepy (Read 7807 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Creepy
16th Mar, 2014 at 12:47am

Starting to put my taxes together for the year. Now in the tax forms the government expects us to post the URLs of the sites we derive our income from (fortunately, I only make money from a couple  Smiley the rest are immaterial). I don't mind doing it but it is yet one more hassle they dump on us for the privilege of having our money taken.

You add this to all the documentation required for stock trading etc. etc. etc. What a freakin' waste of time. I've already wasted close to four hours doing this. If you add another 15 million taxpayers in Canada, that is maybe another 60 million man hours wasted for nothing! If they just had a basic sales tax and business tax then all the other compliance would not be needed.

I don't hate taxes (they are a necessary evil) but I hate all the paperwork!   Angry

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Creepy
Reply #1 - 16th Mar, 2014 at 10:25am

moneymarketing wrote on 16th Mar, 2014 at 12:47am:
Starting to put my taxes together for the year. Now in the tax forms the government expects us to post the URLs of the sites we derive our income from (fortunately, I only make money from a couple  Smiley the rest are immaterial). I don't mind doing it but it is yet one more hassle they dump on us for the privilege of having our money taken.

You add this to all the documentation required for stock trading etc. etc. etc. What a freakin' waste of time. I've already wasted close to four hours doing this. If you add another 15 million taxpayers in Canada, that is maybe another 60 million man hours wasted for nothing! If they just had a basic sales tax and business tax then all the other compliance would not be needed.

I don't hate taxes (they are a necessary evil) but I hate all the paperwork!   Angry

Well, Greece is the bureaucracy's heaven...

Υou won't believe how many hours an average person here has to wait in queues (like this) per week.. Note that there are no clear lines.. and a couple of misunderstandings and shouting there is pretty normal.. Greeks have no idea what the word "patience" means.. Their moto is "right here, right now" so people normally get frustrated and rude when waiting..

Thankfully now I pay most of my bills online so I barely have to wait in queues.. but whenever I need a signed document, I have no other option.. Undecided

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #2 - 16th Mar, 2014 at 1:16pm

Wow, you actually get the option to put URL sites as an income source in Canada?  Shocked

I guess I must be glad our government is still so backwater... Phew

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 16th Mar, 2014 at 4:22pm

ruicarlov wrote on 16th Mar, 2014 at 1:16pm:
Wow, you actually get the option to put URL sites as an income source in Canada?  Shocked

'cept that it is not an option. I'm sure if I didn't I'd be getting a letter or phone call inviting me to have a chat with them  Angry

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #4 - 16th Mar, 2014 at 4:26pm

SolidSnake wrote on 16th Mar, 2014 at 10:25am:
Well, Greece is the bureaucracy's heaven...

Υou won't believe how many hours an average person here has to wait in queues (like this) per week.. Note that there are no clear lines.. and a couple of misunderstandings and shouting there is pretty normal.. Greeks have no idea what the word "patience" means.. Their moto is "right here, right now" so people normally get frustrated and rude when waiting..

Thankfully now I pay most of my bills online so I barely have to wait in queues.. but whenever I need a signed document, I have no other option.. Undecided

Oh nice. And I thought I had it bad. Yes, thank goodness for online payments. We do that very well now.

edit: those lineups are the government's version of social networking  Smiley

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #5 - 16th Mar, 2014 at 7:05pm

ruicarlov wrote on 16th Mar, 2014 at 1:16pm:

Actually, I'm going to put my referral link in the URL. Maybe those bureaucrats are just looking for more sources of income themselves. I may as well make some money from them.  Grin

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 16th Mar, 2014 at 7:24pm

This is another good reason to reinvest your earnings until your gains get substantial and you can take them out in large chunks. If we are supposed to detail all the little earnings payments we get from sites to the government, this could create a headache. Just the pages it took to account for what I paid/received in 3 payment processors took 15 pages of printed copy (thankfully, I don't need to send that to the government)

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #7 - 17th Mar, 2014 at 2:13am

moneymarketing wrote on 16th Mar, 2014 at 7:05pm:
Actually, I'm going to put my referral link in the URL. Maybe those bureaucrats are just looking for more sources of income themselves. I may as well make some money from them.  Grin

That's actually an awesome idea!  Smiley
And including the social networking comment, I can tell you can always make something good out of everything bad! Smiley

Ok, you didn't call a name so I'm trademarking your technique... I'll call it "Reversed Profiting"..
It will soon be a term in the Affiliate Marketing dictionaries.. just wait for it..  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print