Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 90
Send Topic Print
My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com (Read 761014 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: My Traffic Value - PaidVerts.com
Reply #405 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 9:28pm

moneymarketing wrote on 24th Nov, 2014 at 6:09pm:
....and to be honest, I know you like to talk about small time thinking, so don't take this as an insult but as constructive criticism. I don't even bother to think about the BAP ads unless I need to keep my account active. When you get to the point where you are getting dollars per click, those BAP ads become tedious to click on.

Well, I keep on thinking about those BAP ads based on their value which if converted they are equal to $0.0125 so I preferably click those before clicking the $0.01 ones.. Sure it's not directly credited to our balance but collecting more points could grant us higher valued ads to click especially in the lower levels. And I kinda think about them as the daily tax stabilizer for not clicking any ad under $0.01..

Clicking those 8 BAP ads equals to 200 points so :
1. that's enough to pay the daily tax (100 BAPs) and
2. the loss due to not clicking any ad below $0.01..

The 100 BAPs that remain after paying the tax equal $0.05 and that's almost always more than enough to cover the cost of all lower than $0.01 valued ads I receive daily.. so this way I don't pay for the filter and still click only $0.01+ without losing anything.

With that in mind I make sure I maintain a balance that only goes upwards (with stable BAPs) simply by reinvesting 2/3 of what I earn.
That all is based on my plan to stay on the 5th level until I get something out of the site and later on move ahead to the higher levels whenever I get the budget to. My plan involves a lot of clicking maybe but since PV doesn't require forced focus I can still do them while at the same time I do something else so I don't care much..

Quote:
You guys might disagree and don't feel you need to keep quiet about it  Smiley

How can they not feel like that when that ban button is available to you mod.. Tongue  Grin

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #406 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 9:37pm

moneymarketing wrote on 24th Nov, 2014 at 6:09pm:
....and to be honest, I know you like to talk about small time thinking, so don't take this as an insult but as constructive criticism. I don't even bother to think about the BAP ads unless I need to keep my account active. When you get to the point where you are getting dollars per click, those BAP ads become tedious to click on.

You guys might disagree and don't feel you need to keep quiet about it  Smiley

It was to my understanding that clicking on the BAP ads would lead to having more cents ads to click on? Unless I'm missing something here?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #407 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 11:56pm

dansbanners wrote on 24th Nov, 2014 at 9:37pm:
It was to my understanding that clicking on the BAP ads would lead to having more cents ads to click on? Unless I'm missing something here?

No you are not, basically apart from extending your account expiration, they add up to your BAP balance.
A higher BAP balance allows you to receive higher valued ads and/or more ads depending on which ones are available for your level.

Etc, a $0.01 ad would require you to have $0.01 / $0.0005 = 20 BAPs in your BAP balance.
If you have 100 BAPs you could theoretically receive up to 5 x $0.01 ads (or 10 x $0.005 ads.. etc.).. if you have 200 BAPs up to 10 x $0.01 ads (or 20 x $0.005 ads.. etc..) and it goes on like that..

Also if you're close to the borders of the next level they can help you get there thus receiving ads that the higher level grants you.
On a higher level it may not be a big deal since the profits would be plenty to cover the expenses but on lower levels they kinda do matter.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #408 - 25th Nov, 2014 at 7:57am

dansbanners wrote on 24th Nov, 2014 at 9:37pm:

No, you are right. I'm just saying that you can burn up a lot of minutes spending time making money on the little ads when there are ways to get much higher clicks at the site. Why chase pennies where there are dollars waiting to be clicked? Or, why work 100 times harder? There are only so many minutes in the day

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #409 - 26th Nov, 2014 at 7:34pm

I just made a request for $134 to cash out and already I have $47 in my account again!   Shocked

This is getting scary!

I'm having a hard time getting my mind around these numbers. It is very surreal.

I'm beginning to understand, on a very tiny scale, how lottery winners feel when they get all that unexpected money

Maybe I should just give it to the government. They have been pretty skilled at spending my money for years anyway. Why not give them the rest?

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #410 - 26th Nov, 2014 at 10:01pm

Use the money to help you grow.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #411 - 26th Nov, 2014 at 11:14pm

moneymarketing wrote on 26th Nov, 2014 at 7:34pm:
I just made a request for $134 to cash out and already I have $47 in my account again!   Shocked

This is getting scary!

I'm having a hard time getting my mind around these numbers. It is very surreal.

I'm beginning to understand, on a very tiny scale, how lottery winners feel when they get all that unexpected money

Maybe I should just give it to the government. They have been pretty skilled at spending my money for years anyway. Why not give them the rest?

Kinda reminds me of that final PTCBox age.. It was a few days after I was upgraded to Team Leader there.
I remember waking up in the morning, logging in to my account and seeing 3 new referral upgrade commissions totaling $120..
I was so stunned I could not believe in my eyes..  Shocked

I hope we'll get to that point where this would be a typical morning in PV..  Smiley
I've recently got another referral that has been reinvesting the past few days and now he's just crossed 10000 BAPs! Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #412 - 29th Nov, 2014 at 5:14pm

Ok, I got the following captchas to identify me as human on PV today.
Seriously is this a joke?

Smiley

I had to go thorugh all of these to actually confirm a ad.. (I started keeping a screenshot after many more tries)
They must have messed up switching the difficulty bar to impossible on the solve media settings..

I think if someone actually makes sense by what he see's in these captchas he must not be human or sth.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #413 - 29th Nov, 2014 at 5:49pm

SolidSnake wrote on 29th Nov, 2014 at 5:14pm:
Ok, I got the following captchas to identify me as human on PV today.
Seriously is this a joke?

http://i.imgur.com/VIyEgl8.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/V0H1sy8.png
http://i.imgur.com/GPQWN8Y.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/6nu9Lde.png
http://i.imgur.com/hwmyK0y.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/nxpuQx6.png

Smiley

I had to go thorugh all of these to actually confirm a ad.. (I started keeping a screenshot after many more tries)
They must have messed up switching the difficulty bar to impossible on the solve media settings..

I think if someone actually makes sense by what he see's in these captchas he must not be human or sth.

Wow! I've heard reports of difficult captchas but I've never seen any. Apparently the solution is to clear your cache/cookies and reset your modem etc.

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #414 - 29th Nov, 2014 at 5:57pm

Or click the refresh captcha button.

But seriously, the site is so sloooooow for me today.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #415 - 29th Nov, 2014 at 10:22pm

ruicarlov wrote on 29th Nov, 2014 at 5:57pm:
Or click the refresh captcha button.

But seriously, the site is so sloooooow for me today.

I think he did keep refreshing it and, like zombies, they just kept coming out like that  Grin

The site is going through major growing pains today. He's had to suspend the ad issue until the programmers figure out the problem. I think the programmers have reached the end of their skill set and maybe it is time they moved up to more professional network management

Too much traffic is always a good problem to have though

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #416 - 29th Nov, 2014 at 11:25pm

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #417 - 30th Nov, 2014 at 12:00am

About the captcha, it seems it's a solve media problem. Other sites that use it for logins (like Goldenclix) all have been getting really hard captchas.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #418 - 30th Nov, 2014 at 2:21am

ruicarlov wrote on 30th Nov, 2014 at 12:00am:
About the captcha, it seems it's a solve media problem. Other sites that use it for logins (like Goldenclix) all have been getting really hard captchas.

Maybe they don't want to pay their affiliate fees  Grin

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #419 - 30th Nov, 2014 at 1:03pm

moneymarketing wrote on 29th Nov, 2014 at 10:22pm:
I think he did keep refreshing it and, like zombies, they just kept coming out like that  Grin

Exactly the feeling.. Nailed it! Grin

ruicarlov wrote on 30th Nov, 2014 at 12:00am:

The admins using SolveMedia have access to a setting that adjusts the difficulty and the complexion of the captcha..
So, either they adjusted it to the most difficult level or there was something wrong with the SolveMedia server passing out only the toughest captchas to solve.. Smiley

Well, it looks like that issue has been solved now only it's getting terribly slow to work on PV lately.. Sad

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 90
Send Topic Print