Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
What is the key to a successful PTC? (Read 64572 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: What is the key to a successful PTC?
Reply #30 - 5th Apr, 2013 at 11:48pm

Well yes, I actually never liked "premium only" ads and stuff as an advertiser..
Let's leave that out.. Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #31 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 4:10pm

After a lot of conversations I now feel offering bonus non incentive advertising is a must for any PTC ad pack.
This highly affects the appealing of the ad packs to advertisers and therefore the stability of the site.

What do you think would be good ideas as bonus advertising on a PTC pack?

etc. if the maximum expense of a standard ad (30 seconds / 1 minute) is :

$0.01 to upline + $0.01 to downline = $0.02 per click = $20 per 1000 clicks.

(That's not extreme.. it's neobux's price)

What could make such an ad pack interesting?
« Last Edit: 4th Oct, 2013 at 4:55pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #32 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 4:27pm

It's a bit extreme. Neobux actually costs 20% less ($16 per 1000 clicks) and has the bonus of 9000 Adprize views.

As for the bonus advertising, I believe that's hard to value, since it depends of the site's membercount. If a 1000 member and 10000 member site both offer 20000 banner impressions, obviously the second offer has more value, since there's a higher chance of reaching an interested person if the public is larger.

However, if it's something like a PPC ad (like adhitz or yougetprofit banner advertising) then it's easier to put a "price tag" on it.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #33 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 4:55pm

Oh, sorry I didn't notice the price drop.. this affects stability though so let's just use the $10 margin.

$0.01 to upline + $0.01 to downline = $0.02 / click = $10 per 500 clicks.

In Neobux the cost is $10 and the bonus is 4500 adprize views.
In ClixSense the cost is $9.50 and there is no bonus included.
I think NerdBux is also at $9.50 without a bonus.

Banner Advertising is a fine bonus and if the site is still growing there is still the benefit of repeated exposure until the impressions run out. Even in major sites a lot of repeating is happening because not every one is online at the same time
plus there are usually more things to do on the site so the same members keep browsing and viewing banners often.

Extra non incentive grid advertising is also a good bonus to offer. However I feel neobux's adprize is somewhat wrong
because it offers that "next page" button. I've found myself more times reading a site's content when I have to click
close and then open another ad in new window. It kinda quantizes the process helping me to give specific attention
to each loading ad. In neobux it's much simpler to just click next page and complete the daily chances and I feel that
reduces the ad's importance to the viewer. Watching each ad as a separate process feels more effective than watching
them in a row as a chain or list.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #34 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 5:34pm

Multiple banner exposure is fine and all, but there must be a minimum threshold of different members watching it to be worth it. I do agree that grid advertising would be interesting.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #35 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 6:06pm

SolidSnake wrote on 4th Oct, 2013 at 4:10pm:
After a lot of conversations I now feel offering bonus non incentive advertising is a must for any PTC ad pack.
This highly affects the appealing of the ad packs to advertisers and therefore the stability of the site.

What do you think would be good ideas as bonus advertising on a PTC pack?

etc. if the maximum expense of a standard ad (30 seconds / 1 minute) is :

$0.01 to upline + $0.01 to downline = $0.02 per click = $20 per 1000 clicks.

(That's not extreme.. it's neobux's price)

What could make such an ad pack interesting?

I think the chance at free ad credits could be helpful.

edit: my reasoning being it will keep ads recycling through the system and thus keep activity levels high
« Last Edit: 4th Oct, 2013 at 6:21pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #36 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 6:14pm

ruicarlov wrote on 4th Oct, 2013 at 5:34pm:
Multiple banner exposure is fine and all, but there must be a minimum threshold of different members watching it to be worth it. I do agree that grid advertising would be interesting.

Though having a site with 1000 members that puts their banners on the front page is probably better than one that only advertises internally to the 100K. It all depends on how much the site is advertised though but that outside traffic is very important in banner advertising

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #37 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 6:31pm

SolidSnake wrote on 4th Oct, 2013 at 4:55pm:
In Neobux the cost is $10 and the bonus is 4500 adprize views.
In ClixSense the cost is $9.50 and there is no bonus included.
I think NerdBux is also at $9.50 without a bonus.

Don't forget they also offer the ads on the 'ads today' page. That is actually a key part of my targeting and why I prefer to buy in bulk. The bigger the campaign, then the longer it takes to run on the site and thus the more 'free' clickers you get.

On my last two hits4pay ads at clixsense I bought:

50K ads and received 2434 free clicks from the 'ads today' page
100K ads and received 6443 free clicks

All else was equal because it was the same ad, it was just renewed and it stayed on the free ads page a lot longer.

The best part of the free ad clicks is that those members are truly voluntary clicks. There is no incentive whatsoever so they are genuinely interested in the ad, thus the sign up rate from the clicks is also higher
« Last Edit: 4th Oct, 2013 at 6:39pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #38 - 4th Oct, 2013 at 8:46pm

Where can I find this "ads today" page? I don't see anything like that..  Huh

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #39 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 2:09pm

SolidSnake wrote on 4th Oct, 2013 at 8:46pm:
Where can I find this "ads today" page? I don't see anything like that..  Huh

You know how when you are not signed in and you click the view ads page? They will show you a sample of ads that were listed within the last 24 hours. A lot of people will go to that page when they are checking out the site to see if they have very much activity(I know I do, it is usually the second thing I check after ad prices). That space is like a free text ad bonus for us. If you can write a catchy text ad there, you can bring in a lot of extra clicks    Cool
« Last Edit: 5th Oct, 2013 at 2:14pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #40 - 5th Oct, 2013 at 7:47pm

moneymarketing wrote on 5th Oct, 2013 at 2:09pm:
You know how when you are not signed in and you click the view ads page? They will show you a sample of ads that were listed within the last 24 hours. A lot of people will go to that page when they are checking out the site to see if they have very much activity(I know I do, it is usually the second thing I check after ad prices). That space is like a free text ad bonus for us. If you can write a catchy text ad there, you can bring in a lot of extra clicks    Cool

Hmm.. so that's an interesting bonus feature for a ptc as well.. showing expire ads (text style) on the public ads page for some time. Not bad!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #41 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:03pm

Based on our work on PaidVerts there is another thing that seems to be rather interesting and making a PTC more interesting:

Rewarding the best clickers with bonus ads to click!
(This could also be expanded with other bonuses of course..)

Something I can also think of, is adding some unreferred members as bonus referrals to the best clickers.

Since offering rented referrals can be a source of abuse for admins, using the unreferred members as a bonus to the most active members, instead of simply renting them for profit could improve the admin's image and respect, plus increase the member's feeling of worthiness.

Who knows maybe by collecting good ideas we will one day inspire someone (or be able to do it ourselves) to run an actual PTC that would be stable and profitable and offer a reliable long term advertising option.. kinda like what most (if not all) PTCs are not. Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #42 - 2nd Feb, 2017 at 9:40pm

Here's something I'd like to break down once again in a more "Forcing vs Motivating" way.. Maybe one day I'll collect all these points in a blog/wiki or something.. Smiley

The Importance of Categorizing Your Members

One of the biggest mistakes admins do is to think of all members as 1 large group and mixing features each one needs with the ones that they most of the times don't..

If they don't separate them in groups based on what each one needs, it's impossible to target them all at once.. I believe it's one of the reasons PTCs don't go usually go too far.. Here are some examples:

Clicking requirement to earn from referrals: Affects ONLY those with referrals.. the typical random clicker is not affected so this won't force him to increase his activity at all.. the shareholder with no referrals will also not be affected by this rule. So it only makes life harder for the one that has referrals, and that should be the one benefiting from other people's clicking activity.. and normally he ends up doing more work to earn the same from his referrals. The only case he will benefit is by having a referral that also refers which is also rare.

Clicking requirement to earn from shares: Affects ONLY the shareholders.. now this group is the one consisting of investors. People that decide to invest money on an opportunity in order to see it grow and get profit after hiting their ROI. If they only have shares without referrals the clicking requirement is purely a burden for them.. (I'm not talking about clicking out of interest in the advertised content.. it's just the force to do so even if they don't want to). Again simple clickers are not affected at all by this rule..

Clicking requirement to cashout: Affects people that cashout.. mostly shareholders and large scale promoters/people renting refs as they are the ones that tend to regularly cashout. Once again simple clickers are very little affected by this rule as they are only able to cashout after months of clicking and there's no need to force them as they will already click to earn. It's why they join after all.

So, as you see
none of these rules will be motivational for the masses that join the site purely to click and earn
from their own clicks.
Not to mention that all the above rules promote activity through force and may be discouraging for everyone. A positive emotion is always way more powerful than the negative approach.

Next post will hold some practical ideas..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #43 - 2nd Feb, 2017 at 9:58pm

...now let's turn the attention to the basics of motivation...

Positive Emotion vs Forceful Activity

So what would motivate these masses in a PTC sites?

It's not hard to figure it out.. Freebies like free stuff! That may translate to activity bonuses, prizes, competitions etc. Nothing motivates a clicker more than making him feel his clicks are actually rewarded and his activity is worth it.

Most of the times, clicking for $0.001 or less will not keep a person active for long, until he figures out it's not worth the pain. And not everyone is ready to invest online, even when we are talking about micro values. They are here to work and earn after all aren't they?

Many are really poor people that need a job. Some are just people browsing the web and were curious enough to check if it is really possible to earn money through the internet.. So what's best than offer them what they want? They will be willing to spend some time in order to earn. Clicking is easy.. so why not?

So, a simple way to motivate that freebie group is to add simple clicking activity bonuses WITHOUT the investing requirements..
They don't necessary have to be big.. etc a $0.10 bonus every 200 clicks would be sufficient to get many clicking happily.. and still cost very little to the site.

Also a top 10 clickers list with bonuses would be a cool idea to get people into clicking a lot more ads daily.
Top 10 contests worked amazingly good in Bucks247 in the past. People like to stand out of the masses due to something they do, so that's a good feature to have.

Another interesting prize would be some bonus rented referrals for clicking goals. This would also help people to familiarize with the RR system, get more interested in it and potentially plan and invest small amounts to keep them and eventually progress to one of the investor groups.

If the average clickers are happy, then their uplines will also be happy and invest more on the site through renting or referring..
This way the site will also earn more and big time investors will also notice that the site is healthy enough to invest in.

So it's a positive process for everyone.

As for investors occasional promos and contests have already proved to be very successful and motivational for them.

Improving the overall quality of service (reduced pending payment queues, catchy design without abuse of advertising space, good promotional tools, active admin, etc.) is also a way to make a site more attractive.

Referrers would be further motivated by referring contests and bonuses, apart from the increased clicking activity of the masses above.

If a site succeeds in motivating the average Joe of clickers, it will be easier to motivate the rest of the upper groups, which is why I keep suggesting that the focus should be on them.

What do you think..?  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2nd Feb, 2017 at 10:18pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

oldbuddy
Recruit Member

Old Retiree

Portland, Oregon USA
Reply #44 - 23rd Jun, 2019 at 4:39am

I quit Neobux years ago for low pay as they got more and more greedy. Now I use Fusioncash which is like a PTC only better paying. I click surveys that pay me even if I get disqualified, so it goes just about as fast as clicking an ad and waiting for a timer, only I can make $2 a day. The only problem is it's USA or Canada only.

WWW oldbuddy70 https://facebook.com/oldbuddy70  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print