Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to get rid of some limited access connection problems in Windows 7 or 8 (Read 6514 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
How to get rid of some limited access connection problems in Windows 7 or 8
12th Jan, 2013 at 9:06pm

Sometimes when running windows 7 or 8 and connecting through wifi a lot of users are facing the following issue. Without obvious reason some wireless cards like to enter a limited access mode (you can recognize it by seeing a small yellow triangle on your connection status icon).

The main problem is that windows do NOT automatically fix this issue while they should, so you have to manually either disable and re-enable your wifi or have windows troubleshooting application fix it for you.

However sometimes you might need your computer to stay connected while unattended and this issue will disconnect it and leave it offline causing you trouble.

I've been facing this issue for years with my wifi and one day I decided to do something about it.. so I went ahead and created a C# application that will automatically repair my connection whenever it detected that it failed.

The application is freeware and completely ad free. It is called "Snaked Net Check", hosted at SourceForge.net and you can download it through this page :

Snaked Net Check
« Last Edit: 15th Jan, 2013 at 11:36pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: How to get rid of some limited access connection problems in Windows 7 or 8
Reply #1 - 2nd May, 2013 at 4:31pm

I'm happy to announce that I've just released a new version of my application "Snaked Net Check".
We've broken through the beta stage and it's now stable and optimized for windows 7 or 8.

Quote:
Bugs fixed and new features in the latest version Snaked Net Check v1.1 :

1. Major Fix : The application now checks the server's reachability through a separate thread so it no longer lags when it's not.

2. The user is now given the option to save his primary and secondary actions so they don't get reset each time the application is launched.

3. In the Settings Window, when the server's IP address or domain name get changed, the user has the option to bypass the server's availability check so the address can now be changed even when offline. However bypass the check at your own risk, since doing so might lead to an incorrect server address to be inserted.

4. Leave Feedback form is now working properly. We fixed a bug in the SMTP server's port settings. Since people seem to like the application even more over time, we're looking forward to receiving your feedback!

If you have used the beta version before, you're definitely gonna love this.. Smiley
Link is in the first post of the thread.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print